Christmas Calories

MadamDotty

Back again!
I've just seen this on another forum.....

"Did you know that the average person consumes a whopping - and quite frankly ludicrous - 6000 calories on Christmas day alone?"

How shocking is that!!!! Glad I won't be doing that this year. No wonder I always put on so much weight at Christmas, plus there's all the extra eating on many other days too.

So if you're SSing, dieting, or just trying to be good - have a low cal Christmas one and all.

Yeah the average mince pie is nearly 300 calories and not 100% protein :) ......to think I used to eat 4 or 5 of them at my desk during the day all through December and not even think about it..... so easy to overeat!!!

I also used to eat loads of marzipan sweets! They can't be good.....

Yeah, Harrods were doing them this year and they looked like real fruit, I managed to just be impressed by them and not actually tuck into them......

Thank god I really loathe marzipan and mincepies. For me it was the chocolate brazil nuts...

This year I think my organic turkey and chicken with lots of veg and not too many roasties will be ok. My issue will be the drink. As we are sans enfant we are really on the lash this year....

Oh yeah Just Brazils!! God I did used to like food......

Feel compelled to share that I have regifted EVERY box of chocolates that I have been given this year so far. It might sound cheap but I've been given sooooo many lovely boxes tthat I can't/shouldn't eat them so the easiest thing is to give them away. You'd be surprised how many forgotten gifts are needed and a posh box of chocs always does the trick!!!! I KNOW I will thank myself later in the year.....

Absolutely!! I went in Hotel Chocolat today to get a present for a work colleague and some of the stuff in there just looks mad! They are doing a solid chocolate christmas log at 35 quid!!

And they were giving out bits of it to taste.....I actually managed to say no!! In fact it was next to Lush which smelt so strong it made me feel a bit sick anyway lol

"Did you know that the average person consumes a whopping - and quite frankly ludicrous - 6000 calories on Christmas day alone?"

6000 cals Christmas Day
6000 cals Boxing Day

12,000 cals for those two main days, instead of the usual 4,000.

As 3,500 cals = 1lb in weight, that's a grand total of 2.5lbs extra for the main celebratory days.

Guess I must have made Christmas last waaayyy longer than 2 days!:eek:

6000 cals Christmas Day
6000 cals Boxing Day

12,000 cals for those two main days, instead of the usual 4,000.

As 3,500 cals = 1lb in weight, that's a grand total of 2.5lbs extra for the main celebratory days.

Guess I must have made Christmas last waaayyy longer than 2 days!:eek:

Yep, that was always my trouble Karion, Christmas eating usually started mid December and carried on right through to the diet starting first week or so (when all the goodies had been eaten) in January. It's no wonder I alway put on so much weight each & every Christmas. In fact my pattern was always to start a diet every January, lose some weight during the year and then pile it all back on (plus a bit more for good luck of course) during Christmas. Those days are GONE!!!!

Back