ClaireCat: The Art of Self Sabotage

girls i think this diet may literally be responsible for us losing our minds. lol. all this talk of balls and torture and other things..good gosh..i need a lie down. xxx

I dont think I can blame the diet for that, my mind was already gone.

Seen too much too young, thats my excuse! lol!

lmao haha oh brilliant!

haha, I can't really blame the diet either, I don't start until wednesday :D

LOL! I swear this site gives me more encouragement than my CDC.

I learn more from here than I do from her.

Last night I thought we would sit down and talk about any side effects of the first week, how I had got on, what had worked and what hadn't for me. ETC ETC.

But no, It was literally go in, weigh, products, gone.

I had to ask to have my measurements taken because she wasn't even going to do that.

Aren't these people being PAID to spend their time on us?!

Thank gosh I am on this site, and have lots of info from here, because I think if I was doing it with just her support I may have caved by now!

LOL! I swear this site gives me more encouragement than my CDC.

I learn more from here than I do from her.

Last night I thought we would sit down and talk about any side effects of the first week, how I had got on, what had worked and what hadn't for me. ETC ETC.

But no, It was literally go in, weigh, products, gone.

I had to ask to have my measurements taken because she wasn't even going to do that.

Aren't these people being PAID to spend their time on us?!

Thank gosh I am on this site, and have lots of info from here, because I think if I was doing it with just her support I may have caved by now!

My CDC is really lovely and very supportive so I'm quite lucky. Althhough she says I can text her day and night for anything I will usually just come one here instead :p

Could you change your CDC? I think having a good one will have a huge impact on you sticking to the diet x

Unfortunately mine is the only in the area (well a reasonable distance) - and I think if I swapped it would make me less likely to stick the appointments as I have to go in the evenings after work (really wouldn't want to travel to god knows where after work lol)

She is nice, don't get me wrong - she just doesn't seem very interested, as in it seems more like a business transaction than a helper. Mind you I haven't had any times where I've felt like I needed to call her, or had any troubles yet so I guess you only see how supportive they are when you are struggling. Luckily I am determined as anything on this diet - so hopefully that will eliminate risks of falling off track...

If not I always have Minis Mins!

I just had a banana shake - tres lumpy today, I just cant see to eliminate the lumps in work - I don't have time to stand there whisking away haha, and I feel really self conscious as someone always makes a comment about the shake when I am making it. "oh not another one on a diet" "oh that looks horrible" etc.

Eff them all, I am sticking to my banana shakey mclumpies.

Lumpy banana shake...sounds delicious! lol!

I phoned in sick this morning, mainly because I couldnt be arsed. Dont get me wrong, I've got an all over sore head - like the feeling of heaviness, and I feel roasting, but deep down, I phoned a sickie!

Debating doing the same tomorrow! Just cant shake this feeling of "cant-be-arsed-ness".

So, I went back to be about 8am and slept til 1pm! LAZY! Only got up because my head was sore and I was too warm. But I've gone from lying on the bed to lying on the sofa.

And I've done something horrible to my back too. Its been sore since before Christmas and I had spoken to my doctor who said "just take ibuprophen". Its been about 6 weeks now, so, surely painkillers arnt the answer?! Feel like my spine is full of trapped nerves! Hurts to turn, bend down or generally sit.

Waiting til the chiropractors opens after their mid-day break to phone and book myself in. Got a sports massage booked for saturday to try and help aswell.

Swear, if I was a horse, someone would have shot me by now! :p

I'm the same beth, wish I would have the shakes at work and I bought a shaker cup but they're naff!
Shame you can't pre-pare em.

I'm jealous of your lazy day Claire, I've just been wanting to sleep all day at my desk!
Your doctors sound alot like mine
Me: 'I have a feeling of a lump in my throat I think it might be an acid reflux because I've had it before...'
Dr: 'Take paracetamol.'

Cheers doc!

Just take a whisk to work with you. I'm too lazy to get my hand blender out to make mine - plus, its too wide for a glass and I dont want to have to dirty two things by mixing it in a jug too! :p

My whisk works just as good! :)

Ah I do take my whisk - but i get self conscious about the sound. Ridiculous I know, but we do a lot of live television from my office (at lunchtime for the lunchtime news!) - so I am always scared that live on television you'll have me buzzing up a strawberry silk in the background and getting in trouble hahahah.

