christmas prezzies

LornaGrace

hi, i need a little inspiration please...

at work we are having a secret santa, i need to choose 3 options for my list - which i could probably do - but they need to be £5 and under!!!

I have no idea what to choose, my mind has gone completely blank. what would you choose???

Thanks x

primark have some very pretty little scarves at the mo. ive bought a couple for my friends as christmas pressies. superdrug has a lovely little set of 3 lip balms for £3.99. i got that for myself :D

A nice pair of socks for wearing with boots?

Hair dye, bottle of wine, nice bubble bath, nice soap, or something you would normally buy the cheaper version of (can only think of baked beans as an example) when you would really like the more expensive version but don't want to spend the money, phew.:D

Do you mean you have to list 3 items that you would like off whoever is your SS?

If so, I think that's a bit strange - we've only ever bought something random for whoever we've picked out of a 'hat'. For the same £5 limit, we all knew that it was only really for a giggle rather than particularly useful or coveted.

I'd ask for the fiver tbh....:D

More serious ideas: gloves, scarf, purse, bubble bath stuff, wine, lip care kit sort of thing, a candle? Like a nice scented one!

At my last job when we done secret santa it was always a £10 spend limit, as most nice xmas gift set things are like £7 - £10, £5 doesn't seem like enough to buy something gifty.

At my last job when we done secret santa it was always a £10 spend limit, as most nice xmas gift set things are like £7 - £10, £5 doesn't seem like enough to buy something gifty.

That was my exact thoughts.

Looks like everyone will be off to primark - Im not complaining though! lol. x

Do you mean you have to list 3 items that you would like off whoever is your SS?

If so, I think that's a bit strange - we've only ever bought something random for whoever we've picked out of a 'hat'. For the same £5 limit, we all knew that it was only really for a giggle rather than particularly useful or coveted.

yeah thats correct, iv never hear it done this way before either!

Bubble baths, lotions, candles etc. Some nice sets for £5 in Sainsburys at the moment.

We have to spend £10 and they all go into a sack with numbers on them, then we pick a number out of a hat and that's our pressie. Mine was crap last year though, a pen set! Everyone else got smellies, which I would've preferred. Luck of the drew, I suppose?

We do secret Santa with a budget of £7.50 to give you more chance of getting something nice. We fill out a card with 3 things we want then that becomes the gift tag. When you've got more than 1 mate at work it saves you having to buy presents for all of them which helps your bank balance (plus you get a present you actually want! Win win!) :)

5 things from Poundland? Lol

How about a classic cd from Sainsburys they have classic 50's, 60's, rock and roll, country, etc. Most are £5 I think.

Actually Sainsburys have some nice little kits, I bought my Dort a 'smoky eyes' kit for her birthday and she reckons it's great.

Or a paperback?

I actually like the idea of putting down 3 things you like. I've nearly always received something in a secret santa that makes me wonder if i've even spoken to the person who bought it (a jack daniels gift set one year when i hate the stuff, a grow your own chillis set when i don't have a garden, but do have black fingers).

Back