Christmastime Past - Memories

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
I'm sure we all have memories of Christmas when we were younger I'd like to hear them.

Mine is, I remember when I was about 5 and I moved my bed right up the the bedroom door, so when Father Christmas came in he'd have to move my bed & I'd get to see him. Erm that didn't happen!!! My sister would always go down first & shout back 'he's been'.

I also remember my step mum (passed over now), would make snow balls for the Christmas tree & inside would be a pressie, I've no idea how she made them, they were brill, she was so different than our mum & would make more of an effort to do Christmassey things.

MERRY CHRISTMAS :xmastree::xmassign::xmascheers::4616:

We used to get pjs on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day we got these as presents Happy times

Attachments

• 1418551158357.jpg
    1418551158357.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 1418551167074.jpg
    1418551167074.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 1418551176150.jpg
    1418551176150.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 38
Think I've mentioned this on my diary but I will share it here too.

Every Christmas Eve (it still happens now aged 23 and 27 lol) my brother and I would get new PJ's. My mam and dad would do it in such a way that, when Santa came through the street on his "sleigh" (white transit van with a few decorations lol!) my mam would take us both to the door to see him. My dad would always hang back a little and would leave us each a parcel on the sofa before joining us to wave at Santa. When we went back inside, they'd tell us that one of Santa's Elves must have snook in while we were outside and left us the parcel. We were so convinced that one year we actually thought we saw the "Elf" sneaking out of the back door!

Magical. I love this time of year xx

Awww that's lovely.

At group I was chatting to a woman who each year got new pjs for her children, that the 'elves' would put on their bed. She would go upstairs & should down, 'the elves have been', apparently its a tradition her daughter now does!!!

It's definitely something I would keep up if I have children. A few people I know do it for their kids, and also leave a new bedtime storybook from the "elves" too. Usually Christmassy themed like the Polar Express, etc. I think it's so sweet.

Not long ago we were chatting about Christmas and how it will be so different without my Granda this year. He used to make us laugh so much. One year my mam passed him a present to give to one of us kids (my mam used to buy and wrap us something we'd like and he would give her the money for it). Anyway, he thought she was passing him a present that was for him and opened it himself! He thought it was someone taking the mick when he opened it and it was an SAFC annual (he was a NUFC fan) - only to realise it was addressed to my brother, Joel, and not him at all!! We still laugh about that now, silly sod :)

And paper decorations like these

Attachments

• 1418666803037.jpg
    1418666803037.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1418666811589.jpg
    1418666811589.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 32
Back