Claire Bear's shrinking mission

Good luck hun! :) Will they be relatively healthy things? Ie salad/chicken etc that you can still get a plateful of but it still be better choices than what it could be?

Not going till the 11th sept, so time to prepare myself. If I was in my own, I'd just hold back and not worry, but I'm going with a couple of good friends from work. Who are really excited about having a night out, and they'll be want to drink quite a bit. I've totally abstained from alcohol so far, so perhaps by then I will have earns a few glasses of wine?!

I've been so busy at work, only had time for my morning shake and got to my meal bar at 3pm, had a banana on the bus in the way home at 7pm, then had hairy bikers sticky chicken with chips for tea. way under my calorie allowance, but I'm feeling full so really don't want to eat any more today.

weighing in tomorrow, cos I think sat mornings will be easier rather than a rush on Monday mornings. Fingers crossed!! Had a sneaky peek yesterday, and I think I've lost. Keep having these weird doubts that despite sticking to the plan, I'm not going to have lost anything.

going to chose a colour for the bathroom this weekend and then do the painting next weekend.

I think a few glasses of wine are definitely allowed! ;)

I go back to uni in Sept and there will be a couple of weeks where I probably drink quite a bit - think I am going to try and go to the gym daily to offset the cals.:p

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow!! xx

YAY 6lbs lost. Really happy. Now in the 25st bracket, which may still seem incredibly overweight to most, but to me feels GREAT.

just been sitting and going through meal plans with my lovely boyfriend. More hairy biker diet recipes this week for us. :)

had my shake, will take A banana out with me this morning for a snack whilst I tackle the grocery shopping, meal bar for lunch, probably a pretzel snack in the afternoon, then having roast lamb for dinner. Going to go the same way I did with the roast last weekend and allow myself a few slices of meat, LOADs of bisto gravy and then Try to fill my plate with green veg and avoid the roasted veg, or just 1 roast potato. Worked last week, I was stuffed!! But think it was within 800-900 calories

Feeling like I can really DO this

Thanks guys!! Feel so pleased. I have really stuck to the plan, I'm sure there will be bumps along the way, but feeling really good at the moment.

Slim fast seems to suit me, cos I have to stick to the rules!! Had a but of lunch envy today cos I'm at home with the boyfriend and he was eating a yummy lookinG sandwich, and I was stuck with my meal bar, but it's was fine really. A big part if my problem is eyes bigger than my stomach (aka GREEDY BEAR) so when i think about only having a meal bar, or a shake, i always think I'll be hungry afterwards, but actually if I eat slowly and make sure my fluid levels are topped up regularly I'm feel pretty satisfied after every meal and snack.

dont want to lose weight TOO quickly, because I want this to be a sustainable, Long term journey, but just going to go with it at the moment. I think when you're as overweight as I am it will come over quicker anyway, at least to begin with,,,

Hi Bear, reading your thread wanted to say well done, what a great achievement so far. ;) Carole xx

Managed a great roast dinner last night. allowed myself 140g of roast lamb, and 2 small roast potatoes then had a whole pile of asparagus, cabbage and green beans all drowned in bisto gravy and mint sauce. YUM comes in around 700 calories.

today I've had my shake, a banana for a snack and Chocolate meal bar for lunch. Went out and did about an hour of gardening, lots of pruning and mowed the grass.

will have a snack this afternoon, then am making hairy dieters spicy pork and rice for dinner.

Thanks Pinky,

I set my goal mis August to lose four stone by christmas, and I'm in my way!! made a hood start, but that'll give me some wiggle room when the weight loss slows up.

Overall I'm actually aiming to be under 20 st (total 7 stone loss) by March 21st 2015 which is when I fly to. Mexico for a holiday. Tall order, and if I don't quite make it I won't be surprised, but if I can get anywhere close to that I will be the happiest girl in the Caribbean !! And I read once that those who aim higher, achieve more. so here I go!!!

Thanks Pinky,

I set my goal mis August to lose four stone by christmas, and I'm in my way!! made a hood start, but that'll give me some wiggle room when the weight loss slows up.

