Christmas Challenge?

Well day four and it seems to be getting harder rather than easier!! However I am determined to stick at it, I just need to imagine how I will feel at Christmas when I have lost the weight...yay!!

Heres to positive thinking...

Hope everyone else is ok, just keep going Christmas really isn't that far off!! Scarey huh, and imagine how you will feel 2 stone lighter in a nice new outfit!!
Jx;)

I'm 2lbs lighter as of last night
smilefac.gif
. Only another 1 stone and 7lbs to go... damn it, when I put it like that it seems a loooong way of! :rolleyes:

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Well done Ness, 2lbs is a great loss!

I'm thinking I might've STS this week. I have no real idea why, just a wee thing in the back of my head saying it! I've stayed within calorie count all week, but last week I upped my calories, as I'd read I was having too little so....

PS Miss Jelly, I'm betting you've lost something! I never weigh after eating anything. Hell, I never weigh after drinking a glass of water :D

Thank you LaLaLou,
You never know, you might have lost anyway. The fact that you weren't taking enough cals on before surely won't affect your weight loss now that you're up to the right amount (ppfft, listen to me talking like I know beep all about anything
headscra.gif
!). I'm going to keep my fingers AND my toes crossed for you. What day do you weigh yourself usually?
I'm sure we'll all be here with emotional support if you do stay the same :)

I'm weigh myself tomorrow morning, fingers crossed they scales have moved the right way!

Ooh I just realised you're from Glasgow, I'm from nearish there too!

North Lanarkshire :eek:! (good grief I'm SO observant! :rolleyes:) Mr Ness is from a wee town near Lanark. Talk about a small world... Well, not so small with all us dieters in it! :p

Is this strange? I weighed on Monday morning @ 179 lb. I haven't had much motivation to workout because it's really hot, but have rode my bike 6 km or about 3mi one day and a 1/2 hr walk another. I always eat healthy food but have eaten considerably less at meals. I decided to weigh again today (I couldn't resist). And I'm down to 174. That's 5lbs in 3 days. No pills or anything like that. I'm not starving myself. Not over excercising. I guess I shouldn't complain, but that seems a little off to me. I guess I shoulda cut out the coffee cream years ago. Lol.

Small world indeed Ness! I think the place my friend is from is quite near Lanark, but I'm awful with geography, so it's possibly not, lol.

I lost 2.5lbs this week, worried for nothing!

Well done all of you sounds as though everyone is doing well and even a pound off is fab, much better than a pound on...lol..
I am only on my 5th day and finding it hard, weigh in is Monday, fingers crossed..

Keep going everyone heres to a very Merry Christmas...Jx

Wow, LaLaLou Well done indeed! I knew you were fearing for no reason, I think that's brilliant that you lost so much! :D

Don't worry Jane, I was struggling last week too but you just feel so much prouder of yourself when you get to the weigh in and know you stuck with it regardless. Keep coming on here and we'll cheer you through it :)

Right, I'm of to assemble lots of Ikea furniture with my mum... because life can't be good all the time:rolleyes:. If I don't return you know I've been locked up for beating mum to death with a piece of MDF! :wave_cry:

I find the weekend the hardest of all, does anyone else? I lose all sense of structure and routine and hubby and I eat out all the time. So I need bags of willpower to get me across the bridge and over to monday, but I shall do it!!!! Good luck to everyone else too! :)

Is this strange? I weighed on Monday morning @ 179 lb. I haven't had much motivation to workout because it's really hot, but have rode my bike 6 km or about 3mi one day and a 1/2 hr walk another. I always eat healthy food but have eaten considerably less at meals. I decided to weigh again today (I couldn't resist). And I'm down to 174. That's 5lbs in 3 days. No pills or anything like that. I'm not starving myself. Not over excercising. I guess I shouldn't complain, but that seems a little off to me. I guess I shoulda cut out the coffee cream years ago. Lol.

Oh wow! That's fantastic well done you :). Is it your first week? I found that I lost alot in the first week. But still I agree without you, 5lb in 3 days is amazing! Keep it up whatever you are doing.

