ClaireL second chance diary

Thanks Kirsty - I do love my grub!!

Today is undecided, but in all probability it will be extra easy....again

Breakfast: final field mushroom, roast cherry tomatoes, egg (double yolker - nice surprise!!) and 1 slice of wholemeal bread (HEB)

Lunch: Tuna mayo salad - 2syns for mayo, followed by yogurt with blackberries

tuna salad.JPG yog and berries.JPG

Dinner: pasta / chicken and veg - not sure what I will do exactly but will def be using the chicken items before it gets past it's 'sell by' date :D

HEA: Milk (although no way will I use it all)
HEB: Bread

Syns: 2 (so far)

Last edited:
So dinner was chicken pasta arrabiata ( sure that is not how you spell it!! lOL)

Had a few asparagus spears too just as extra super free and sprinkling of Parmesan - less than tbsp but will count 1.5 syns

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1372708172.412368.jpg

Just had slice of toast (half HEB) with tiny slice of cheese (half HEA as only had 2 cuppas today)

Am totally goosed so am having an early night

Last edited:
Woke up this morning feeling great - it's amazing what a good night's sleep can do :D

As always I am thinking today will probably end up extra easy although I am toying with the idea of a green day Mmmm - well had breakfast and that was pretty neutral so I can put off making this decision until lunch at least!!

Breakfast: strawberries, raspberries, nectarine, natural yog and half HEB meusli (could I have fit any more fruit into that bowl?? I don't think so - lol!!

breakfast.JPG

Lunch and dinner yet to be decided so will update later.......watch this space!!

HEB: half for meusli
HEA: not sure

Well, it seems summer has finally arived :) so yesterday I took myself and youngest son (plus his friend) to meet up with my friend at the local outdoor pools - fab day lying about in the sun, swimming and catching up on gossip :p kids had whale of a time too... but it was totally off plan! saying that - I am not even concerned though, and am straight back on plan this morning

Yesterday went like this:
Breakfast: fruit and yogurt
Lunch: grilled chicken and salad (syns for salad dressing = 5?) from poolside cafe - syns may be even higher in actual fact!!
Dinner: Pizza!! (syns - god only knows!!), 2 white wine spritzers which equals one large glass of wine here - so another 6 syns

Like I say a fab day and I am back to plan.....so today:

Breakfast: egg and tomato sandwich!! well I just fancied one - and why not I say - it's allowed - HEB for bread

breakfast.JPG

Lunch: couscous salad - couscous, red and yellow pepper, courgette, red onion, chickpeas

lunch.JPG

Dinner: Jamaican Jerk Chicken with rice and peas 3.5 syns (recipe from BritMum's blogsite - another thanks to BritMum:D) going to make some green bean salad and tomato salad to go alongside as extra super free

HEA:
HEB: Bread

Syns: 4.5

Last edited:
Dinner last night was lovely - Jamaican jerk chicken with rice and peas 3.5 syns per portion and I also had tomato cucumber salad and green bean salad (2 syns for the dressings) followed by the tofu chcocolate pudding - another 2 syns - so total syns for the day came to 8.5

dinner.JPG

Sooo...I jumped on the scales this morning and - well really not surprising...I have gained 2lbs. I have not been taking this seriously enough so it is the kick up the bum I need to get me really focusing on what I eat and drink!!

Today is going to be a red day

Breakfast - LF sausages 1.5 syns, with mushrooms, tomatoes and egg (made by OH no less!!)

Lunch: prawn and crab stick salad

Dinner: marinated steak with veggies and celeriac chips

HEA: might grate a little cheese on veggies at dinnertime, and will be having milk in drinks (I never use full HEA of milk)

HEB: not sure

I had picked up these little saturn nectarines as a snack - but they made my mouth all tingly and sore !! so will probably just watch OH eat them - not fair cos they are sooo juicy and tasty

saturn nectarine.JPG

Syns: 1.5 so far

Last edited:
Crab sticks are a bit artificial tasting but I don't mind them

Today is a green day and I'm planning something cheesy - love cheese. Mmmmm

Breakfast: eggs on whole wheat bread roll with tomatoes and cucumber HEB for bread roll 0.5 syn for ELF mayo

