Chocolate

Pink_Fluff

Chocoholic
I really want to make something chocolatey and I saw this last night: http://www.spanishchocolate.co.uk/

Its fat reduced but pretty high on carbs compared to the other diet ones which are higher in fat but lower in carbs.

I thought cocoa would be ok but thats massively high in fat too.

So whats best, or should I just give up on the chocolate??? :cry:

oh that spanish choc stuff is d.i.v.i.n.e.
yes tesco value stuff. but only allowed a bit a day and tbh ive tried to stop myself. when i get to conso ill be more adventurous x

I don't see how thats better than anything else:
P 8g
C 68.3g
F 12.1g

Compared to options belgian choc
P 12.4g
C 53g
F 8.3g

ie lower in carbs and fat and higher in protein. What is the qualifying criteria? I spent ages looking for a chocolate that was low in carbs and fat last night lol!

is that tesco value cocoa though or hot choc? i thought me meant about cooking with it :D

I think any choc is off the menu for now - that makes life easier :p
I can't actually find any 'tesco value' cocoa or drinking choc online - I suspect my 'local' (which I think I'm automatically logged into) Tesco doesn't stock it. I just wanted to check the nutritional info, but have resigned myself to 'no choc', which is actually not been hard so far. Even though DH scoffs chocolate biccies nearly every night :(

Yeah was thinking to cook with but if the best thing to use is hot choc I'd use that. So does anyone know what to be looking for in terms of carbs and fats?

Hi Becca,

I can't get through to the Dukan web site at the moment but a French calorie site lists fat-reduced cocoa as (per 100gr):

Calories : 266 kCal
Protein : 24 g
Fat : 12 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g

see: Cacao (dégraissé) (100g) - TableDesCalories.com

And you are allowed max 1 ts per day (I think)

The problem seems to be actually buying/finding fat-reduced cocoa (not drinking choc which has all sorts of things added) in the UK.

Now I have some Green&Blacks cocoa powder here (not bought recently I hasten to add, and not used during this diet!) and that is per 100gr:
kCal: 350
Protein 23.6gr
Carbohydrate 13.6 gr
Fat 22.3gr

And in theory you are allowed HALF a teaspoon of that.

for the sake of a teaspoon its really not worth it is it. I was thinking chocolate custard would be nice. Nevermind!

Hi Becca,

I can't get through to the Dukan web site at the moment but a French calorie site lists fat-reduced cocoa as (per 100gr):

Calories : 266 kCal
Protein : 24 g
Fat : 12 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g

see: Cacao (dégraissé) (100g) - TableDesCalories.com

And you are allowed max 1 ts per day (I think)

The problem seems to be actually buying/finding fat-reduced cocoa (not drinking choc which has all sorts of things added) in the UK.

Now I have some Green&Blacks cocoa powder here (not bought recently I hasten to add, and not used during this diet!) and that is per 100gr:
kCal: 350
Protein 23.6gr
Carbohydrate 13.6 gr
Fat 22.3gr

And in theory you are allowed HALF a teaspoon of that.

Tesco Value Cocoa 250G ??

Nutrition

Typical Values 100g contains
Energy 1045kJ (250kcal)
Protein 23.5g
Carbohydrate 14.0g
Sugars 1.0g
Fat 11.0g
Saturates 7.0g
Mono Unsaturates 3.7g
Polyunsaturates 0.3g
Fibre 30.5g
Sodium*trace
Salt Equivalent trace

Attachments

• coco.jpg
    coco.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 43
Hun i bet it doesnt even taste chocolatey. When on the atkins i experimented with ice cream and green and blacks cocoa powder and tbh it was ice cream with powder in it. Not what i expected at all, ended up throwing it!

was gonna use it for the pralines :D

Back