I find the weekend the hardest of all, does anyone else? I lose all sense of structure and routine and hubby and I eat out all the time. So I need bags of willpower to get me across the bridge and over to monday, but I shall do it!!!! Good luck to everyone else too! :)

Oh good grief yes! In fact just an hour ago my 'usually' supportive husband told me to treat myself with fish and chips because it's the weekend!:sigh2: I felt like shaking him. I have zero will power at the best of times but when family use the excuse of 'hey, it's the weekend. Start again on Monday' I feel like braining them.

I'm also obsessed with my Sunday bacon buttie (thank God for turkey rashers and oil spray!) but I'm always tempted to throw the diet away and have the cooked breakfast the rest of the family are having :rolleyes:. I'll just have to suck it up and look out for you on here at the weekends Cuddlepaws :D.

Bless this support forum and all who hide in it! :p

Oh good grief yes! In fact just an hour ago my 'usually' supportive husband told me to treat myself with fish and chips because it's the weekend!:sigh2: I felt like shaking him. I have zero will power at the best of times but when family use the excuse of 'hey, it's the weekend. Start again on Monday' I feel like braining them.

I'm also obsessed with my Sunday bacon buttie (thank God for turkey rashers and oil spray!) but I'm always tempted to throw the diet away and have the cooked breakfast the rest of the family are having :rolleyes:. I'll just have to suck it up and look out for you on here at the weekends Cuddlepaws :D.

Bless this support forum and all who hide in it! :p

Oh I shall be lurking around here on and off trying to be a very good girl, and steering clear of the kitchen and hubby who has just wolfed down a double whopper with fries at the other end of the table. He offered me a chip and if looks could kill !! :mad: When will they ever LEARN! Never offer food (fattening stuff even worse) to a dieting woman who suffers PMT, that's just asking for major trouble! lol

Had 2 boiled eggs and toast tonight, which for me is a light meal, and always get the munchies after 9pm. Sigh I'll chew on a pen and think about my size 12 bottom next year. :)

Hey well done Ness and Cuddlepaws for your strong willpower and resistance..

Today is my sixth day and still going strong, I am looking forward to my weigh in on Monday...

Well done everyone keep going, I am off the the hairdressers to make myself feel even better...

Jx

Glad everyone's going well everyone.

I bloody detest flat pack furniture, or assembling anything of any description to be honest. It always makes me grumpy, and people around me tend to hate me. The last object I built was an exercise bike, it was a workout building the bloody thing!

Thanks for the thanks re: weightloss. V pleased!

Shyane: WELL DONE! 5lbs off in 3 days is unreal! Keep up the great work :D

I'm off to Argos today. I'm dreading it. We had a Wii delivered the other day, and I went slightly mad playing boxing on it (I'm very good at it apparently, it's the only game I'm very good at...wee bit worrying!). All day yesterday, and now today, my back and both arms are killing, so it must've done some good. And I have to bring a bloody heavy bread bin back to Argos. Gah.

The wii can get quite addictive at first lalalou. Most effective for me was the hula hoop. I never really tried much of the boxing, would it really work on my bingo wings d'ya think??? I'll do an hour or two of it if it does! lol

*MOAN GROAN MOAN* Assistance needed... I just know I'm going to screw up my diet today. :break_diet:
I behaved well this morning and just had 2 pieces of bacon on two low fat crumpets (which resembled two soggy old sponges with mildew *GAG* :9529:), then we went out food shopping and I bought lots of veggies and things, got home and had some homemade butternut squash, pepper and carrot soup followed by a large corn on the cob. I was really chuffed with myself because I've been STARVING all damn day... Then my mother calls and informs me that the large corn on the cobs I've been chowing down on for the last week were not in actual fact zero points as she had assured me, but 3.5 (these are some HUGE cobs!):eek: :doh:. I'm raging, every time I was feeling like cheating I helped myself to one of the cobs because they take so long to eat, were healthy and I was assured they didn't affect my diet. 3.5 points!! :banghead: I could have had toast and marg for that, or two WW choc bars, or three packets of WW crisps or... You know what? I could go one all day and I'm sure you get the point. Has my amazing ineptitude ruined my diet for the last time? :gen144:pfft, I'm feeling hard done by now and my family are just tucking into the full Sunday roast I cooked them... I am so tempted. I hate me! :d'oh:

Sorry, sorry pity parade over. This diet lark is getting old! I think I need to eat more and become some insane plus sized model! Right, I'm away to get over myself :rolleyes:

Back