christmas prezzies

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by LornaGrace, 25 November 2011 Social URL.

1. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi, i need a little inspiration please...

at work we are having a secret santa, i need to choose 3 options for my list - which i could probably do - but they need to be £5 and under!!!

I have no idea what to choose, my mind has gone completely blank. what would you choose???

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    primark have some very pretty little scarves at the mo. ive bought a couple for my friends as christmas pressies. superdrug has a lovely little set of 3 lip balms for £3.99. i got that for myself :D

4. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh that reminds me i did see a really nice scarf in primark! just one more idea needed for my list! Thanks x

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A nice pair of socks for wearing with boots?

Hair dye, bottle of wine, nice bubble bath, nice soap, or something you would normally buy the cheaper version of (can only think of baked beans as an example) when you would really like the more expensive version but don't want to spend the money, phew.:D

6. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you mean you have to list 3 items that you would like off whoever is your SS?

If so, I think that's a bit strange - we've only ever bought something random for whoever we've picked out of a 'hat'. For the same £5 limit, we all knew that it was only really for a giggle rather than particularly useful or coveted.

7. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    I'd ask for the fiver tbh....:D

More serious ideas: gloves, scarf, purse, bubble bath stuff, wine, lip care kit sort of thing, a candle? Like a nice scented one!

At my last job when we done secret santa it was always a £10 spend limit, as most nice xmas gift set things are like £7 - £10, £5 doesn't seem like enough to buy something gifty.

8. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That was my exact thoughts.

Looks like everyone will be off to primark - Im not complaining though! lol. x

9. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yeah thats correct, iv never hear it done this way before either!

10. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Bubble baths, lotions, candles etc. Some nice sets for £5 in Sainsburys at the moment.

We have to spend £10 and they all go into a sack with numbers on them, then we pick a number out of a hat and that's our pressie. Mine was crap last year though, a pen set! Everyone else got smellies, which I would've preferred. Luck of the drew, I suppose?

11. Spookess

Spookess Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    We do secret Santa with a budget of £7.50 to give you more chance of getting something nice. We fill out a card with 3 things we want then that becomes the gift tag. When you've got more than 1 mate at work it saves you having to buy presents for all of them which helps your bank balance (plus you get a present you actually want! Win win!) :)

12. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    5 things from Poundland? Lol

How about a classic cd from Sainsburys they have classic 50's, 60's, rock and roll, country, etc. Most are £5 I think.

Actually Sainsburys have some nice little kits, I bought my Dort a 'smoky eyes' kit for her birthday and she reckons it's great.

Or a paperback?

13. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I actually like the idea of putting down 3 things you like. I've nearly always received something in a secret santa that makes me wonder if i've even spoken to the person who bought it (a jack daniels gift set one year when i hate the stuff, a grow your own chillis set when i don't have a garden, but do have black fingers).

14. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure alot of these pressies ate recycled!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.