Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

Ellie celeriac wonderful stuff next to bns in my estimation, boil & mash is what I do, French have it raw like coleslaw. Pretty good either way I'm amazed it doesn't get more use here in uk

never tried celeriac picked one up once in lidl and wondered what on earth you did with it .... quite a scary looking thing. what does it taste like ?? when i sniffed it it reminded me of celery

Yep does smell of celery but doesnt really taste of it. Always reminds me of an alien head I always choose the least ugliest! Its good roasted plain or spiced or as a topping for something. Try it Ellie makes a nice change.

Lol at two of you eating weird!
I'm a celeriac fan too and even grew it this year as they're quite pricey! I had it most weekends as "mash", and it tastes so much nicer than boring mashed potatoes it's a joy! :D

Not sure about the celeriac as I HATE celery - devils food in my humble opinion but maybe I should take the plunge and try mashing it!!! They do look a bit weird though.
Have a great last day at work Chris, anything exciting planned for the weekend??? I am looking forward to the end of the week here, for some reason I am v tired and dunno!!! Mind you out on Friday singing at a concert and then again to the cinema on Sat so maybe that will perk me up!!! LOL - hope you have a GREAT Dukan day! x

I'm also a celery hater and thought I'd hate celeriac but I love it and often mix it half and half with mashed potato now I'm on stabilisation and feed it to my family who don't even notice

so do you peel it ??

Cottage Pie shared between 3 - it was yum although we had to throw it down our necks. The non dukan colleague loved it, said it was the best she had ever had! and will be buying BNS & celeriac tomorrow as she's never had it before until lunchtime.
A few student issues today none that we couldnt deal with but glad its the end of the working week for me.
Getting up at 5.15am two mornings on the trot is not good for my constitution! Wouldnt get up at that time for anyone except for my 2 pests and MrR.
Roast salmon, poached egg and sprouts (yum - fav veg i think) strange combination but that's what I fancy, SF strawberry jelly and yog for pud.
Im amazed how I've soon get back into the swing of Dukan after the festivities it does something to your head as well as make you shrink width ways too ;)

You're doing great Chris! I'm also happy it's Friday, I get up every day at 6.15am so that I am at work around 7.15am but with all the extra exercise this week I've been quite tired. Glad to hear your non-Dukan colleague loved the food. It's true what they say, every day is a school day, even if you work at one :D
Have a great day and enjoy your weekend x

Friday 20/1 PP
House jobs to do today then we can have a chilled weekend, hope its dry and not too cold to go for a long walk tomorrow & Sunday. Off to my hairdresser this aft for a trim. PP today not sure what im going to have, a tad fed up of chicken again although I do like it grilled on the GF so think I'll marinade with whatever is in the cupboard.
Better get the ironing board up ...........................

Why not marinade your chicken and turn it into curried chicken? I use Dijon mustard, teaspoon (or two, depending on the amount of marinade you make) of reduced salt light soy sauce, tablespoon of water and medium curry spices. It tastes absolutely divine!

Why not marinade your chicken and turn it into curried chicken? I use Dijon mustard, teaspoon (or two, depending on the amount of marinade you make) of reduced salt light soy sauce, tablespoon of water and medium curry spices. It tastes absolutely divine!

I do curry regularly - just want a change from the usual stuff i do. I think im programmed now to just eat it because its protein and I know its helping me to lose these last few pounds. My family have never complained once its just ME x

I know what you mean, you get a bit bored with eating the same over and over again, don't you? How about a nice turkey chilli?

Btw, we haven't heard or seen Wheesht or Red Hearty for a while, hope all's fine with them... x

Oh I know and Lausanne I miss them Mirjam. I agree hope they are OK.

Just been to have my hair cut with my fab hairdresser - we never stopped nattering :)
called at the farmers market butcher. I buy oatbran and wheatbran from the veg shop (1.39 & 1.19) the old chap asked what I did with it because he's had to reorder more stock (must be lots of dukan ppl about)

I forgot to mention my hairdresser said 'I look amazing' ah bless him he couldnt believe how different i look and I only saw him in November. Dukan - best diet ever! don't you agree?

I agree, it is the best diet ever but not following it to the letter at the moment as I'm not 100% Dukanning cos of the extra exercise per week now. Might go over to conso soon as I will need more carbs for the running and that will make me lose weight as well.
I didn't know Lausanne was missing too! Hope they're alright... X

Nice that your hairdresser noticed!!! Bet you have a good weigh in this week thanks to less locks!!! LOL. I hate it when people go off the radar cos you know that either they have fallen off the wagon or something has gone haywire in their life - either way it's sad not to be able to support them. Hopefully they will be back. Hope the weather stays good for your walks Chris - it's a bit windy our way but no rain thank goodness - I have just got back from singing in a concert at a church in the middle of nowhere - my feet are blocks of ice - a lovely hot choccy would go down a treat now!!! Getting a stupid cold and have a lovely sore throat which is something I need like a hole in the head right now!!! Fingers crossed it goes away really quickly. Have you sorted your Manchester shopping trip yet???? can't wait much longer surely! or is it a target weight treat? x

Back