Chunky Dunker To Skinny Dipper

I don't think it was meant to be offensive but if the person it was about had read it then they would have been very upset. I am one of those people who does get self conscious and wonders what slimmer people think of me when I'm out so maybe this particular post touched a nerve with me because it was someone judging someone because of their size. They did say in the post they reprimanded themselves at the time by asking "who am I to judge" but if they felt that bad about it they wouldn't be airing it where other people might take offence to it. Maybe I'm too sensitive but I got very cross. I should say as well it wasn't the person who's diary it was who made the comment it was a subscriber but it amazed me that someone wouldn't see how what they said would be damaging especially as I said before the nature of the forum.

Ah well that is my rant over, better get back to my boring work lol Hope you're good ladies? xx

I don't think it was meant to be offensive but if the person it was about had read it then they would have been very upset. I am one of those people who does get self conscious and wonders what slimmer people think of me when I'm out so maybe this particular post touched a nerve with me because it was someone judging someone because of their size. They did say in the post they reprimanded themselves at the time by asking "who am I to judge" but if they felt that bad about it they wouldn't be airing it where other people might take offence to it. Maybe I'm too sensitive but I got very cross. I should say as well it wasn't the person who's diary it was who made the comment it was a subscriber but it amazed me that someone wouldn't see how what they said would be damaging especially as I said before the nature of the forum.

Ah well that is my rant over, better get back to my boring work lol Hope you're good ladies? xx

I know exactly what and whom you mean...the whole post got to me a little. :( It brought up some sad memories of being judged myself. I don't think she meant any harm. People just don't quite understand the torment that strangers views inflict on others.

I know exactly what and whom you mean...the whole post got to me a little. :( It brought up some sad memories of being judged myself. I don't think she meant any harm. People just don't quite understand the torment that strangers views inflict on others.

Aww charl I hope you don't think I was having a go at you and I kept quiet on your diary because I really don't think she meant offence but I had to have my rant cos it made me mad and confused me that she wouldn't see how it could come across :( xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww charl I hope you don't think I was having a go at you and I kept quiet on your diary because I really don't think she meant offence but I had to have my rant cos it made me mad and confused me that she wouldn't see how it could come across :( xx

Don't be daft, it upset me too, but the paragraph above upset me more and rang some bells, and also what she said about the lady in the dinner line.

I know what people might be thinking about me when they have to sit next to me on a train for example, I try and minimise myself the best way I can, but you still wonder what they think - and when I am in the gym, do the fit guys and gals think "good on yer girl, keep going" or think "lost cause!".

I know you wasn't having a go at me, but it made me feel really sad when I read your post earlier, I knew exactly who you meant.

I did respond and I tried to be diplomatic. As I said, I don't think she meant to be mean about it, she was just being honest about how she judged someone. I guess we all judge in some capacity or another in life, but all comments on weight-related usually strike a nerve with me, like on TV if someone cracks a joke about someone overweight in show business, I always hate it and I always take it personally. People in all areas of prejudices get pre-judged, I guess it is a fact of life....but you are right, its not right to say these things on a weight loss website.

xxx

I think it touched a nerve because I worry about all those things and look at chairs wondering if I'll fit into them/break them and am the first to crack a joke about my weight to get in first but I've become fairly thick skinned. I just hope nobody new to the forums saw it and thought oh dear I'm not even safe here where others are struggling with their weight. I'm glad you know I wasn't having a go at you though hun and not really at the person who wrote the comment just the shock that it was so tactless but I don't think she meant to upset anyone either xx

Thanks Pippa that means a lot and I appreciate you saying what you did :) xx

Morning welshy u causing riots lol ? Il have a nosey later, hope u have a fab day on plan x x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yep it looks that way hun lol just heading on over to catch up on your diary. Hope you've been a good girl? Xx

Keep forgetting to update the actual food part on here. D'oh! Yesterdays food....

Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal (hexb and 4 syns) toast with laughing cow light triangles (didn't use all 5 for my hea swapped the other 3 for a few dashes of milk for my tea) and a banana

Lunch - Pasta with a Philly light sauce (3syns) mushrooms and spring onions

Dinner - Boiled rice and Chicken Korma made with curry powder, 0% fat natural yoghurt, muller greek style coconut yoghurt (0.5 syns) mixed peppers, onions and mushrooms

Snack - French Fries (4 syns)

11.5 syns in total and 4.5 litres of water/nas squash

I've been so bad with catching up with diaries the last few days!
Your food looks great, you always make me want french fries, haven't had them in years! :D
X

How spooky I was just snooping on your diary while you were here. Are you watching me? lol

I love crisps they are my one true love and my flipping dieting nemesis. I cannot resist them and they happen to have the nicest flavour for the low syn ones so I eat a packet every day. I can't live without crisps they complete me without sounding at all dramatic ;) x

How spooky I was just snooping on your diary while you were here. Are you watching me? lol

I love crisps they are my one true love and my flipping dieting nemesis. I cannot resist them and they happen to have the nicest flavour for the low syn ones so I eat a packet every day. I can't live without crisps they complete me without sounding at all dramatic ;) x

Stalk, stalk, stalk, stalk :)
Mine too, I've had to rid the house of them or I could gobble all of them at once, I'm quite partial to a bag of space raiders on SW though, 3.5 Syns, though I was bad the other day and had a bag of Doritos...god knows how many are in them!
X

I love Doritos and had a massive bag on the weekend chased by Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup. Haven't looked at the syns for either because I'm too scared. My Saturday night was filled with awful food choices but it was movie night with my sister and it had to be done xx

I love Doritos and had a massive bag on the weekend chased by Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup. Haven't looked at the syns for either because I'm too scared. My Saturday night was filled with awful food choices but it was movie night with my sister and it had to be done xx

A girls got to do what a girls got to do:D

Hi Hun, how are you doing? You've not updated in a while, hope the Doritos didn't do too much damage! :)
XxX

Hey hun. No damage had a sts last week just been busy and mulling a few things over. Not sure if I'm gonna quit sw and go back to ww. Been lurking here just not had anything useful to update. I'm in a funk :/ xx

Hey hun. No damage had a sts last week just been busy and mulling a few things over. Not sure if I'm gonna quit sw and go back to ww. Been lurking here just not had anything useful to update. I'm in a funk :/ xx

Oh how come Sweet? I'll stick around no matter what diet you choose to stick to. Hope you're alright.
XxX

I'm ok just wedding decisions to make, slow losses and little things bugging me. Think I just need a good girly night out and I'll be right. Thinking I'll see how sw goes to the end of the month then decide properly about ww. Everything ok with you? Xx

I'm ok just wedding decisions to make, slow losses and little things bugging me. Think I just need a good girly night out and I'll be right. Thinking I'll see how sw goes to the end of the month then decide properly about ww. Everything ok with you? Xx

I can totally empathize with the slow losses getting you down - I think all of us have been there at some stage, but I think it depends what you're looking for with your diet at the moment, if you want steady where you can eat and change permanently I'd stick with SW, but if you have a deadline then maybe do try something else. I've got my deadline for USA, so am mixing SW with calorie counting/ more exercise than I'll ever do again in my life, but once i get back I'll get back on SW properly. What is it you're after with it?
XxX

Back