Overall I'm actually aiming to be under 20 st (total 7 stone loss) by March 21st 2015 which is when I fly to. Mexico for a holiday. Tall order, and if I don't quite make it I won't be surprised, but if I can get anywhere close to that I will be the happiest girl in the Caribbean !! And I read once that those who aim higher, achieve more. so here I go!!!

That's actually a realistic goal! You've got 82 lbs to lose in 28 weeks! It's less than 3lb a week! And the rate you're going, another few big losses and you'll crack it! Us bigger people tend to lose a bit quicker xx I'll join you In a '6 month challenge' if you want xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

thanks for the vote of confidence Jojo :) and yes your so right, I hadn't worked it out like that, but 3lbs a week should be achievable.

Im in the christmas weight loss goal thread, are you in there? I think once christmas is done, I'll set the for whatever I have left to aim for 20st by March 21st... But yes, some more big losses will keep me going and would be great to stick together on this journey :)

From the one time before when I lost a lot of weight (5 stone) I was able to maintain around 6lbs a week for the first couple of months, then I plateaued and fell off the wagon. It has taken me about 5 years to out those 5 stone back in again... *sigh* this time I've hit lots of ideas for maintenance when I get there...

Just made made spicy pork and rice from the hairy dieters book. actually stuck to 1 portion, as per the book, plus a big heap of asparagus and broccoli, and was really stuffed afterwards :)

I've just had a look at the christmas thread, I think I'll join in once I've weighed tomorrow and worked out what I think I can achieve by christmas.

That Hairy Bikers recipe looks interesting, with one or two amendments I could make that free on Slimming World :drool:

It definitely very filling!! Which is really important for me to feel full up :)

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, and look forward to seeing you in the christmas thread x

Starting to feel my trousers are a bit looser. I LOVE this feeling, and makes me want to stick to this for the long run.

Had a strawberry shake for breakfast, an apple late morning, meal bar for lunch and banana in the car on the way home.
planning to cook chicken fajitas for dinner, There is a recipe for them in the hairy dieters book. bought some of the smaller tortillas (we used to have the big ones) and need to figure out portion size, so going to divide up the meat carefully so I don't go overboard. also decided I will still use the old El Paso spice mix, instead of following the hairy dieters one, there aren't many calories in the spices so figure it won't make a difference. have got creme Fraiche instead of soured cream and need to use that sparingly. Looking forward to it :)

Starting to feel my trousers are a bit looser. I LOVE this feeling, and makes me want to stick to this for the long run.

I love that feeling as well. For me that's even better that the weigh ins. I think my major milestones will be when I fit into certain clothes that haven't fit me for ages. I've got a black t shirt that I used to wear after I lost weight in 2008. It's nothing special but I used to feel good in it because I'd got my weight down to below 18st. I pondered chucking it out a while back, thinking it would never fit again, but I'm glad I didn't. I'll be over the moon when that fits me again.

Sometimes I think we should pay more attention to how we feel in our clothes than what the scales say.

Overall I'm actually aiming to be under 20 st (total 7 stone loss) by March 21st 2015 which is when I fly to. Mexico for a holiday.

Hi Claire, we are the same! I want to be under 20 stone (total 5 stone 3lb loss) by the day I go on holiday on 2nd April! Your goal is a bit more ambitious: more weight in less time.

I hope your trousers fall down soon!

Helena

Lol, thanks. Helena! nice to feel I have some company on this journey.

Had a really crappy day at work today, colleague being generally shitty and feeling like everything is getting in top of me. Only so many hours in the day and don't want my job to take over my life, like it has done in the past. all made better by coming home and having a big long cuddle with my boyfriend and a little sob on his shoulder!

Good day again today diet wise though, shake for breakfast, apple mid morning meal bar for lunch, banana in the afternoon and snack bar on the bus on the way home. had a pizza express la seine pizza (600 cals) and salad for tea. The more of these diary entries I do, the more I realise what a lemming I am, having the same thing day after day,. Creature of habit or what!! Just need to stay in this little rut of mine, and hopefully watch the weight coming off.

Lots of colleagues at work tagging on to the fact I am on a diet, and of course EVERYONE has an opinion on slimfast. Really not what I need at the moment, so trying to keep my head down and get on with it. Hate talking about weight stuff with friends and colleagues, just want to get on with it.

Back