Chocolate orange coucous cake

Mel2

Silver Member
I created this last night and it really is quite nice.

Put 1 cup of couscous in a bowl. Add 6 heaped teaspoons of dark chocolate highlights (3syns). Just cover with boiling water and stir well so the highlights dissolves. Leave covered until cooked and cooled completely.
Add 2 eggs, a few drops of vanilla essence, 4 tablespoons of mullerlight (the orange ones are best - I used the orange with chocolate flakes, although vanilla would be fine). The zest and juice of a small orange(I haven't syned this as the amount in each slice is tiny and it would be so easy to just eat an orange which would be free!) and a good few tablespoons of sweetener to taste ( I like it very sweet so added a lot). Mix really well and pour into a frylighted loaf tin. Bake at 180 for about an hour until crusty on top. Turn out onto a cooling tray once done. Mine felt really soft and a bit wobbly when I took it out but it firmed up well once cooled.
Would be lovely served with sweetened quark/FF greek yoghurt with orange zest through it and only about 0.5 syns per slice!

Back