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373102625.662815.jpg

Lunch: couscous and veggies 1 syn

Dinner: Mac n cheese (I am really looking forward to this) HEA for cheese

Total syns: 1.5 so far

Well my Mac n cheese was sadly a disaster, tasted not very cheesy and was almost gritty! Have no idea what I did wrong- will try another recipe next time. Ended up abandoning it and had rice and keema instead so it ended up an extra easy day after all. Total syns for yesterday is 14 as I had a. Slice of bread with cheese spread in the afternoon so had to syn both

Today I am going for a red day

Breakfast: mushrooms, spring onion and chopped bacon on toast, used a spoon of ELF soft cheese to make a 'sauce' so 1.5 syns for cheese and HEB for bread

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373187167.225569.jpg

Lunch: Small ham sarnie with beetroot and tomatoes 2nd HEB for bread, 0.5 syns for mayo in sarnie

Dinner: surf and turf with salad

Day of painting our new shed ahead so a bit of body magic there- at least for the arms

TOTAL Syns = 12 (drinky poos included!!)

Last edited:
Yay - managed the red day yesterday!!

Would really like to go for a green day today but OH is not in work today and he is a total carnivore so I know he will be suggesting a meat-athon for dinner so I think I am going to take the extra easy option otherwise it will just be a failed green day and then I will be tempted with the "messed up so will just have what I want and get back to plan tomorrow" sort of attitude, and I really, really need to stay on plan!

Plus am going to re-start the C25K plan, I was running 40 mins 3 times a week in Feb (al be it in a style of puffing train!!), but developed bronchitis, which became pneumonia and that put paid to that. I have been wanting to get going again, starting from the beginning, but have come up with soooo many wild and crazy excuses - but time to stop dilly dallying and get the trainers on - will be taking my first outing since Feb this evening - hopefully when it is cooler, or at least when there are shadows that I can run in rather than the full sunshine.

So, food for today:

Breakfast: raspberries and melon with vanilla yogurt

Lunch: salad of some kind

Dinner: not sure but you can bet it will be meaty!!

HEA
HEB

Syns

Haven't got out there yet Kirsty LOL - but am still up for it, so fingers crossed I will keep the momentum to run awake until later this evening!!

Lunch - forgot that I had made a vegetable tortilla yesterday but then realised it had peas in it so skipped it as it was a red day.....that was my lunch today with tiny bit of salad and a little squeeze of ELF garlic mayo - very nice :D

Actually managed a green day whoo hoo.

Made a masala pasta dish for dinner which was totally yum and also had a small sarnie ( ham cheese and tomato) mid afternoon as I was HUNGRY!! So HEB for bread roll HEA for cheese and 3 syns for the ham and mayo. 100% day and NO alcohol so a double yay for today

Woke up feeling very bright and breezy this morning, good nights sleep and a little exercise works wonders!!!

I think I will go for an extra easy day today, although it might also be a green day, all depends on what's for dinner (again)

Breakfast: banana, strawberries and raspberries with vanilla yogurt

Snack: slice of the veggie tortilla concoction!!

Lunch: left over masala pasta

Dinner: not sure yet

HEA: milk in drinks

Update from yesterday:

Mid afternoon snack of cheese and beetroot sarnie with splodge of ELF mayo 0.5 syns

Dinner: Jacket spud with BBQ beans, cheese (HEA), corn on the cob and salad - it was fantastic :p -it's the simple things in life!!

Also had a mars bar ice cream - the small one so that was 7 syns and a couple of son's crisps - maybe 3 syns?? so I am saying total of 10.5 but I'll round it up to 11 for good measure:D so all in all I'm thinking the day was not too shabby!! and another green day to boot!

Today will be extra easy

Breakfast: 1 slice toast (half HEB) with Lurpak lighter spreadable (1 syn) and slice of ham

Lunch: wild rice and salmon with vegetables - like a salad sort of thing - it's in my taste of summer recipe book and is super tasty;)

Dinner: not sure yet

HEA:
HEB: bread +??

Syns - 1 (to be updated)

Back