ClaireL second chance diary

Got back home from dashing around the shops at about 2pm and was absolutely starving - no time to make the salmon and wild rice salad so had 1 more slice of wholemeal bread toasted (other half of HEB) with BBQ beans and cheese (HEA) also munched on a few cherry toms while it was warming up so will push the salmon rice salad to dinner now;)

My god - I am so predictable in as much as I am totally disorganised and predictably do not stick to meals I have planned -LOL - ended up with spag bol for dinner so salmon is pushed back yet again - I MUST eat it today though or it will end up in the bin - hate wasting good food!!

Update for the syns from yesterday - 2 syns for olive oil added to tomato salad, garlic bread x 2 slices 9 syns (couldn't resist but at 4.5 syns per slice wish I had!! - note to self - check syn values before wolfing down nice stuff) Grand total of 12 syns for yesterday - soon add up don't they!

Plan for today - EXTRA EASY

Breakfast: bacon and egg butty (HEB for WM bread)

Lunch: minestrone soup - already made using some of the left over spaghetti from last night

Dinner: SALMON!!!!! - maybe with the wild rice - maybe with new potatoes and either way with veg of course!!

HEA: Milk
HEB: Bread

Syns

Minestrone soup for lunch with dessert spoon of Parmesan sprinkled on top (counting as part HEA)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373541251.984109.jpg

Last edited:
So onwards with the salmon chronicles...................

had a jacket potato for dinner last night - don't ask why - there is no reason!! even though the salmon was looking at me I just couldn't be bothered so easy peasy JP it was.

Salmon spent overnight in the freezer and I have got it out this morning, and I am having it for lunch - I am determined :p

Yesterday I also had a crunchie 9.5syns!!! - think it must be TOTM food cravings, need to reel those in!!

So today is extra easy:

Breakfast - Mango

Lunch - Salmon and wild rice salad (she says for the nth time - believe it when you see it!!)

Dinner: Turkey steaks with vegetables and maybe ´noodles

HEA:Milk + ?
HEB:??

Syns

Oh and am just back from my little run - that's 3 times this week, so I am very happy that at least I am actually managing to stick to that!!

Hurrah!! The salmon was eaten last night!! had it with mixed wild and basmati rice, green and yellow courgettes and red peppers. it was very nice too.

Today is extra easy

Breakfast: boiled eggs x 2 with 1 slice wholewheat bread and Lurpak lighter 1syn

Lunch: small amount of the salmon rice veggie mix left over so I will have that and maybe add a few prawns

Dinner: turkey steaks and salad with new potatoes

Syns: trying to keep these low for a few days

Also planning a day with no alcohol - may be a bit tough as it is Saturday, but I will try anyhow :rolleyes:

Sunday already- weekends fly by!!

Extra easy today

Missed breakfast as went for my run and when I got back decided to plant up a few new bushes we had bought for the garden, by the time I had finished and showered it was 11.45 so had early lunch instead

So lunch was bread roll filled with lettuce, tomato, red onion, bacon and chicken 1 syn for mayo- thoroughly enjoyed it.

Little ride on bike this pm as I spotted another path on my morning run and I wanted to explore where it will take me - possible new run route? Turns out it just ends up in the same place as regular route but not as smooth ground. Stopped at cyclist cafe/ bar and had soda with lemon and an ice lolly guessing 5 syns?? Poss more? Well it's gone now.........

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1373802726.923895.jpg

Got a chicken to roast this pm will prob end up with salad even though I am craving roast dinner (can't imagine anyone else will want it though cos it's 30 degrees!!)

Syns so far: 6 or 7

HEA: milk

HEB: bread roll.

Roast chicken dinner - score!!

Need to add syns though for stuffing, gravy and bread sauce!!! Will calculate them later on SW site and update.

Woke up feeling full still - this is a first! So am undecided about today- will see where my stomach takes me

Oh my god - I think I must be chicken crazy!!

Was not hungry when I got up this morning so took son to football school and then on to B and Q equivalent to look for some new garden furniture, after a long and fruitless browse we came out of the building into the aroma of freshly grilled chicken - big chicken rotisserie style thing in the car park, couldn't resist ........so breakfast was half a grilled chicken (no skin) - it's on plan though isn't it??? Oh and a nectarine as an afterthought/superfree sort of thing.

Lunch yesterday was ham salad sandwich HEB for bread and 1 syn for mayo
Dinner was naughty as we went to our local Chinese and I had all sorts from the buffet and tepanyaki plus glass of wine and glass of plum wine (comes with the bill!)

Far too many syns feel like I am still messing with this, but don't want to go through the usual moaning about my dalliances so am just going to get on with it in the hope that at some point it will all just click into place

Today will be extra easy, I've already had egg on toast for breakfast HEB for bread and dinner will be chili or meatballs (ELF mince to be used!)

Am going to pop out this afternoon for some fruit and veg lunch will be something quick and easy- maybe noodles and mushrooms??

Will update later

Thanks Kirsty - of course you are totally right - it's a life change so at some point it has to give a little - I just wish I could shift a few pounds (well more like a few stone) before being so relaxed. On the other hand WHEN I do eventually get to where I want to be I think that maintenance will be OK for me :p

Wow a hectic day workwise today- have barely had time to lift my eyes from the bladdy computer screen!! but at long last am through my 'must do today' list and have found a few mins spare for a bit of minimins :p

Last night I had the chili and rice with lettuce, spring onion, pickled jalapeno, and HEB for a little cheese but then went on to have a chunk of chocolate so that's prob a fair few syns - guessing 5??

Today is extra easy

Breakfast was boiled egg with 1 slice of WM bread ( half HEB) spread with a little lurpak lighter - 1syn

Lunch: sort of salad but without leaves! - egg, prawns, cold boiled new potatoes, cherry tomatoes and cold green beans, 1 spoon of ELF mayo 0.5 syns, and lemon jiuce salt and pepper, followed by fresh mango

Dinner: Planning to have SW meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta, might also have a small bread roll that I will garlic up and can count as half HEB and 3 syns, and will also make a side salad or maybe just roast a few courgettes, red onion, peppers and cherry toms as a side dish - if I don't need it, it can be rejigged as lunch tomorrow :D

HEA: small amount of milk - maybe sprinkling of parmesan on dinner
HEB: Bread

Syns: 1.5 so far

Another extra easy one for me today

Breakfast was fried (in frylight) potatoes, mushroom and egg plus 1 tsp brown sauce 0.5 syns

Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB for bread)

Dinner: not sure yet!! :p

Back