Wish I could have had a lazy day today!! Been stuck in an edit suite ALLLL day, clipping away at my interviews.

Doctors are literally useless arent they. Last year I went to them for continuous chest pain...apparently it was a strain injury - they gave me ibuprofen. Then as the pain got worse the diagnosed asthma, and said what medication are you currently taking to which I replied "ibuprofen" and they had the cheek to tell me "ooooh you shouldnt be taking that it makes asthma worse!" BUT YOU GAVE IT TO ME!!! numpties!

Had 4 pints of water so far today, but still very thirsty and starting to crave my soup! LOL.

Also I have to go to my uncle's funeral next week, it is 3 hours away in Exeter. I am already worried about the food thing - what with being away from home all day , and being at a wake. Will it be really rude not to eat?

I was thinking I would porridge it before I leave, then take a tetra with me for lunch, then keep a flask of hot water for my soup on the way home? And I will have to stop on the water for a day - can you imagine needing a cambridge wee on a three hour journey!!!

*shudders*

i cant have shakes at work either any lumps make me gag! Tetra's, soups or bars for me although have gone off the bars since I ate 'real chocolate' at Christmas lol!
Im bloody starving today no idea why......water water water water!

i cant have shakes at work either any lumps make me gag! Tetra's, soups or bars for me although have gone off the bars since I ate 'real chocolate' at Christmas lol!
Im bloody starving today no idea why......water water water water!

im the same as you i only have bars tetras or the spicy tomato soup at work...
and if i want the least questions from noseys i have the soup, then it just looks like a normal cup a soup, cuz i stir them like crazy as well when i'm making them! hah

Think I'm going to go and swap some of my shakes for more tetras and bars on Saturday. My CDC isnt going to be there but she said I can take stuff in and swap it with the other girl she works with, and go get my weigh in.

Feel like my throat is trying to kill me today, but heading off to work. Got the doctors this morning at 9am so hopefully she will drown me in happy tablets and some form of death fighting drug!

Should probably just have taken the rest of the week off! Dunno what I'm thinking!

Oh, and an after thought, does anyone find the bars stall their weight loss? I just have "the fear" because artificial sweetener on atkins, especially maltitol, was really a "no go". So I'm a bit dubious! Also, they dont half help me make sure I go to the loo! lol!

I would stick with the crunchy bars if you like those ones, they are about the same carbs as the shakes/soups but the chewy ones are over 20g, which is a possible reason they stall weight loss abit x

there's sweetner in the shakes and porridge too - so no particular reason for the bars to cause a problem there.

The chewy bars have slightly higher levels of carbs than other products - which is why they're proscribed until you're safely in keto, so people who are very carb sensitive might find it knocks them out of ketosis, but otherwise the 20 extra cals wil not affect your weightloss.

Or rather - if 1 pound of weight represents 3600 kcals, then one bar a day would result in exactly one pound less weight loss after a whole 180 days (6 months) constant SS-ing!

Because bars are introduced in week three, which is notoriously a week when losses slow down, bars get a reputation for affecting losses. But it's purely coincidence. If you look at my losses, the week i introduced bars I had lower losses than week 1!

The bars make this diet doable for me, because even now, more than five months after starting them, I genuinely enjoy them - whereas everything else is a bit 'meh'. Not everyone likes them, but if you do, and if they keep you in keto - go for it.

Thanks. I got one of every kind to see what I thought. I really thought I'd like the peanut one but I was so disappointed with it! Quite like the toffee and the plain chocolate one. Not tried the mint one yet, its tomorrows delight!

Thanks. I got one of every kind to see what I thought. I really thought I'd like the peanut one but I was so disappointed with it! Quite like the toffee and the plain chocolate one. Not tried the mint one yet, its tomorrows delight!

I was the exact opposite! thought I's like all the chewy ones and not the crunchy but I can't stand them! Don't mind the chewy ones but they hut my teeth! Mint is quite nice though :)

Weird isnt it? I love crunchy things, and I cant think of anything better than a chocolate peanut butter bar, but its just not very nice! Funnily enough, the one I thought I'd like least is the toffee/fudge kind because, well I hate toffee and fudge, but its my fav! :)

Back