ClaireCat: The Art of Self Sabotage

hey just reAd through, glad you didn't give up when you didn't like the soups or porridge :)

and like someone said, you might wanna try the things you don't like.. I hate bananas and I don't like anything banana flavoured but when my CDC was out of Choc tetra I had to get the Banana one instead and now I still love it!

Hmm.... Maybe i can buy one of each while im there and try them before I leave? Would she let me do that do u think?

On a side note, im hungry now... damn. Ages til I can get home and have something else!

All this talk of toast and steak lol! Hang in there doll, keep drinking your water to bloat yourself out.

Leaning on my bottle of volvic as we speak! Only managed a litre of water so far today, and had 3 cups of tea. Sick to death of drinking water already, and I love water!

Your daily intake still counts from your tea tho doesn't it? If so you will sail past :D
Learnt the hard way to keep my water intake up when I had a rubbish loss one week :(

Have you tried warm water for a bit of variety? It's lovely, espcially with a slice of lemon but we're not allowed that :sigh:

Ah yes, lemon, *sigh* lol!

perhaps some boiled diet lemonade watered down?

You could have small amounts of diet lemonade as long as it used sucralose and not aspartame. The only ones I've found that do have that is the cheap co-op own brand ones about 20p a bottle. Would be much better than main brand diet cokes or coke zero! You probably know about all about aspartame from atkins though x

Yeah, citric acid and all that excitement! Still never stopped me drinking it mind you! lol! However, I've not had one drop of diet soda since I started! *feels quite smug!*

I was addicted to fizzy drinks, but since drinking water for three days, I've not missed it at all! Still enjoying my shakes.....am I sad ? Lol. Claire how u feeling today? When is ya first weigh in? Xx

I'm not bad today actually. Got a bit hungry about 3pm but it wore off by the time I got home. Had dinner and then a shake and now my tummy is rumbling a bit.

I swear I think its the food! I might not have real food tomorrow and see if that makes a difference!

My CDC only has her drop in day on Saturdays so I'll be going this Saturday for my first WI. I only started on Monday tho, but thats ok. Hoping for about 7lbs off - anything else will just be superb, but 7lbs seems an achievable amount for 5 days for my first week :)

What about you, when do u wi?

Needing some words of wisdom here. I'm super determined on this diet and I dont want to do anything to f**k it up. However, that being said, its my Grandpa's 80th this weekend and the entire family is going for Sunday Lunch. So I cant not go.

I was hoping the menu would have some sort of salad on it, and not a set amount of courses. Just found out where we're going and its a set 3 course lunch, and theres no salad.

Restaurant Menus

My grans paying for it all so I dont think it would be very polite to NOT order all the courses. I'm feeling about sick about having to eat real food and I'm not sure what it will do to my weight loss.

Do you think I should pick at it and still do my shakes, or only have this on Sunday and nothing else at all, whatsoever?

I'm pretty stuck and wish I could not eat, but thats not an option :(

obv that menu is just an example, but from that - the crayfish and lobster and rocket salad. leave the mayo. then the roast chicken - eat the spinach, leave the potatoes.

then i would claim to be feeling unwell so i didn't have to eat dessert. do all that or similar, and you could stay in ketosis.

Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking - I can always get my OH to eat the dessert! lol!

Should I still be having my shakes on Sunday do you think?

yes, i would. for the nutrition.

Ok, thanks! :) Hopefully it wont cause too much of a blip with my wi next week.

I agree with spangles in the menu choices.

Eating out really is a bugger isn't it :(

Do your family know you are on the diet?

Maybe when you have your weigh in on Saturday it will give you the motivation you need to turn down the food on Sunday. :D

Also if you are seeing you CDC on Sat, take the menu and ask her for advice.

looking forward to hearing your WI results!!!

xxxx

Yes, everyone knows, and yes, noone cares! lol! Well, apart from the ones that tell me it'll cause depression and will make me faint blah blah blah.

Not on the best terms with my dad at the moment, and really sick to death of listening to other family members, so I could really be doing with NOT going. But its my grandpa's 80th and my gran is organising it and she'll be utterly heartbroken if I dont go, and probably not very happy if I dont eat.

Will see how it goes. Will speak to my consultant tomorrow. Maybe next weeks wi wont be so bad, because technically my first week doesnt end until Monday, so my second WI is technically more than a weeks worth! lol! :p

*clutches frantically at a bunch of straws*

You will do fine chick! Just stick to ketosis friendly meals like you would've been eating on Atkins minus the fat and you will still lose without having to COMPLETELY restart x

Thanks!

Just made myself an oriental "cuppa" soup! Used maybe half the sachet and its quite delish. Reminds me of those cheap noodles you can get, the 25p curry/chicken ones, if that makes sense? Obv minus the noodles.

I like it! Its going on my saturday shopping list! :D

Back