Christmas/New Year Challenge

Thanks muchly, you've made me stop sulking and feeling sorry for myself! It has to be indulged sometimes lol! I'm going to fit in an extra gym session this week and see if that helps. Fingers crossed!

How does everyone think they'll find the party season running up to xmas? I'm thinking I'll find it quite difficult with all the drinking!

The drinking won't be my problem.
Neither will things like tins of Roses, etc. My problem will be the Christmas dinners and mince pies, etc. Its like a magnetic thing, i kid you not. I can't eat like a normal sized meal around christmas, its like "eat til your stuffed or it doesn't count!"

Some serious will power needs to be engaged.

Yeah, there's definitely a tradition of "if you can still move comfortably you've not eaten enough" that goes on with my family at christmas! I might wear something with a really tight waist band to discourage me haha

PLUS....... (you probably already know but) 1lb of muscle is considerably smaller than 1lb of fat therefore you are more likely to notce weight loss in things like clothes when you haven't noticed an actual weight loss, hope that makes sense! Especially more true if you are gyming it!

missal x

*is not gyming it as gyming it is too expensive*

Woe is me, pass the martini.

Maybe i should just whack on music and pretend on my High School Musical or Time of your life or something shameful like that while theres no one else watching.

Haha my nephew is obsessed with high school musical and made me dance to it! Not going to lie, I did enjoy it lol. Won't be long until you notice everything getting looser and it's always a good excuse to treat yourself to something new!

Pathetic as it may sound, but I want to be under 20st before Christmas. I'm 20st 8lb at the moment, and really have hit a plateau. Just can't seem to shift anymore, despite eating like a sparrow.

So.....not setting myself too high a target.

Really need to shift a couple of pounds before I see the surgeon next Friday. Wish I'd had a few rocks in my pockets last time I went now :8855:

Pathetic as it may sound, but I want to be under 20st before Christmas. I'm 20st 8lb at the moment, and really have hit a plateau. Just can't seem to shift anymore, despite eating like a sparrow.

It doesn't sound in the least bit pathetic to me, it sounds brave. It would be easier not to change, not to challenge yourself, not to try. But that is not what you are doing! So good for you.

Good luck getting over the boring old plateau. Remember that if you're eating fewer calories than you're burning then there is simply no way that you won't lose weight eventually, hopefully it will start showing again soon.

Do you think that it is possible to loose 2st in two months safely ? I am going away on the 17 of Jan which is only 8 weeks away. Help :innocent0001:
B

There are a number of diets such as lipotrim and lighter life etc that are total food replacements and claim that you'll lose 1stone a month on them. As far as I am aware they are safe as lots of people do them but I would be concerned that such a rapid weight loss with no emphasis on exercise would just pile back on post holiday x

I really need to lose a stone at least by January 12th for my holiday, I have already lost 20 lbs already by eating healthily but I have been on a plateau for a few weeks, so I've stepped it up and I'm in my first week of SF and am hoping it works. So far so good, I love the Choc Shakes and they fill me up nicely. I Just hope the scales move - even slightly. I would usually be at the gym 3 times a week but I have a horrible cold, so haven't moved much. I hope I can reach my Target.

My Holiday Target - 14 lbs in 7 Weeks - 2lb a week.
My Overall Target - get down to (8 1/2 - 9 Stone)

Lost So Far From April 2008 - 20 lbs - Healthy Eating Only
SF Week 1 -
SF Week 2 -
SF Week 3 -
SF Week 4 -
SF Week 5 -
SF Week 6 -
SF Week 7 -

hmm well im 13 3 ( i think got to weigh again in tescos this afternoon)and wish to weigh 12 3 by xmas...:eek:

How's everyone doing? It seems really quiet on here lately.... I'll waffle on for a bit, well this week for me is totm so I'll probably sts but hey i'm going to try and resist the choc!
Only 5 ib until target then I'll have a new goal, shift the Xmas pounds.... That'll be a good thread.
Well haven't snacked today yet as I've just finished putting up the Christmas tree, only 24 days!
Hope everyones well :0)

Oooh I'm going to jump right in here.

After putting on this week I want to lose 5lb by Monday the 22nd so that by Christmas I am finally under 11 and a half stone...be good to get that monkey off my back!

It seems like it might be a big ask to do another 10lbs, but that would sneak me in at just under a BMI of 25, and I'd be thrilled to be there for the start of the new year. So my goal for December is to lose another 10lbs.

I'm also aiming to get a couple of inches off my rather large waist measurement, but no idea what a realistic expectation there is.

Good luck everyone.

Back