chip shop chips?

DizzyFlowers

Hi,

I just searched for the points of chip shop chips and curry sauce, and it was 7 points for an average portion and another post said 14. can someone help?
I had half a large portion, so an average portion.
and curry sauce?

thanks in advance! xx

my book says 7.5 pts but i would probably double that because the portion at a chip shop isnt 175g

Hey Dizzy!!!
My 'Eat out' book says the same as wantmybikinibody's.

It says 7.5points for an average MEDIUM portion of chipshop chips (175grams)

It also says an AVERAGE portion of curry sauce is 2points.

I guess it's too late for you to weigh the chips? I had a really ancient 'Eating Out guide'(over 10yrs old) and that used to say that a portion of chipshop chips was 9points!!! It's so hard to work some takeaways out, as it really does depend on the size of the portions that your local chippy gives.

I purposely go to a Chipshop a bit further away cos they give smaller portions. I find it easier that way, than trying to leave some chips (as if! lol)

Hope you enjoyed your chips Hun!!!!
xxx

Thanx you two!!

Yer defo too late to weigh them CookiesnCream! lol. but it wasnt too bad I had saved points from the day before and i counted the chips i had as 10 points (there wernt that many...unfortunatly!) to be on the safe side, so its all good!
i love this diet lol, chips on a diet?! haha.
xxx

I get confused with the chips too i was told 7.5 for a normal portion.. but what the hell so they class as normal!

another site (from the eating out guide online one here) stated that small was 7.5 and normal 9 .. so got really confused.. i had a cone the other day.. what does that come under? i classed it was 7.5 but wouldn't class that was normal and medium?! ... lol very confusing! is 175gs 7.5 points? if so i'll work it out that way next and the dog can have the left overs ;) hehe

Yep Hun!!!
The Eat Out Guide that I bought from class says 175grams of chip shop chips is 7.5points. If you are at home it is easier to weigh them, but if you are eating them out and about it's all based on guesswork!!!!

I'd also think that a cone would be a pretty low points serving, as those cones are deceptively small. You can only fit about 6 chips in them!!! Ha Ha!!!

Yep Hun!!!
The Eat Out Guide that I bought from class says 175grams of chip shop chips is 7.5points. If you are at home it is easier to weigh them, but if you are eating them out and about it's all based on guesswork!!!!

I'd also think that a cone would be a pretty low points serving, as those cones are deceptively small. You can only fit about 6 chips in them!!! Ha Ha!!!

LOL very true about the cone! my chippy doesn't put them in a cone though just scoops up chips and puts em on lol! .. next time i have chippy ill weigh the cone size portion i get then next time if i'm eating out and i know what size the cone portion is i can base it on that ! :)

Very surprised to see that a large sausage is only 2.5 points as well!?!? i do sausages at home and most the time they are 3 points just for one!! and that's tiny lol

Back