Christiana's "persistence not perfection" food diary

Monday, 26th July 2010: EE day

Breakfast
Turkey ham sandwich as yesterday (b +2 syns)
2 Boiled eggs

Lunch
Syn free chips sprinkled with black pepper, salt and BBQ seasoning
Tesco Southern Fried Chicken fillet (4 syns)
Broccoli, carrots and corn
Baked beans

Dinner
Smash mashed potato made up with water, stock and black pepper
Passata, red onion, mushrooms, courgettes, pepper, jalepenos and tinned mackerel

Snacks
1 Jazz apple
1 Packet of Walkers baked crisps (5 syns)
2-finger orange Kit Kat (5.5 syns)

Healthy Extras
Had one for breakfast (above); 250ml semi-skimmed milk (a) for coffee and hot chocolate

Drinks
Water
Ribena really light blackcurrant juice
Robinsons NAS lemon squash
Cup of milky coffee (made with allowance)
2 x 11g sachets of Options Caribbean Coconut hot choc (3 syns)

Total syns

Last edited:
Tuesday, 27th July 2010: EE day

Breakfast
1 Shredded Wheat + 1 Ryvita fruit crunch (b)
250ml Semi-skimmed milk (a)
Coffee (with an extra 2 tbsp of evaporated milk - 2 syns)

Lunch
Bovril roast potatoes:
Toss parboiled potato cubes in chicken bovril (mix a tbsp with a tiny bit of water to form a loose paste. Don't salt the potatoes, the Bovril is salty enough!) and then place on on a baking tray, sprinkle with a little black papper, spray with frylight and roast until golden brown!

Turkey ham omelette, with onion, mushroom, courgette and peppers (1 syn)
Tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce

Dinner
Spicy pasta:
Boiled pasta mixed with 1 tbsp tomato puree (0.5 syns), half a chicken cube, garlic salt and some chilli flakes; served with mixed veggies and flaked mackerel

Snacks
Magnum mini almond (8.5 syns)
2-finger Kit Kat (5.5 syns)
1 Jumbo choc chip snack-a-jack (3 syns)

Healthy Extras
Had them for breakfast (above)

Drinks
Water
Cup of milky coffee (made with allowance)

Total syns

Last edited:
Hi Christiana, Hope you're having a good day.
Those roasties sound yum, I'm going to have to try that and see if they're more like the real thing... they're not quite the same made with fry light!

I notice your syns are quite high, you might find your losses speed up a bit if you keep them to maybe 15 syns a day? You can always fill up on tasty free food snacks, there are loads of ideas on here like SF pancakes, half syn roulade or Total 0% mixed with 2 syns of Options, if you fancy something sweet x

Yeah, I'm going to reduce my syns soon, my consultant recommended 20 until I get my club 10. I'm a bit loopy on the syns front, still trying to curb the indulgences that got me here in the first place! :)

It seems one day off plan plus no fizzy drinks is enough to shatter an entire week. I GAINED 2LBS!!! No star week, no over-the-top over-indulgences. I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be by now, and my progress has already stalled.

17.5lbs in 2 months....big freaking whoop. I aimed to be 2st lighter by now. Screw it, I'm not even going to count my pre SW weight loss anymore, because it wasn't exact. So it's actually 10.5lbs in 2 months. :cry:

I am wallowing for today. Maybe my resolve will find it's way back overnight. Here's hoping.

((Big hugs))
I know a gain wasn't what you were looking for but you need to make sure you get straight back onto plan and get the losses kick started again.
You've still lost all that weight so DON'T be disheartened, it's a step in the right direction... and you can get into the stride again

Thanks Sarah. I was in a very bad way last night, in tears for most of it. Just really angry at myself I suppose.I still feel a bit raw today, but will be trying to focus. I just feel like I've got such a way to go and what I've done so far feels like a very small splash in a very huge ocean. I'm disheartened because I have very little support where I am, so besides this site, I am very much alone in this.

More big hugs, hope you're feeling a bit better today.
Even if your losses don't seem to be moving quick enough, don't forget that even an average loss of 1lb a week equals over 3.5stone - which is an enormous amount.
Well you'll get plenty of support from this site. I don't go to group, and none of my friends are dieting so minimins is the only support I get and tbh it's fine - everyone's so lovely and all going through the same emotions around weightloss. I'm completely addicted to this site (which is why I go on it far too often when I should be busy doing other things!!)

