Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

Well done on the super organisation for your Dukan days back at work. The only thing I'm finding a bit tough is eating a PP lunch when there are no options but bringing a lunchbox. I reckon there would be horrified gasps if I were to bring and start gnawing a big box of chicken drumsticks and nowt else :p much as I would enjoy them though! You're lucky to have the different canteens etc.

It made me laugh to think of you and your trousers - I did the same thing on Saturday. What are we like?! :D

Have a good day - at the end of tomorrow we're over the hump of the week! :)Xx

Chris - you are doing so so well! Glad work is going well an the organisation will definitely pay off. I am trying to get better too ( following your example). It makes it much easier to turn down offers of biccies and treats if you have a stash of muffins and other Dukan goodies ;)

Love the trouser comment ! Lol great feeling when that happens, just remember to get a smaller pair before they start falling down when you stand up! Heheh won't be long tho, the lbs are falling off ;)

Yes first week almost over without a hitch - yesterday we had an issue we needed to sort out so no lunch time really - today was better. I normally work 3.5 days but im working full time this week and next until someone returns from sick leave. I will be ready for a rest when weekend arrives. Good dukan food today made quiche (eggs, chicken, xl cottage cheese, thyme, black pepper) baked until set. it was good :) and another good dukan day tomorrow is planned

Thurs 8/9 PV
Another busy day glad its Friday tomorrow - think I'll just hibernate until Monday Im so tired. Good day dukan food wise - feel so in control with food choices and not at all worried or craving stuff I should not have. Role on Sunday for weigh in day ( just had a thought then it will be Monday and it all starts again - LOL) Hope you are all well and Dukan happy :)

You're doing brill Chris. This is my first full week back in school and am shattered too. Going to bed at midnight and getting up at 6am for a swim before work has taken its toll. Early bed tonight as i hope to push myself a bit extra in the pool tomorrow and then a long relaxing weekend ahead. The Dukan control has spread into other parts of my life - my work area has miraculously remained organised and tidy for the last week at work!! :)Xx

So glad its friday, been rushed off our feet at work - i will have walked miles in and out of classrooms and staff room this week. Surprisingly a very good week easy to do Dukan no questions from anybody re diet. A few positive comments from colleagues so a great week. Havent walked much at night tho too cream crackered so if weather good hope to have 2 long walks this weekend. Walked 4 miles today :)

Hi Wheest sometimes wonder if they are human! I work in a further education college in the floristry department. I support students that have either disabilities or difficulties e.g. dyslexia, adhd, cerebal palsy, etc at the start of a new academic year the students are unknown to us so it can be hectic. We have other issues too we are faced with on a daily basis a lot of underprivileged kids attend our college so it can be difficult at times but ............ I so love my job

I'm exhausted just reading that list. I have 4 students with special needs in a class of 30 this year so I appreciate how demanding it can be ....... But oh, so very rewarding! :)Xx

Saturday 10/9
Nothing exciting happening here. My son is back from Wales with a massive pile of washing to add to the existing massive pile. Loads of housework to be done this weekend :( Thats the trouble with working everything has to get crammed into two days. Just been to the local farmers market butcher, bought some good dukan stuff for in the week. Going to cook later so I have plenty of choice to pull out of the freezer. Glad I made bread and muffins for last week so handy to just get them out ready for the following morning so making those again too. Weigh in tomorrow but might be my grumpy * week so i'm sure the scales will tell me. Doesnt look like I will get much of a walk, it keeps pouring down with rain and its very windy (supposed to be doing that tomorrow) oh well never mind there is a lot worse to come ughhhhh hate winter!!! Back to the housework hoping i would win the euromillions last night could have employed a cleaner :)

Yes I have had students return to college to say thank you because if someone had'nt given them a chance with understanding and patience or believed in them they wouldnt have progressed to Uni or have got a job. This year we have students with epilepsy, cerebal palsy, dyslexia x 3, MLD, social issues, mental health problems etc and thats just in one class - 2011/12 is going to be a very long year!

