Chips With Everything is BACK !

Thanks sarah. chips xx :( bit upset to be honest, not with you of course xx

no worries chips. dont be upset just take it wuth a pinch of salt each week you've lost weight and you keep going. you've started the change to make your life easier and by that we are all cheering you on the way. this is a support forum and i think its important sometimes to reiterate that.

sarah xx

no problem chips dont let it get you down each week your losing weight and are working on making changes which in turn make us healthy but in your time and at your pace.

sarah xx

sorry phone went crazy and said not posted did it again niw you have 2!!! lol

Morning sweetie

Gosh I turn my back for two seconds and the Carb Wars break out! :D Merits to both arguments, of course, but as someone who tried Atkins for two years, my own take on it is that it's not wise to cut out any food group - which is why I find calorie counting so enjoyable.

But enough of that. How the heck are ya? You did make me laugh with your post about the brother and the wine!

Sooz xxx

hi chips i hope your feeling better. have you been enjoying the weather in your garden. talking about birds we have two magpies living in one of our trees and they antagonise my dog like crazy. try to steal his fur, hes a husky, poor thing doesnt know where to turn lol.

sarah xx

Hi Sarah and all chipsters. Magpies are one of the few birds I dislike. Seen what they do to lambs and even sheep :( I worry they will attack my little blind rescue dog as she wanders round the garden and they are constantly after young fledglings and eggs, Nature I know, but hate the noisy buggars.

Still upset about yesterday. It has somewhat spoilt the site for me. I feel so weary. Thanks for standing up to her. She asked to be deregistered or how she could get banned :confused: All very strange. Can't believe I let it get to me so much and would have coped better if I wasn't feeling so poorly at the moment. She knew nothing about me, my struggles or my health, she didn't even know my stats or how I was doing. I was upset because it probably wasn't just me reading her "strident" (her word) opinions. Even those achieving steady 1,2 or more lbs losses she writes us off as failures as she states anyone around 17st should be losing up to 6 lb a week. So what about those of us heavier? maybe an unrealistic & unhealthy 10 or 12lb a week? How about a nice round stone :mad: So destructive, demoralising and patronising but she just couldn't see it. I do not want the "pink & fluffy" she kept referring to as something she is incapable of delivering. But I also do not want parsimonious, self opinionated, thoughtless individuals rubbishing my efforts and those of others by telling us we are doing it all wrong. Just wish she'd kept her strident opinions to her own thread. :cool: All very sad really. Maybe she'll think next time. Hey ho. Be good. chips xx

I had a magpie situation once when I lived in OZ - walking down the road, minding my own business, I must have strayed too near to a nest. Next minute I heard this whoooooossssh next to my ear - I was being blooming dive-bombed by a magpie!

She came over my head, circled back, like North by North West, then went to dive bomb again, but then her talons got caught in my hair and her wing cut my face!!!! Honest injun! Never been so scared in my life. Imagine the bird wasn't feeling too calm either...luckily with me batting at her, and her struggling, she got free of my hair.

I am a Hitchcock fan, and The Birds has always scared the willies out of me, but when the magpie finally got away, I sat on a fence mopping my face, she sat on the pavement opposite me and we had a moment where bird looks at human, human looks at bird, we got each other and a deal was made. Which means, I ran as fast as my little legs would take me :D

ah susie i shouldnt laugh but you painted the scene so well. my mum saud wgen she lived in aus a bird tried attacking her eyes! scary stuff.

chips dont let her put you off. we are all behind u and support is what were all here for. she obviously doesnt understand the term support. ive had a few posts from her on ny diary and they were blunt but she webt a step too far this time and i couldnt let it rest. sorry to have but in like that but its in my nature to fight ... hopefully not in a bad way lol.

so onwards now and today is a new day. are you close to the sea chips? im in swansea so the sea is never far away and its lovely in this weather to smell it in the air.

sarah xx

Thanks Sarah. North Wales coast is about 45 minutes away. Don't get out much now but used to spend lots of time down there. Have care workers starting to come in today which I am dreading. Such a loss of dignity for someone who used to be so independant. Maybe they'll be nice.

Weighed myself today as scales were batteryless yesterday and lost 1½ so calling it 1. Still telling myself if I lose an average of 1lb a week that's 52lb a year and I've given myself 2 years to get near target. Considering the weight has gone on steadily over 16 years that seems like a sensible, healthy trade-off and gives me time to learn how to control food rather than let it control me. If I lose a bit more, it will be a bonus. For me, setting and achieving realistic targets is the key to not failing. Be good. chips xx

Sounds like the perfect weight loss approach to me hun! Anyway it's not a race, it's about eating well and healthily and losing weight in a sustainable way :)

Big hugs for the visit today - I'm sure they will be lovely xxx

1 or 2 lbs a week regardless of being over 17 stone or not is a healthy way to do it. To think dropping 6-7lbs a week is healthy is just stupid in my opinion, very silly. Especially for long term maintenance. I know that if I dropped that much so quick, I'd be back where I started within 6 months. Id much rather make gradual changes, take the long slow route, and deal with any bumps along the way, then by the time I do reach my goal, ill know exactly what works for me, and how not to go back to my old ways.