Why don't you try having a look at other people's food diaries for inspiration, they may give you some ideas of different things to try and help kick start your losses again x

christina hun sorry to hear that you were in tears last night,try not to get to disheartened,i know it's easier said than done,but you will soon get that little 2lb gain off again,and look at how well you have done already and that is good:).The other day i was thinking about how much weight i would of gained if i hadn't started sw:eek: and that helped me.I'm also in it for a long time but i will get there.we can all help and encourage each other.:)
xx

Thanks you guys :hug99:

I don't know what I'd do without this place! I think I was most upset because for the first time ever, I wasn't yo-yoing about. I found my very old SW book today, and I was up and down so many times, I never lost 3 weeks in a row before. It was always gain, loss, gain, gain, loss - and I really didn't want it to be like that this time. I think I will go back to my books as well, I will be noseying around other diaries too.

Thanks for your advice and hugs, much appreciated and needed. :eek:

No problem - that's what we're here for!!
Just thought of another idea... why don't you do one of the 7 day plans out of the magazine, or the one on the website? It'll help you plan your whole week so you know exactly what you're eating... might be worth giving it a go?
Sometimes back to basics is the best thing to do x

Thursday, 29th July 2010: EE day

Breakfast
Turkey ham sandwich:
2 slices of Nimble wholemeal bread (b)
100g Bernard Matthews wafer thin turkey ham (1 syn)
Sliced cucumber, gherkin and red onion
1 tbsp of onion relish (1 syn)

Lunch
Syn free chips
Baked beans
Eggs fried in frylight

Dinner
Pasta with corned beef sauce:
100g lean corned beef (2 syns)
Passata
1 tbsp Heinz tomato frito (0.5 syns)
Chopped red onion, mushrooms, pepper and courgette
1 chicken cube
Black/white pepper

Served with Broccoli, carrots and corn

Snacks
Walkers baked crisps (5 syns)

Healthy Extras
Wholemeal bread (above)

Drinks
Water
NAS Vimto cordial

Total syns

Last edited:
No problem - that's what we're here for!!
Just thought of another idea... why don't you do one of the 7 day plans out of the magazine, or the one on the website? It'll help you plan your whole week so you know exactly what you're eating... might be worth giving it a go?
Sometimes back to basics is the best thing to do x

I will try and get my hands on a copy of the new mag tonight. There were none at class, and I can't seem to find it in Tesco's. I'm off to their website now.

Hope your feeling brighter today:).
It's a great forum i'm so pleased i found it,it helps so much the recipes,ideas,encouragement,support.
keep smiling:) we will all get there.
:grouphugg:

Hope your feeling brighter today:).
It's a great forum i'm so pleased i found it,it helps so much the recipes,ideas,encouragement,support.
keep smiling:) we will all get there.
:grouphugg:

Thank you :)

Friday, 30th July 2010: EE day

So I made a huge batch of the dinner I had yesterday, totalling 4 syns. Had half yesterday - the remainder will serve as lunch and dinner (I've halved it and will be having it as part of a meal).

Breakfast
Strawberry hi-fi bar (b)

Lunch
Half of leftover dinner from yesterday (1 syn)
2 Boiled eggs

Dinner
Final half of leftover dinner from yesterday (1 syn)
2 Boiled eggs
Baked plantain

Snacks
Walkers baked crisps (5 syns)
1 Jumbo choc snack-a-jack (3 syns)

Healthy Extras
Hi-fi bar (above)

Drinks
Water
NAS Vimto cordial

Total syns

Last edited:
Hiya Christiana, hope you're having a good day. Looks like you're planning really well by stretching your meals out - means you're less likely to look for something naughty to eat!
Well done on keeping your syns down too!

Thank you! Yeah, I'm trying out less syns this week!

Saturday, 31st July 2010: EE day

Breakfast
Strawberry hi-fi bar (b)
2 Jumbo choc snack-a-jacks (6 syns)

Lunch
Boiled potatoes
1 Tesco southern fried chicken fillet (4 syns)
Tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce

Dinner
Baked plantain

Snacks
3 Jumbo choc snack-a-jacks (9 syns)

Healthy Extras
Hi-fi bar (above)

Drinks
Water
Robinsons NAS lemon / apple & blackcurrant squash
NAS Vimto cordial

Total syns

Last edited:
Sunday, 1st August 2010: EE day

Breakfast
Baked plantain
3 Boiled eggs
Mixed veggies

Lunch
Rice with stew (9 syns)
Chicken with skin (3 syns)

Dinner
Boiled pasta
50g Bernard Matthews wafer thin turkey ham (0.5 syns)
Onions and mushrooms
1 tbsp of passata
Mixed veggies

Snacks
3 Shortcake biscuits (7.5 syns)
Strawberry hi-fi bar (b)

Healthy Extras
Hi-fi bar (above) and 250ml SS milk for coffee (a)

Drinks
Water
Robinsons NAS apple & blackcurrant squash
Ribena NAS blackcurrant juice
Coffee

Total syns

Last edited:
Back