Chinese Buffet OMG

leighforty

Went to a Chinese buffet tonight, It was a treat for my hubbies birthday. I had it all planned what I was going to eat, I had saved 40 weekly points.
All my plans went out of the window when I got there :eek:and saw the food. God knows how many I had, hopefully weigh in on Tuesday wont be too painfull.
:break_diet:

Im going too one next friday, i think ill do same as you when i see the food.As long as its a one off it shouldnt matter too much.

I find when I go to a Chinese buffet it helps a lot if I plan a rough meal before I go and then write down everything as I eat it (on my iPhone) that's how I can keep on track :) maybe give it a go the next time you go? Hope the damage isn't bad though, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We are going to an Indian one next week for my friends 30th.....am saving ALL my weeklies for that!

Today is a new day, fresh start, hope you had a good night :)

I find when I go to a Chinese buffet it helps a lot if I plan a rough meal before I go and then write down everything as I eat it (on my iPhone) that's how I can keep on track :) maybe give it a go the next time you go? Hope the damage isn't bad though, good luck!

I did plan but there wasnt much in the eating out book for chinese so didnt know how much most things were so couldnt check PP I had 40 saved so its not as bad as it could be. Today hasnt been to good either. Never mind tomorrow is another day.

I have a Chinese buffet just down the road and I usually go there on a Sunday night after weigh-in with my fiancé. My strategy is:

* keep as many daily propoints as I can for dinner. Normally this involves not having anything to eat from brunch (roughly 11.30 am) because I've got my weigh-in at 7 pm and I want to have an empty stomach. I don't even drink at all for a good few hours because of that. Sunday is also my weigh-in day as I said, so I have all of my weeklies available, which I consider gone after the Chinese buffet
* on arrival, have a bowl of soup. This fills me up and I look at the food less hungrily
* fill up my plate with vegetables. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, mushrooms in oyster sauce, you say it, I'll fill my plate
* choose prawns rather than fried food. My buffer has prawns with vegetables which I happily keep on filling my dish with.
* only a spoon of rice and a couple of chicken tandoori (which I LURVE) otherwise the dish would burst :)
* after dinner, fill my dessert bowl with fruit and only top it up with a tiny bit of ice cream

This strategy has always worked really well, my fiancé always wonders how I can eat "that much" at the Chinese and then lose weight LOL.

the following day I keep myself very low in points, most of the time trying not to have my full 29 on Monday, to compensate (maybe 27 or 28, but not often most of the time I stay within the 29!). Then I have my 29 all week until the following Sunday :)

When I was on VP I kept on doing this but on the Monday I would have the bare minimum of my points, like 14, or sometimes even less than that even if I knew it wasn't allowed :)

I have read or seen on TV somewhere that research has shown a buffet is the scenario where we are most likely to overeat because we are overwhelmed by choice and want to eat something of everything. It was suggested as a strategy that you take your time looking at the buffet and to pick something like four items that you want to eat the most and to stick to them only. Fill your plate once and don't go up for seconds. Haven't had occasion to try this myself though.

leighforty said:
I did plan but there wasnt much in the eating out book for chinese so didnt know how much most things were so couldnt check PP I had 40 saved so its not as bad as it could be. Today hasnt been to good either. Never mind tomorrow is another day.

Try searching the pro point queries forum with whatever you ate, and you never know someone might have answered it :) hope you manage to have a good day!

If I am going out to eat I spend the day drinking literally litres of water, I don't know how it works but it does, I just can't eat as much as I like, and what I do eat doesn't seem to have too much of a negative effect on my weight loss:)

Certainly not meaning to be offensive to anybody BUT when I go to a chinese buffet I eat exactly what I want to eat! I don't do out much for a meal so when I do I enjoy it BUT I would save my weekly points up for it and be careful with my daily points for that day.

I put on 1lb which isnt too bad considering. Not going out this weekend so will be able to be better this week and hopefully show a loss next week.

Back