Christmas

sam01

Hi can I ask what people who have not reached their goal by Christmas plan to do - refeed or stay on TFR?

I'm hoping to reach my pre-xmas goal by the end of the month, then re-feed for a week or 2 in time for xmas, then in January maybe come back on TFR, I might do a week, see what the weight loss is and decide whether to carry on or try something else to get rid of the last stone and a half. I assume the losses decrease a lot the nearer to goal weight I get.

I am refeeding for 2 weeks in December (starting 6th) and enjoying my Christmas.. I will hopefully be sensible (ha ha!!)

I will not be at goal, so i will be back in the New Year

You don't have a lot to lose at all.. Well done x x

I wont be at my end goal by christmas but ill have been on tfr for about 18 weeks inc refeed and should have between 4and 5 stone lost (currently 3stone 4lbs lost) so i doubt ill b coming back after christmas. I should b in the ten stones by then (12stone today) so ill just loose anything else i have to loose on weight watchers. By christmas ill hav d bulk of it shiefted anyway so dont want the thoughts of going through all this again unless i really need to.

Slimmer Sue - I got nearly one and a half to lose before xmas, and the same again after, but I only put my pre-xmas target in the stats as I'm treating it as 2 seperate phases if that makes sense! lol. Know what you mean about being sensible!! I'm going to calorie count big time as I really don't want to undo what I do upto xmas and have an extra half stone or something to lose again - Don't think I can face doing more than a month back on LT in the new year. Your doing really well xx.

Different - yeah the thought of coming back on LT after xmas is tough, your doing really well, hope you don't need to. x

sam! 53lb in two months!!!! Wow!!!! Any tips?? Did you exercise like crazy or what?! I havin been thinkin about xmas too and wondering if anybody sits there with a shake while the rest of the family pig out! Im afraid to stop in case i cant restart, i wont be anywhere near by goal by then :mad:

Hi Jaynie
I haven't done much exercise at all to be honest, I started off briskly walking the dog for half an hour a day for 5 days a week for the first few weeks and this last 2 weeks have upped it to an hour. I have been very concious not to do anything which might increase muscle, which will slow the losses down, although it would lose me inches, as I thought I might get disheartened with it and give up.
I have had one blip - went for a carvery when I hit the 3 stone mark but was straight back on LT the next day, and I plan to go for another one next friday when hopefully I will have lost a further 1.5 stone, then straight back on it until I hit 13 stone and break for xmas. It only has affected me by 1lb, the weigh in after I lost 4lb instead of 5lb.
I have now lost more than my daughter weighs! and by the end should have lost the equivalent of 2 of her! I have trouble picking her up, and I think if I went back to the weight I was when I started now, i'll effectively be walking round carrying her constantly, no wonder I was tired all the time lol

Hi Jaynie
I haven't done much exercise at all to be honest, I started off briskly walking the dog for half an hour a day for 5 days a week for the first few weeks and this last 2 weeks have upped it to an hour. I have been very concious not to do anything which might increase muscle, which will slow the losses down, although it would lose me inches, as I thought I might get disheartened with it and give up.
I have had one blip - went for a carvery when I hit the 3 stone mark but was straight back on LT the next day, and I plan to go for another one next friday when hopefully I will have lost a further 1.5 stone, then straight back on it until I hit 13 stone and break for xmas. It only has affected me by 1lb, the weigh in after I lost 4lb instead of 5lb.
I have now lost more than my daughter weighs! and by the end should have lost the equivalent of 2 of her! I have trouble
picking her up, and I think if I went back to the weight I was when I started now, i'll effectively be walking round carrying her constantly, no wonder I was tired all the time lol

Sam, I shouldn't worry about increasing your muscle mass as though it weighs more than fat it also burns more calories than fat......and is more compact so you'll look a lot thinner!

Ps you're doing brilliantly, I've lost the equivalent weight of both my cats, my OH suggested that I shoved them down my trackies as an indicator of how fat as I was before! There's certainly enough room for them both x

Thanks Sandra, thats worth knowing about the muscle mass. I might have to step up the exercise as I have stopped smoking which apparantly burns about 250 cals a day.
Your doing great too, have you tried it with the cats yet? lol or worried about being scratched, think I would be!

Thanks Sandra, thats worth knowing about the muscle mass. I might have to step up the exercise as I have stopped smoking which apparantly burns about 250 cals a day.
Your doing great too, have you tried it with the cats yet? lol or worried about being scratched, think I would be!

Crikey, giving up smoking too....that's what I call hard work but, thankfully, I've never smoked.

Haven't tried it with the cats, but they're both so soppy that they'd probably let me....when I woke up Dylan (so-named after the Magic Roundabout rabbit) was asleep under my arm under the duvet....ahhhhh, lovely and warm too:D

lol, bless them

hey all i plan on ignoring xmas too. i want to get to goal (about 82lbs more) and dont think i would be strong enough to start tfr again. i think i will manage it and have declined invites to go out to help stay focused. x x x

Brilliant if you can So So, you have much more willpower than me

Just to throw my two cents in I plan on refeeding slowly over a week before Christmas but sticking to two shakes and a small meal that way o can have a small xma dinner and get all the flavors but hopefully keep the weight off and not get out of control with the chocolates etc as I usually do

that sounds like a good idea mega but ive heardthat the maintainance meals are better could try them twice a day im thinking of trying that so will still get my christmas dinner will stay away from the pudding so i can have my tangarines love them at crimbo :)

Back