Christmas Poll

Will you be SS over Christmas?

• Yes - sticking 100%

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • No - having Christmas off

Votes: 47 87.0%

• Total voters
hopefully by then i will have reached target and be maintaining, so i intend to take xmas and boxing day off!! and then be careful til new years eve and then drink like a fish!!

I'm not sure what I will be doing this year because I think I will probably be on my own. I might just give in to temptation and eat what I chose and then repair the damage during the week to new year, then eat what I like on new years day and then get stuck into the diet again. It really depends on how well I do until Christmas.
I thin I will decide nearer the time.. I'm lucky in that I dont drink, YUCK! lol. and i'm not that fond of chocolate but I do love great big brimming sandwiches and big dinners..................... omg........ dont go there lol.
Roll on Christmas lol
Lynne x

No im having christmas offc , Im not going to gorg myself with choc etc but i want to enjoy myself with friends ans family.

i had a diet christmas last year ,not a mince pie or a choc tin in the house,i will be finished thank god by christmas (16 month diet total) ,so will be wearing my new size 12 dress i bought for christmas day,and i will be enjoying the festivities so to speak.ha ha

Hi dont really know what to do,am hoping to be within a stone of goal by then,am a little worried about getting back on if I come off as has taken 3 years of trying to actually ss properly again.

Im hopeing I will be at or very near goal by then if not will probably work up plans and do 1000 plan for a week and see how it goes.

I am only looking forward to christmas dinner, I dont care about the spuds or Yorkshires (will be having beef not turkey) but I am so looking forward to meat gravey and veggies. At this point in time I am not interested in mincepies or chockies and I hope I will be sensible and not even try them. I want a good roast dinner, that's what I miss the most and by Christmas I hope I will be maintaining. I hadnt even thought of New year. At the moment I am happy not to have alcohol but if I am out of ketosis by then it should be alright to have a glass or two. I hope introducing foods over Christmas wont upset the apple cart but If it does I will look at my weight and see if I need to do Cambridge for another month. I wont let it slide. I have learnt about my relationship with food over the last 2 months and I know it doesnt solve things and it isnt entertainment! What ever you are doing good luck and have a great time over Chrimble ladies and gents

I am going to have 2 days off SS over christmas so that I can enjoy a christmas dinner. Then i'll be back on SS the day after boxing day.

I'm hoping by christmas that I'll have shifted another 3 stone so I'll only be 3 stone away from my target weight.

xx

I'm hoping to have either got to goal or as near as damn it by then and working up the plans but will not be ss at xmas :)

i`m hoping to have worked my way up the plans by then, maybe sticking to 1500 for xmas. but i`ve told everyone who buys our family chocs not to bother this year.
it`ll be interesting to see who obeys this new rule.
last year my kids had so much choc it was unbelievable

wow i am in a definite minority!!! i am planning to SS over Christmas. i figured i can have a proper Christmas next year as a slim (definitely) and beautiful (maybe) woman!!!! planning to go abroad to the German Christmas Markets next year and sample all the continental goodies!!!! xxx

I've spent the last 4 Christmas's on one diet or another, being good while everyone else digs in to the Christmas treats. So this year I'll be at my goal weight, and I'm not dieting this Christmas. BUT it's not an excuse to run a muck completely. I'll be having Christmas and New Year off but then it's right back to healthy eating again afterwards. xxx

good on you for being able to get to goal in that time surfhunny!

unfortunately i am too far from goal to have a day off. i daren't jinx it!!!

last year we didn't celebrate christmas as my brother died so i'm not overjoyed about it coming round again as it marks the 1 year anniversary of his death. next year though i should be much happier with life as a whole and able to deal with that a bit better x

:hug99:That's really sad. It's going to be a tough time for you and your family, but like you say, you're in a better position to cope with it all. And I've said it before on this thread you have to do what's right for you and if staying on the diet is it then go for it, otherwise you'll feel even worse. Hope you get through it okay. :hug99:xxx

I'm taking some time out but will hopefully settle on one of the other plans for the Christmas fortnight and I'm not going to be silly with the sweets and chocs (well I hope anyway lol)

I have a couple of work things to attend and I want to sit down with the same meals as everyone else even if I dont eat everything.

I'm just looking forward to a nice, social Christmas and then back onto SS after New Year to continue towards my goal.

Well that's my plan at the moment lol

Last edited:
I am not going to be SS at Christmas. My husband has been in Afghanistan for the past 2 Christmases so this year is going to be great. To top it all I will be slimmer than I have been in years :D:D:D

Great question. I ticked SSing, although I'm doing the 810 Plan, as I certainly will not be having Christmas off. Endured enough fat Christmases and there will be plenty more when I am slim. I will stick to the 810 plan and have turkey a veg along with my meal packs. I might have a bubbly on Christmas Day, but foodwise, it is just not worth it for me.

I'm hoping to be well past my goal weight by xmas so will be eating! However I am working 12 hour shifts on xmas eve xmas day and boxing day so won't be having much........hmpf

I'm hoping to be well past my goal weight by xmas so will be eating! However I am working 12 hour shifts on xmas eve xmas day and boxing day so won't be having much........hmpf

Aww 12 hour shifts isn't very fair on Xmas!

Really loving reading these replies and I am getting very excited about my Christmas Dinner!! ha!

I hope to be near goal by then so may be on one of the higher plans. I won't be eating chocolates, pudding etc but I will have a small Christmas lunch with whatever plan I am on the days either side :)

Back