Our jobs are challenging but very rewarding Lausanne its a good job there are ppl like us Lausanne :)

I know that I will be knackered Monday evening too, having been living the easy (sort of) life for the past 2 years. Even though I run my own company, if I had a quiet day with no appointments I stayed in bed a bit longer lol. That's finished now, Monday I have to be at the council between 8.45 and 9am. Guess I need to be starting to get as prepared as you Chris, with preparing lunches etc. the night before. Will give the muffins a try as I haven't tried them before and it might be better to take a few of them instead of a galette. x

Hi Mirjam its the early starts that bother me - car park spaces are limited so we have to be there early. Less traffic so it isnt too bad. Time to chill and a natter over coffee before the fun begins at 9. The only way i think if you work is to be organised and plan - I sometimes wonder how I do what I do with there being 4 adults in the same house - the washing and ironing do my head in!
Hope the new job is everything you hoped for and that you enjoy it - it must be awful to have a job that you hate! x

I love early starts Chris as it means you finish early too ;) Travelling into Aberdeen city centre at 8.30am is no fun :( as there's too much traffic and not enough roads. I don't iron, Alan doesn't want me to iron his shirts as he likes the way he irons them himself so I'm VERY happy with that :D I wear iron-free shirts every day so I only use an iron when I need to iron my work pants. Not sure if I will enjoy the job, it's a PA job and have worked many years as a PA but my dream job is the job I have, my company. I so love organising stuff, from seminars to corporate events but as my company is only 2.5 years old, I don't have that many events to organise - yet. x

You're lucky to have the different canteens etc.
Xx

Unfortunately not so lucky - the food is ok but geared mainly for students you can imagine whats on offer - I had a look the other day and there is zero dukan so its packed lunch every day .......... which I don't mind MrR has them too so its easy. I can always nip to the market but have very little time so really not an option unless im desperate.

I love early starts Chris as it means you finish early too ;)
Yes Mirjam I agree on average I finish about 3.30 until my new timetable is sorted. I could have a late night this year until 9pm :eek:

I don't iron, Alan doesn't want me to iron his shirts as he likes the way he irons them himself so I'm VERY happy with that :D
Where have I gone wrong :(

Not sure if I will enjoy the job, it's a PA job and have worked many years as a PA but my dream job is the job I have, my company.

It all adds to your experience, contacts etc and you will get paid whilst developing your own company and the events will come flooding in :D

Last edited:
Sunday 11/9 PV

............. -2 if i say so myself not bad at all. It might be slow compared to others but for me it is 'BRILLIANT'. Thank you to everyone that has helped me over the past few weeks. Not really done enough walking because Ive been so tired but still a good week. Onwards and downwards :)

Think ive got a water infection started on Friday - wierd pain dont think its cystitis. Any advice :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately not so lucky - the food is ok but geared mainly for students you can imagine whats on offer - I had a look the other day and there is zero dukan so its packed lunch every day .......... which I don't mind MrR has them too so its easy. I can always nip to the market but have very little time so really not an option unless im desperate.

Yay! Brilliant loss. 2 lbs is very respectable and maintainable. Can't offer any advice for infection as cranberry juice is usually thought to help but not prescribed by Dr D. Hope you feel better soon.

Now I understand your super efficiency for the working week. :D

I find lunches difficult esp. PP - won't be letting on at work that I'm doing Dukan ( not sure it would be perceived in a positive light) I've been taking in a good sized tub of protein for brekkie at 8 as I the only one there that early and I have yogurt and muffins at lunch with my colleagues.

I'm also having to do what my mam used to do for me when I was little - laying out my clothes the night before. I don't have time to faff about when hoping to be in the pool at 6.40am! As I lose weight new options are appearing in my wardrobe which means the deciding takes even longer!

So will be following your lead, Chris and batch baking muffins today and planning/cooking a few brekkies to have ready in the fridge for the start of the week. Hope the weather is a bit better for you in Scotland today. We are going to have a storm in Ireland according to the forecast. A good excuse to curl up in front of the fire with a novel! :)Xx

Now I understand your super efficiency for the working week. :D
I find lunches difficult esp. PP - won't be letting on at work that I'm doing Dukan ( not sure it would be perceived in a positive light)

Its the only way Lausanne yes ive had a puzzled look when I get my lunch out but who cares ;)

I'm also having to do what my mam used to do for me when I was little - laying out my clothes the night before.

As I lose weight new options are appearing in my wardrobe which means the deciding takes even longer!

Yeh ive no new options as yet but plenty of a size less to keep me going that ive never worn - i have stored loads in the loft need to MrR off his bottom to get them for me :D
So will be following your lead, Chris and batch baking muffins today and planning/cooking a few brekkies to have ready in the fridge for the start of the week. Hope the weather is a bit better for you in Scotland today

So we will be doing the same today - I'm in Lancashire Lausanne and the storm is heading our way too :eek:

Have a good day & take care

Oooops, don't know why I thought Scotland, sorry :eek:

You'll be surprised how many of the clothes in the loft will fit you. I think my shape has changed more dramatically on Dukan than with the same weight loss on other diets. I seem to be going in at all the right places.;)

Enjoy your day and sorry again for location booboo :)Xx

Back