ClaireCat: The Art of Self Sabotage

Get it all out luvvy!
You did really well at the meal considering what you had to work with.
And forget about your mother, you need to be selfish now and put yourself and your needs first if you want to lose the weight. You will find alot of people are unsupportive because they are jealous.

Familey are the worst for diet support arnt they. Its hard and i can never follow this advice but try not to let other peoples issues effect you peace of mind. Focus on the positives like starting the year will a great loss!

Oh and meant to quiz you about laptops as it sound.deduction like your a bit of an expert! In your opinion whatsoever the best cheap one on the market?

Have a great day and dont let others negativity affect you fabulous lady x

Oh and meant to quiz you about laptops as it sound.deduction like your a bit of an expert! In your opinion whatsoever the best cheap one on the market?

Do you want this laptop to do anything in particular? Or are you a "browse the web and microsoft office" only kinda gal?!

And familys are rubbish. Actually phoned the doctor this morning and made an app to go see her on thurs.

I'm supposed to take happy tablets, but i forget and havent taken them for about 6 months, so I fully expect a bollocking from her! Ho Hum! :p

Might unplug the house phone and barr all their numbers from my mobile. Or move! lol!

I like it! Change your name and move away... what about Bunty braveheart, or Sally slimchick?

Also well done for being off happy pills for six months, I here they can be pretty addictive... I only ever took them for two weeks not even long enough for them to work ba ha ha.

Laptop wise I would love a decent graphic card and memory for the sims three :/ but am aware that with a budget of 500 max this is probably out of the question. To be honest I'm just looking for one that will get me through my BA and Masters. I dont need word or anything as my parents have that at home. Thanks chika x

Hows work?

I'll have a nosey when I get home. I cant think about anything just now apart from a chicken tikka with a garlic mayo dip!!! lol!

I'll have a nosey when I get home. I cant think about anything just now apart from a chicken tikka with a garlic mayo dip!!! lol!

I wish I didn't click onto your post now LOL

Sorry your family were being pants - they are the worst at telling you you need to lose weight and then at supporting you in a diet - or is that just mine? :(

Shrug it off, and pat yourself on the back for being good. And I mean actually, physically, pat yourself on the back.
Go On. Now!

and then smile, cos actually its hard to do! :)

How you getting on Hun? Xxx

Laptop wise I would love a decent graphic card and memory for the sims three :/ but am aware that with a budget of 500 max this is probably out of the question. To be honest I'm just looking for one that will get me through my BA and Masters. I dont need word or anything as my parents have that at home. Thanks chika x

Hows work?

This bad boy right here will blow your mind! Sims 3 wont even blink on it! However, I did blow your budget by £49.
http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-l502x/pd?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

This one should cope with it, but I cant honestly say it wont be "sticky" if that makes any sense? But its on sale for £350
HP Pavilion g6-1232sa 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | PC World

But tbh, there are loads on pcworld at £499 that will do the trick, but I'd seriously scrimp and scrape the extra £50 and buy the XPS one because they're awsome.

I spent alot of time trying to chose my current set up. Ive got an XPS - specced for gaming and its really good. Same spec as the alienware one I'd LOVE, but for 1/2 the price!

Hope that helps?

Sorry your family were being pants - they are the worst at telling you you need to lose weight and then at supporting you in a diet - or is that just mine? :(

You're absolutely right. Family are an absolute pain about everything. First to tell you you're putting on the pounds, then first to tell you to eat when you tell them you're on a diet.

Another personal favourite of mine, at the moment, is that they spent years telling me I should learn how to drive. Finally got round to applying for my provisional and got a big lecture from my aunt about how I cant afford the lessons, how expensive it will be to run a car and for the amount of driving I would do, its not worth it.

*sigh* lol! They're never happy and they're trying to drag me down with them. Stuff the lot of them!

Do t let then get you down Hun. You need to do what is right for YOU...not THEM!! Xxx

Families eh. You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family as they say.

Well done for doing so well at the meal Claire, really proud of you. Must have been really hard for you, and it would have done for your family to realise that - but unfortunately families can be slightly pessimistic about those closest to them.

I came home tonight and told my parents about the weigh in, they did not care ONE bit, and I was so excited - but then I went upstairs and thought eff it, I am doing this for me anyway - NOT THEM! It's pure jealousy, and if anything that is a compliment!!

oooh Chicken Tikka and Garlic Mayo....that has awoken my cravings!!

I am watching biggest loser at the moment, some of the people on it really don't make the most of the opportunity do they :/

Big Hugs Claire, and well done for staying off the pills, I made a documentary about anti depressants last year and it shocked me to the core. Doctors prescribe people pills for everything these days, and they don't get to the root of the problem, they just get people addicted to chemicals. These drugs don't address why people were sad to begin with, which is the most important thing. Tablets I think are fine, if they are done alongside other treatments.

xxxxxxx

Thanks.

I'm not really sure what to do apart from go back on the pills. Wonder how much a therapist costs? Oooh, you know you've made it when you have your own therapist! Oooh, or a cleaner! I've been seriously debating getting a cleaner!

Lifestyles of the rich and famous here I come! :p

The NHS should offer you a counselor / CBT therapy before putting you on any medication - this is in the NICE guidelines, but hardly ANY doctors stick to this and usually turn to pills as a first resort. You should ask the doctor about a therapist, but some areas are better for this than others. Worth asking though!hahaha my mum has a cleaner - its not cause she is rich though, its because she is LAZY! xx

The NHS should offer you a counselor / CBT therapy before putting you on any medication - this is in the NICE guidelines, but hardly ANY doctors stick to this and usually turn to pills as a first resort. You should ask the doctor about a therapist, but some areas are better for this than others. Worth asking though!hahaha my mum has a cleaner - its not cause she is rich though, its because she is LAZY! xx

CBT was the best thing I ever did. Had 12 sessions last year and it totally changed my life for the better! I have a very positive outlook on life now and I also think that it has contributed massively in helping me take the plunge to diet!! Xxx

I'm sorry, but everytime you all write CBT all I can think of is Cock and Ball Torture. pmsl!!!!

God, maybe that says too much about my mind! lol!

my mum has a cleaner - its not cause she is rich though, its because she is LAZY! xx

I want to be LAZY!!!! I want to come home and the place is all spick and span! Everything has a place and everything in its place, kinda thing!

God, imagine it, no dusting, no hoovering, no dishes, no cleaning the bathrooms.... happy days!

Bit gutted I have to pay extra to get them to clean the skirting boards and wash my dishes tho. Things I consider "standard" cleaning are extras, apparently. Pfft. Half a job is what i say! lol!

I'm sorry, but everytime you all write CBT all I can think of is Cock and Ball Torture. pmsl!!!!

Haha me too, which is why I didn't say i'm on a waiting list
:rotflmao:
There is an online therpy progream that i's exactly the same as face to face CBT but computer form Beating the Blues®
you can get it free on the nhs and it beats waiting on lists and talking to strangers! x

^ Made my night

Back