Claire Richards

I watched it. I liked her, enjoyed the programme. She has really deep seated food issues and I was quite taken aback by home quickly and dramatically she would go from dieting to binging.

I thought the charcoal thing was completely nonsensical and I didn't understand why she entertained the idea (perhaps told by the production company that she was to do it?!)

Her husband was loving, that was obviously but he seemed to be quick to encourage her to eat whatever she wanted. I felt lucky to have my husband who will get me to stop and think before I go off the rails with food, and who loved me how I was before but supports me to get to my goal.

Also she seemed to only be able to do it when under pressure and I didn't feel like any of her losses were 'for her'.

I'll be watching with interest, I could relate to some of it, the love of food etc.

I will sky plus! Husband was complaining yesterday about how many biggest losers there are on our planner!
hahaha same, my brothers whinge that I take up all the recording room with The Australia, American and UK versions all sky plused! x

Lol! Husband hates it, my planner is just various seasons of bl, other weight loss shows like slave to food, the odd film & medical programmes!

will give it a go

I have just watched this and KNEW there would be a thread on here to talk about it!

I really liked her in the show she did about shrinking for her wedding, she came across as just a lovely inspirational person. With this show i'm not so sure. She seemed a little bit silly, if that makes sense. When i was at my biggest i would have binges, but i wouldnt tell a soul and would even lie to myself about them if i could. The scene when she was at burger king i just found a bit odd! It was like she was showing off with a "look at how naughty i can be!"

Her husband seemed to send her mixed messages, one minute telling her she was beautiful no matter what and the next playfully making fun of her size. I think that is bound to mess with your diet head.

I will be watching again, and i truly hope that she can get to a stage where she is happy. So much of what she said rang true, but i think she doesn't believe what she is saying yet, and until she decides to loose the weight for her and not for work or money i dont think she will ever break her yoyo-ing!

:)

If people don't have access to this programme on sky or sky+ etc someone has uploaded it (in four parts) on YouTube - just search the full programme title and think posters called something like stepsfan4ever :)

She is a classic starver-binger. One extreme or the other. And being in showbusiness, where appearance is all, has made her chaotic behaviour around food even worse.

It's a shame that she is now famous for being the thin girl that got fat, and not for anything she may or may not have achieved as a singer. But once they start to live their lives in the public eye they seem to go on to do everything in that glaring spotlight. It's like they don't truly live unless they are being photographed, filmed, interviewed, followed around.

She does seem to need proper help with her food and weight issues. But her compulsive overeating is not new to many on this site. Nor is the sheer quantity she can eat. Many of us have been where she is now. It's scary. I hope she gets genuine, practical help. Being held up as the once-beautiful, now sadly let-herself-go poster girl is not going to help her at all.

i watched this last night. And i saw so many comparisons to myself, in the whole mentality sense of it. i mean i often say, this is my last treat, then i am going to be good tomorrow. I thought her husband was a bit of a pig going on about Claire's come to bed eyes. i would have poked him in his eyes and told him, that he wasnt all that too. Good show, interesting.

It did annoy me that fat or thin she looks miles better than me!
Was anyone else urging her not to read the comments on the website?
Didn't like her husband. Some of the teasing was quite cruel and when he took his shirt off he had moobs! Like he can talk!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Sassia said:
It did annoy me that fat or thin she looks miles better than me!
Was anyone else urging her not to read the comments on the website?
Didn't like her husband. Some of the teasing was quite cruel and when he took his shirt off he had moobs! Like he can talk!

Yes! I was! I really felt for her then, people posting on the website obviously forgot that she's a living, breathing, feeling human being. I bet at times being in the public eye is just awful. I hope she kept sight of these people not knowing her & their opinions not counting.

But she has to be used to people being jealous and saying mean things, but at the same time it must burn her.

I don't think you ever get used to people saying hurtful things about your looks.

I really liked her in the show following her to her wedding, but feel that there's too much of this that's staged. As a binger, I couldnt see myself ordering all that on the camera, even the order of food seemed strange - burgers, chips then pancakes and whatever, then onion rings. I think she's playing to the cameras a bit, but very troubled girl. Dunno how much this will help her in her journey. Hope she finds some contentedness in herself.

Back