That is just my opinion tho, different things work for different people, however I am like you chips, It doesn't matter how quick we get there, just that we do one day, whenever that day may be!

And by the time we get there, some of those who have gone the quick route might have got to goal and gained again!

So keep your eye on your goal, don't get upset at what other people say, and remember we have all subscribed to your thread because we think your great, and like giving and receiving your support! Chin up xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I get it. I really get it but some days I just wish I could be put into a coma and then wake up slim and at goal. I just want to see constant differences to spur me on!!! You know what I mean!!!

Thanks linz :) Just made a bucketful of spicy veg soup. Will freeze most into portions. If it didn't move and was in the kitchen, it went into the soup :rolleyes: Not my manky slippers of course, they went in the bin.

My most hidious recent food impulse purchase mistake was a carton of beetroot juice. Now, I love beetroot although I go easy on it, but this stuff is called Beet It, I think and smells so wierd and is so sweet I nearly had to spit it out. Why do they do that? Add loads of unnecessary sugar or sweetener so you can't taste what it's meant to taste of ? Was going to lob it, but tried a glug in the soup and although it turned an alarming colour it has given it a really pleasant taste. So I might make a Borschty thing with it tomorrow. Thanks for support all. Be good chips xx

Thanks linz :) Just made a bucketful of spicy veg soup. Will freeze most into portions. If it didn't move and was in the kitchen, it went into the soup :rolleyes: Not my manky slippers of course, they went in the bin.

My most hidious recent food impulse purchase mistake was a carton of beetroot juice. Now, I love beetroot although I go easy on it, but this stuff is called Beet It, I think and smells so wierd and is so sweet I nearly had to spit it out. Why do they do that? Add loads of unnecessary sugar or sweetener so you can't taste what it's meant to taste of ? Was going to lob it, but tried a glug in the soup and although it turned an alarming colour it has given it a really pleasant taste. So I might make a Borschty thing with it tomorrow. Thanks for support all. Be good chips xx
I like sugary sweet stuff but not when its added like that. I don't like sugar in my tea or cereal (chocolate sure but that's different rules right). But sugar in beetroot? That does sound grim. That reminds me I should do a soup, I was needing some new foods to add to my eating options and soup sounds like a great one.

I like sugary sweet stuff but not when its added like that. I don't like sugar in my tea or cereal (chocolate sure but that's different rules right). But sugar in beetroot? That does sound grim. That reminds me I should do a soup, I was needing some new foods to add to my eating options and soup sounds like a great one.

Everytime I pass the saucepan, I have a couple of spoonful :p It's really nice and just uses what veggies I had kicking around plus a few tins. I will post recipe on here tomorrow. Off to put my feet up. Nite Nite chips xx

How hot is it!!!!! Im currently sat in work looking out the window at this glorious sun shine. I'm convincing my self i'm sat in it enjoying a glass of wine ( by drinking my fizzy water in a wine glass) I hope its still like this at weekend!

xx

So here's Chips' Chunky Veggie Soup. Maybe not suitable for all, so adapt to your own eating plan

Onions, leeks, garlic, sweated in 2 teaspoons of Flora Cuisine or spray oil, pan lid on, add chopped celery, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli florets, asparagus, courgettes, few sugar snap peas, topped & tailed to remove stringy bits, half an aubergine, cubed (optional) tin of green lentils, 2 tins chopped tomatoes (I like Napoli Italian), 2 veggie stock cubes, pint of water, half glass of Big Tom bloody mary mix (nice and hot and spicy, no voddie unfortunately) or couple of tablespoons of Doritos Hot Salsa Dip (I use it a lot in cooking, makes a quick chilli base) teaspoon of Nandos peri peri, loads of ground black pepper, dash of soya sauce to salt it a bit, think I put a dash of Worcestershire in as well, few crushed chillis. Simmer for an hour. Freezes well if you don't eat it all, which I nearly have ..... :p You can add anything you have kicking around, small tin or frozen butter beans, sweetcorn or chick peas which I tend to avoid as starchy, but in a huge pot aren't too much of an issue.

Good to have in fridge or freezer. If going out to eat maybe have a bowl before you go to really fill you up. Be good. chips xx

Forgot the glug of Beet It beetroot juice as mentioned higher up the thread. Found it awful to drink, but added a little something to the soup :eek:

Thanks so much for the recipe. I am a veggie and this sounds delicious will attempt tomorrow x

You can add/leave out anything really. Shredded cabbage or spinach is nice (the latter added just at end of cooking) If you add kidney and other beans it makes a good chilli. Find aubergine, although not to everyones taste keeps well in fridge and if cubed keeps a firmness when cooked which makes it filling. You can scoop out some of the chunky finished soup and stick blend the rest, then add chunky back. I usually treat myself to a teaspoon of creme freche in the middle when I serve it. Yum :p Hope you're OK. Sent a DM but nothing shows in my sent folder so hope you got it. chips xx

Back