ClaireCat: The Art of Self Sabotage

Yeah you're probably right. The calorie content is about twice the amount of everything else.

I feel awful. Going with a mixture of the cold/flu, and I feel quite sick and light headed. And my heads thumping. Really tired too.

Feel really sick. Is that a side effect, or am I just close to death?!

Not sure how I feel this morning. my body isnt used to being awake at this time lol! Those 4 days off were lovely, damn work. *shakes fist in the air*

Def got the cold, thats a certainty. Drinking a wee tetra and a glass of water for breakie. Will probably feel rotten in a couple of hours - hope not, but not holding my breath.

As long as i feel better than i did yesterday then I'm onto a winner! :D

Hope everyone has a good day!

Aww poor thing! Last thing you need when starting this is a damn cold lol.
But on the plus side maybe it would help stop you feeling hungry?!
When I was on anti-biotics it didn't affect my weight loss so don't worry about taking anything you need.

It's my second day back and it still hurts getting up early again!

Well, weird thing happened today.

I had a shake for breakfast at 8am and managed to make it til lunch at 12pm without starving to death! YAY!!! :p

Funnily enough, I dont really feel particularly hungry either, and I feel much better than I did yesterday - no immediate feeling of death today. Having veg soup, which isnt actually too bad - dare I say, nice.
Granted I'm drinking about 1/3 of the sachet in a mug of water because I can stand the thick powdery texture it has otherwise, so I wreckon I can have another two cups of it before I finish tonight.

Wondering if I should maybe change to SS+ next week because, the last two days of my 200kal meal has made me feel really hungry after I've eaten it. Is that normal or will it pass? Cant believe eating real food makes me hungry once I've finished it.

Got my motivation head on today - thinking thin! :)

Thats brilliant news hunni, maybe you're in ketosis already!?
I started on 810 plus and changed myself to SS for for the same reason, I wasn't hungry until I ate then I wanted to keep on eating. But I could easily go with just the 3 shakes and no meals after one week of 810 so I think you will be fine! Your BMI is low enough to go onto it anyway isn't it? Why did you start on 810 was it your choice or your CDC?
My CDC didn't want me to go on SS because of my BMI but I knew what was best for me and it's definitely SS, what do you think?
You have 4 shakes because of your height right?

carbs will make you feel hungry. what are you having for your meal?

are you on 810, btw?

Yeah im on step 2 (810). I cant cope without cups of tea with milk, so it was a choice between SS+ or Step 2. My CDC thought step 2 might be better to start with incase I couldnt cope with not having something "real" to eat.

Im 5' 10" so I'd need 4 sachets a day on SS+? Cant remember without checking the book.

Meal wise, I had stir fried chicken with cabbage on Monday - bit of garlic, pepper, 1/4 of a stock cube.

Yesterday I had chicken and broccoli curry (madras curry powder, garlic, 1/4 stock cube, pepper and water for the sauce).

Pretty much atkins but minus the fat, so cant have been many carbs in it. I think the feeling of chewing made me want to keep doing it.

I'm a bit of a binger - when I start eating I find it quite hard to stop until I feel physically sick! Hene my fat arse! haha! :p

Oh, and BMI wise, I'm about 32/33. What do you think? I'll see how it goes the rest of the week.

Definitly decided to stick at it. I've finally got over the porridge trauma. Hey, look at that, I said porridge and didnt feel queasy! WOO!!!

you could do SS+ with real food (3 packs plus a tiny meal).

also - try cutting out the garlic. we aren't allowed any members of the onion family as they have higher carbs than most veg.

It was powdered garlic, is that just as bad? Damn. I like garlic. :/

I was thinking SS+ with the milk for my tea?

Also Garlic makes you hungrier ;)
Learnt that when I used to have a fish tank o_O, you put liquid garlic in the tank to make the fish hungrier or something!

Really wondered where u were going there when u said you leanred that from having a fish tank. Granted the answer was in the other half of the sentence, but I did pause briefly and think "wtf?" lol!

I was going to leave it at that then when I read it back it sounded very strange so I thought I better explain a little bit! lol

Day 4#

Not even hungry. I never thought i'd say this, but, real food is a bit of an inconvenience! And I definitly think eating real food makes me hungrier. I think it must be the whole chewing thing.

I'm debating doing SS+ for sure next week so I can have my cups of tea with milk, but I dont think I could actually eat 4 packs a day (I'm 5' 10") so not sure.

Guess I could always just say I'm having a meal so my CDC doesnt moan at me?!

Maybe if you only have 3 packs plus your milk it will balance out abit? You only need 3 packs for the vitamins so you should be ok, or you there's loads of recipes on here you can try if you have a 4th pack to use. You can make crisps, muffins, chocolates, biscuits, icecream, pate, veggie burgers, there's loads!

I did have a nosey at the crisps, they sounded interesting. I've tried making muffins before with whey protein and I didnt much care for them, so I'll probably give them a miss!

Made the mistake of telling a work collegue, about 2mins ago, how well my diet is going so far. In between all the sighing, I'm guessing she isnt impressed.

Dont really care. She's killing herself with 100cal a day and endless hours in the gym and losing the odd lb a week, then putting it back on a couple of weeks later.

I'm going to be thin and they're all still going to be plumpers! Fukn collegues. Pfft.

Crisps are GORGEOUS, I've only made them from the chicken soup but they are heavenly, or at least I think so lol. I'm not suppose to have em cos I'm only on 3 packs a day but I still do it as a treat now and again.

Your colleges sound.... lovely ¬_¬

You don't need people like that, you WILL be losing the weight and quicker than most other diets. The only reason she is so against it is pure ignorance, she probably has no clue how the diet works. Although you're eating less now you are getting more vitamins than you were before by far, to get 100% of everything every day is near on impossible to do with food, especially keeping it low cal! And you are no more likely to put weight on after this diet than any other one, its all about will power x

On a side note. I know I am def in ketosis. Got a period today.
Ketosis always does that to me. So I suppose thats a good thing, although it certainly doesnt feel like it.

Hoping its not a constant totm. Damn my stupid body!!!!

Wasn't sure whether to click like on that post or not LOL.
It is strange how it affects some people, I stay quite regular on it and it doesn't seem to do anything to me.
Hopefully you are past the hunger cravings enough that you won't feel too bingey now you've come on?

Yeah, I'm doing ok. Although the whole office smells of toast now its lunchtime (toast is a major downfall for me - I love anything with bread!) and we're now sitting discussing steak. My absolute favourite thing to eat. I love steak.

Damn it I want steak.

Lol! I know what you mean about toast... just the smell of it, damn lol.
Just remember you can have steak in moderation when you have lost the weight, you're not saying no to food you're just saying 'not yet' ;)

Back