Christmas Story

CW Consultant

Gold Member
The snow started to fall and all around was sparkling and glistening like small stars twinkling very magical bringing back happy childhood memories. :p

I sat in the chair in front of the roaring fire the cat and dog were all cosy and snuggly in their baskets feeling safe and warm away from the icy chill outside.:)

Finally, the tree was up and the lights were on. It had been a hard year, but a good one. What would 2007 bring?:rolleyes:

It was three days to Christmas, still a lot to do. I sat looking out at the garden watching the snowflakes fall, slightly dozing in the warmth of the fire. Suddenly there was a loud knock, knock, knock at the door.

I reluctantly got up and opened the door, but there was no one there and there were no foot prints in the snow, how strange I thought, perhaps a dream. I went back to my chair then all of a sudden there was an urgent knocking at the door. My heart was thumping, the dog and cat did not stir which made me wonder if I was losing my mind. Why couldn't they hear it:confused:

I opened the door very slowing and in front of me was.............................

Was it johnny depp, in an ann summers santa posing pouch, equipped with a nice bottle of red, a box of choccies, and dvd's of his finest movies for your viewing pleasure :eek: :p

My little Chuckie Egg how I have missed you, you know me so well:D

However, this time he was not going to feature as he is in the first story thread in Creative Writing here. Boy was that a story.

Anyway as you have introduced the one who should not be mentioned...........

At the door was Johnny Depp grinning

I know its hard to resist tempting your old mate with stories and thoughts of JD.

Nevertheless now you are here lets move this story on and get shot of the pirate and see where we go next:rolleyes:

(ok) .....as the door opened Johnny's face fell, he apologised profusely as he had come to the wrong address, he wished me a merry christmas and turned to leave.

As i watched him walk down the garden path, crunching through the crisp snow, i realised that there was an envelope taped to the front of the door.

On the front of the envelope it said 'to the occupier' in beautifully neat handwriting.

As ui removed the envelope, a sudden gust of wind whipped up the fresh snow, so i quickly returned indoos with the envelope and shut the front door behind me.

When I opened the envelope I noticed a feint smell of citrus and inside was a little pink note.

On the note there was nothing written but I remembered the old "lemon grilling" trick so put the note under the grill for 3 minutes on medium and to my surprise the note read....

...........to read this note place under a hot grill for 3 minutes.

Below that it said...........my one true love where have you been - meet me tonight at the old Oak tree........I have something for you ! ............my heart beat so fast.........should I go ?

yes you should. ...... I thought.
So at 8.30 I crept out across the snow. The moon light danced on the snow and my breath steamed in the frosty air. Silence except from the sound of my own footsteps in the snow. Crunch crunch crunch.

What was that..............? In the distance I could see a dark figure standing at the foot of the oak tree...........

........it was the ghost of robin hood, what was he doing here.....who was he waiting for ?.............I tread slowly my heart pounding so hard in my chest, as I got closer and closer I realised it was not a ghost .....but .........

George Clooney........He swept me into his arms and I.................fainted.
When I came around a small crowd had gathered...........they were singing ..............................?

Incy wincy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini ny timmy mallett are the classics :rolleyes:

George kissed me passionately (with tongue ) :eek: then ran off into the night but from behind me i felt something warm approaching i turned around and there ...........

WAS A WOMAN CARRYING A FLAMING TORCH.....SHE ASKED IF I WAS OK, AND ASKED HOW I HAD GOT THERE. I TOLD HER I WAS STAYING IN THE LOG CABIN UP ON THE HILL.......SHE LET OUT A GASP AND SAID THE CABIN HAD BURNT DOWN YEARS BEFORE AND WAS I SURE IT WAS THE RIGHT ONE. I POINTED UP THE HILL IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CABIN AND................

Back