chubby bloke's diary

vortigern

Hi Guys,

Started on an alternative version of LT and planning to update you all on it, as it's a bit of an experiment.

Basically, I can't afford LT at the moment, but have protein powders left from my gym days. I've managed to match LT's nutritional values almost exactly at less than half the cost. The question remains as to whether it works though. I'm going to stick to it for two weeks, and update you every day.

I'm not going to let people know the brands of my powders so I'm not accused for advertising!

Starting weight 16st 2lb

here we go....

Day one, had a zero carb protein shake for breakfast with skimmed milk. Less than 200 cals but quite filling as I'm drinking gallons of water too! Have got banana and chocolate flavours, might mix them both up too.

It's nearly 4pm now and not feeling hungry, but been low-carbing for 5 days so think I'm not far off ketosis.

all is well on day two, been out walking in work for the entire day so hunger pangs are only starting to kick in now; time for a pint of water!

my protein powder is mixed with milk and gives me 550 cals per day with two shakes. To this I add a vitamin tablet and as much coffee, tea, water as I want.

Feeling hungry tonight, technically only day two so I know it will get easier. Keep thinking about what I want to eat!!!

Having a pint of water instead, and writing on here to distract myself. I know I want food, but I don't want it as much as I want to be thin. Last time I lost weight, I looked 5 years younger and a lot better. I've noticed from all the before and after photos how much more attractive people look when they've lost weight. I know its unfashionable now to say skinny = attractive, but it's clearly the case otherwise we'd all be happy and fat.

Roll on day three and hope the hunger pangs will be gone by tomorrow. Got a busy day so will be distracted. It's just the nights which are tricky!! Think I'll spread my 500 cals over 4 drinks rather than two tomorrow.

Hurrah, the hunger pangs have gone already. Woke up feeling full of beans today, and only had my shake at 10am as I forgot it! Banana protein powder today with ice and water instead of milk. Cutting the milk drops a hundred cals from the shake, which means I can have another one in the afternoon. I'm measuring everything to the gram in order to hit 500 cals per day.

Feeling better even after three days, and I know I've lost weight already as my clothes feel loose. Running on the beach tonight so that should burn off a bit more fat!

You are doing well......it sure is a good feeling when your clothes get looser.....keep it up....when is your first weigh in ????

first weigh in is on Monday, but I've kinda cheated and checked and I'm down 7lb already

Just been to ASDA to take my mind off food a bit....not really a good idea! I did however buy some mouth wash, a My Little Pony (for my daughter) and some diet IRN BRU.

I know people have different opinions on diet drinks, but I think being knocked out of ketosis rests with the individual. I have certainly found that diet drinks containing aspartame or Citric Acid have no affect on my Ketosis, so I glug away on them as a treat. In all honesty, any change in Ketosis would be merely a stall, as it is physically impossible not to burn fat after being on a VCLD for a while.

Anyways, a pint of water and a can of IRN BRU later and food is the last thing on my mind again. Happy days.

well, first weigh in and I'm down 14lbs, so that's a stone down in the first week. Two people asked if I've lost weight too, so I know this experiment is working!

Every time I feel hungry I just down a pint of water, so my fluid levels are great. I think it's the water that makes the clear difference.

I'm now 20lb off target weight. I'm aiming to do this by 25th July, leaving me 3 weeks to do it from today. That's an average of 7lb a week, which I think is acheivable, especially as I'm starting my exercise regime from tomorrow. Feeling great and looking better, can't believe years of bad eating can be erased within a month of HARD work! Keep it up everyone, we can all get there!

Back