Claire Richards

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
Slave to food starts 9pm 7th sept, looks good as most of us struggle just like her. Have set my sky+ to get all 3 episodes.

Ta muchly - I'm on the lookout for these kinda programs. I don't normally watch much tv but when I'm back on plan I can't get enough health/diet shows - been watching supersize vs superskinny on 4od and got bits of biggest loser shows recorded from ages ago.

Is there anything else on currently that's any good?

I will sky plus! Husband was complaining yesterday about how many biggest losers there are on our planner!

So what did everyone think?

She said she's tried SW but I wonder if she stuck to it?

I hope in the next couple of programmes she gets sorted as I'm sure she's not very happy.

Anyway, I really liked her so am rooting for her :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ive just watched it i was horrified at the editors comments 'if she was overwieght we wouldnt do the shoot cos readers maybe horrified'....in fact i think it shows claire is like the average woman i think she looks fab!....i wonder if she would change her tune if she asked the readers what would make them read their magazine cos i know i would over the size zeros commotion we see plastered on the front page.

I know that claire could have said no to the contract in fairness but like she said if she has a goal/motivation a need to lose weight she can do it.

Ill be tuning in next week well week after on sky+ as im away....no doubt ill be like claire on holiday i cant resist either but i can try :)

I thought she was beautiful and funny and had GREAT skin! She seems to not take weight loss seriously though, I suspect that's a big part of the problem - just losing weight for her career and not just because she wants it for herself. I look forward to the next episode, I'm curious to see if she'll get to the bottom of her emotional eating and "fix" it.

I have mixed feelings to be honest. I felt it was a bit exploitative, both the magazine paying for her to lose the weight (was that made clear in the final article?) and the television show. It was uncomfortable viewing as she was clearly struggling with deep rooted psychological problems.

But on the other hand I wanted to give her a slap. It's clear as day what's going on - her GP hit it on the head but she didn't want to listen. Much easier to go from one quack to another but then that makes for more interesting viewing (cynical? moi?).

She diets on demand or to meet a deadline but never makes any real effort to make changes to her lifestyle. As soon as the deadline or magazine article passes she immediately puts aside all the healthy behaviours. She seemed very self-absorbed although that may just be to do with the programme format. But what impact is all this having on her children? What message is she giving them? I was furious when she asked her son if he thought she was fat, and he got upset after saying yes. How dare you put your issues onto your child. :mad:

I will not be watching again next time. :(

Yeah it seems like she'll only take weight loss seriously if she has a reason - in a band, wedding, photo shoot (and therefore pay cheque). There must be something mire substantial behind this. Perhaps when she was told to lose weight to get into steps? She obviously has a big reason now as Steps have reformed!
Anyway, whenever I read/see celebs with a fab weight loss I get suspicious as I know I could probably lose weight like that if I was given a full time trainer/ nutritionist and a large pay cheque upon reaching target. But would I keep it off after. Er nope!
There's a great episode of The Simpsons to illustrate this :)

I watched it. Agree with Patchwork Puss that it was a bit exploitative. But, I guess it was her choice to do the show...
I feel sorry for her because she seems like a lovely lovely person, and she is lucky to have a lovely hubby and children- but she clearly has issues which are causing her a great deal of unhappiness- she's stuck in this horrid vicious circle of lose weight, struggle, put weight on, become depressed about weight, lose weight, struggle...etc etc. But thrown in is the money factor.
What she doesn't consider is the actual HEALTH benefit of being a normal weight, consistently. It's great that she lost the weight, and equally I can understand why she didn't want to stay a size 8 or whatever- she said she was unhappy. But everything to do with her weight was career driven- it didn't seem like she was doing it for her own benefit, health or otherwise.

And people like that irritate me, becasue they aren't serious about losing weight- the charcoal diet did it for me, that sort of thing says it all. That is a sign that people just don't want to accept their issues with food, or frankly don't care enough to really change..

Is that harsh? :( I feel like I have kinda layed into her a bit...

Its funny how different people see the same thing. I actua;yl thpought her husband was not at all supportive. Quoting baby got back at her was particuarly insensitive, as was pointing out someone else on the same mag who was better looking when she clearly was in need some reassurance.

Above all, she just really annoyed me. Its not fecking rocket science. Just don't eat quite so much rubbish luv and you won't put on weight. Even when I was at my heaviest you would never have seen me at a buffett eating ribs, pizza, chips & curry in one meal.

She doesn't need a diet - she needs a shrink.

Don't think I will be watching again

Its funny how different people see the same thing. I actua;yl thpought her husband was not at all supportive. Quoting baby got back at her was particuarly insensitive, as was pointing out someone else on the same mag who was better looking when she clearly was in need some reassurance.

Above all, she just really annoyed me. Its not fecking rocket science. Just don't eat quite so much rubbish luv and you won't put on weight. Even when I was at my heaviest you would never have seen me at a buffett eating ribs, pizza, chips & curry in one meal.

I know what you mean about her husband- I thought he was supportive in that he says to her that she looks gorgeous, and actually i'm not sure how much he really cared about her size/weight- if anything he was just fed up with it.
But I know what you mean, sometimes he wasn't very reassuring- like when he was admiring that other woman in the magazine- I know it 'doesn't mean anything' to him, but to someone who is very body concious, it's going to make them even MORE body concious!

kingleds said:

Totally agree about the husband AND about her needing a shrink! I've had bad days prior to SW but never ate like that either. I think a lot of damage (mentally) was done when she 'had' to lose weight to join steps. So she now associates success or reward with diet and if there is no reward in sight she's allowed to go mental with food.

Her husband was not very supportive - when you're trying to lose weight (however stupidly) to be told nah sod it just have some cake luv I like you big is NOT supportive.

I agree with others that her husband was not particularly supportive. To me, he seemed bored by her insecurities and her food/weight issues. I am a healthy weight but have a naturally curvy bum which I hate and I would be upset if my OH sang Baby Got Back behind me like he did to her!

She clearly hasn't tackled the underlying problems and learned how to change her habits - I love food but the amount of food she got from that drive thru was unbelievable!

I'm dying to watch this now!

Its on skyliving,

I think its repeated on fri morn at 1am....could be 12 as i originally planned to record it on skyliving+1 i think so it doesnt clash with another programme bt managed to watch it last night x

Back