Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

I'm sure your son will be fine

Hi Mark Thank you for putting my mind at rest this is the 3rd time he's gone to Leeds Fest & I know he is a big boy all 6'3 of him. I am just a worry wart!!!

By the way, I meant to say to you how much I enjoyed Aix.
Yes, Aix is very beautiful. Did you go to Carry-Le-Rouet a beautiful coastal town. Nina Simone lived there in her later years. I loved Marseille too very cosmopolitan.

Hope you hear from him soon xx I come from a family of "worry warts" ;) I am sure he is fine and just completely carried away with the brilliant time he's having, but very much understand your need to actually hear that from him!

Hope you have had a good day, early to bed for you after that early start - ouch!

Take care :)

We didn’t see Carry-Le-Rouet (wish I played piano like Nina Simone instead of Les Dawson). We stayed in Toulon as our base and visited various places such as Aix, St Tropez and Marseille which I enjoyed for its edgy bar culture. It didn’t even bother me that I wasn’t drinking.

I love French culture; the books, the films, the language. England seems so drab in comparison. I’m never happier than when sitting on a cafe terrace somewhere, sipping un grand crème, pretending to be John Paul Belmondo. Although this time around the coffee was black.

I love French culture; the books, the films, the language.
the same here Mark we were very lucky to spend 3 weeks each year nr Aix. Very sad it didnt work out between my daughter and her french fiance. She now speaks fluent french so at least she has got something out of it and of course some great memories. She is determined that she will live in France once her Uni course is finished. So more holidays for me and her dad :) :D
Hope u have had a good day - i dont feel that hungry today every so often i get like this, dont know why!

How are you coping without your strapping lad today Chris? It's funny how you never stop worrying about them, whatever their age!

My mum used to say 'The bigger they are, the bigger the problems'. True I suppose. I have four girls - two of them teens, andI do spend more time fretting about the older two than the younger two.

How are you coping without your strapping lad today Chris?
Hi wheest still havent heard from him (the monkey) I know im panicking for nothing i suppose. My daughter never stops sending texts, phone calls etc. so 1 little text from my handsome son is not too much to ask for or is it ................
The house is so quiet without his awful music blasting out but I will be so glad to see his lovely face - LOL
No-one tells you about the trials and tribulations of motherhood do they!!!

Had a long walk this morning along the gorgeous canal where I live we got absolutely soaking wet through. Couldnt see a thing the rain was pelting down so hard sideways - it made me walk faster though. Mr R had to drive home in his undies he was so wet :) and its supposed to be summer! Wheest wonder if its pelting down in Leeds perhaps my son's phone is waterlogged?

My hometown has just lifted the Challenge Cup at Wembley yehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Sunday - 28/8 PV

Weigh in today and ........... - 2lbs so thats 1 whole stone in 5 weeks. Can't believe it!!! and today is a PV day too so looking forward to some roasted BNS. My family have said they dont want anymore potatoes! would rather have what I'm having. One more week off work and then the real test will begin - No it won't be a test I will be very strong. Those changing rooms are waiting John Lewis, Debenhams, Next, Monsoon might even try the changing rooms in Selfridges. Cannot wait!
I know I repeat myself every Sunday but ....... I sit here shaking my head, I have never lost weight like this before its usually 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
I cannot thank my dukan friends enough for the support on this forum. THANK YOU

Well done Chris, you're doing great. This diet really is amazing, isn't it? It doesn't seem logical to eat so much and lose so much at the same time.

I hope your son packed his suncream, because it was scorchio in Leeds yesterday afternoon.

Mark

Well done Chris, you're doing great.

I hope your son packed his suncream, because it was scorchio in Leeds yesterday afternoon.

Mark

Thanks Mark yes love Dukan but what I like best is that my head seems sorted - wierd.
My son is lucky, very dark hair and skin so should be ok, glad to hear weather good for him. :character00238:

Hi Wheest I am a very lucky girl Mr R will come out walking with me whatever the weather and will eat whatever I give him. He never complains. The minute my daughter got out of her pit this morning she asked had I got weighed. My son well ............ LOL
And Wheest your not doing too badly yourself ;) so we are two happy bunnies :)

Yay!!! Well done Chris :) so pleased for you :D the shopping extravaganza is getting closer!!

We *heart* Dukan ;) xx

Monday PV (meal out) 29/8
My son is home safe and sound smelling like a smoked kipper!!! Lovely to see his smiling face he has had a good time not too many traumas other than getting beer and food stolen from his tent :( Today MrR and I went into Manchester to watch the fabulous Jenson Button driving up Deansgate in an F1 car - the noise was unbelievable, fantastic atmosphere. We actually got a good look at Mr Button coming out of the Hilton and my oh my he is gorgeous :)
I havent eaten or drank enough today but ive walked a lot. Will have make amends tomorrow. We are out for a family meal in an hour so hope the steak is good :)

Tuesday 30/8 PP
Lovely grilled rump & salad meal last night with my great family joined by my son's girlfriend. Didnt feel deprived the four of them had starters (none suitable for me) and no-one had dessert. Do you know I dont think I would have bothered if they had had a pud.........
So today - housework - ugh, food shopping and a long walk fingers x.
Have a good day everyone x

31/8 - Wed PV
This week is going too quick, want to do loads before its back to work on Monday, one thing i am definately going to do is plan my meals next week and do cooking for the freezer. Looking forward to the start of a new academic year but love being at home too. In June I thought Ive got this time off so I will do loads of jobs guess what haven't done any really. Oh well never mind Ive enjoyed being off. So today ......... nothing exciting other than the usual stuff washing, ironing, cooking and of course a walk. Did 4 miles yesterday and I was tired. On average Ive been out every day walking between 4 and 8 miles since starting Dukan thanks to Mr R encouraging me :) I'm going to Mr R's works BBQ on Saturday. I havent met them before and I dont know what to wear. I want to look ok but dont want to buy anything really. Some of my linen trousers I can't wear (too big) and the smaller sized ones are just a tad too tight. Don't do dresses or skirts yet .......... ;) traumas hate going somewhere new and not knowing what to wear.

Back