ClaireL second chance diary

Breakfast: ryvita x2 with mackerel pate 0.5syn, cucumber and tomato, followed by mini banana. Bit strange having fishy breakfast!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378109322.094761.jpg

Lunch: Fried rice with vegetables (courgette, pepper, spring onion, peas, carrot) bacon and prawns.

Last edited:
Dinner: lasagne with broccoli 4syns for Parmesan and corn flour in sauce

Also had 2 mikado Daim flavour, yum and only 1 syn for the 2 sticks

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378150663.063276.jpg

Only available for a short time so I had better stock up!!

Total of 5.5 syns today

Extra easy again today

Breakfast: bacon egg beans tomato and mushroom

Lunch: couscous, broccoli and small spoon of bolognaise sauce (left over from making lasagne). Banana and 2x mikado sticks 1 syn

Had roast chicken dinner last night, made some LF sausage stuffing and some bread sauce too - very yum but quite high in syns - all in all (with yorkshire pud, gravy etc) probably about 10syns for the lot, but then I ate several Mikado sticks so total of 17 syns for the day.

Hey Claire!
I found your diary so am here to subscribe :)
How are you getting on with the weekly syns? Another thing you could try is syn cycling... I am going to do that when I get a bit bored! Am happily eating my syns most days at the moment.
For example: Monday: 5, Tuesday: 10, Wednesday 5, Thursday 5, Friday 20, Saturday 40 Sunday 20. Or however you want to split it.
Jane x

Hi Jane, welcome to my often disastrous diary ;) - I am sort of OK with weekly syns, try to minimise them at the beginning of the week as I am an almighty terror when it comes to the weekend - for some reason I just don't seem to be able to maintain control!!

Hi Kirsty - dinnner was very yum - but high syns so I will have to reel them in for the rest of the week - just so I have some left for the weekend :D

Today has been extra easy

Breakfast was a little bit late as I managed to get a run in this morning - have just about given up with the running and have been promising myself to kick start it again for weeks - I am really pleased I got off my a***e and did it this morning - now to keep it up until it becomes routine again - easier said than done :rolleyes:

so food - breakfast was a cheese scone (made with smash and cottage cheese) cut in half and toasted with sliced tomato and half HEA of cheddar lightly grated over top. Nice change from eggs!!

Lunch: last dregs of the bolognaise sauce with pasta bows and a little bit of left over veggies (carrot and peas) from last night for good measure!!

Dinner: using left over chicken to make enchiladas for my 2 guys (will have to resist urge to nibble during construction!) OH and myself will have salmon, new potatoes and green beans

Might have toast with butter (synned) for supper if needed

über low on the syns today but making up for yesterday

These look delish where could I find recipe for these :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi new me

the recipe is ......
THAI CHICKEN CAKES WITH SWEET CHILLI SAUCE - Serves 2-3.

Only Syns are for each level tbsp. sweet chilli sauce used - 1.5 Syns

2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped or crushed
Small piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped (I cheat and use three quarters of a teaspoon of ground ginger)
1 small onion, roughly chopped
4 tbsp. fresh coriander or 1-2 tsp. ground coriander - obviously, fresh tastes better
1 green chilli, seeded and roughly chopped

Toss the chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, coriander and chilli into a food processor and season well. Blitz until the chicken is finely ground and everything is well mixed.
Use your hands to shape into six small cakes. Fry them in Frylight over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning once.
Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, shredded spring onion and red chilli, if you're brave enough!

it is from the this thread:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/317773-delicious-meals-minimum-ingredients-6.html

worth a look - there are loads of great ideas there

Oki Doki, it's Thursday and I can smell the weekend:D

Have absolutely nothing planned for today, so this could spell 'DANGER' - as I have a propensity to stand at the fridge and graze while trying to think of something I want to eat, I know it's crazy!! - standing eating while thinking what can I eat - no wonder I am overweight!!

Breakfast has been 2 ryvita with egg mayo sort of stuff on top 0.5 syns for ELF mayo, with tomato and cucumber, and have also just put away a breakfast yogurt (cereal and apple) had a mini panic attack, as, while I was enjoying the yog I thought - just check the syns -it's a while since I ate one of these...so went onto SW website and entered all NV
syn value = 4!!! :eek: -

then I realised I had not entered it as free food - so started again with free food then all NVs and phew!!! only 0.5 syns - not that I mind spending 4 syns on something nice - but not sure that something nice for me would be a yogurt!!

Well, will update later, hopefully not to confess some naughtyness on the eating front though!! - might nip out to the shop and see if they have something fresh and inspirational to keep on track :p

I'm trying very hard Kirsty :p

Have had a corned beef hash sort of thing for lunch with the left over potatoes and green beans from last night's dinner, with a small onion chopped and lean corned beef added, topped with 14g of cheddar cheese (14g cos that's the weight of a lump of cheese that had broken off the block!!) so that will be part HEA and finished with 4 mikado (on the white chocolate ones now) 2 syns

Still not decided re dinner tonight, eldest son is having the left over enchiladas, yougest son has requested a 'pie'!! (I really don't like pies) so it's a bit of free for all - and - I haven't been to the shops so nothing exciting in the house at the moment.

Dinner last night was a bit of everything in the fridge !- ended up with some homemade Tzatziki (spelling??) which was VERY garlicky - wouldn't be suprised if you could smell it from there!! with ham, thinly sliced beef, 6 olives, SW pate and bread - total of 7 syns, also had half a curly wurly 3 syns
total of 12.5 syns for the day

Today is extra easy and is a better day all round - done the shopping so far more choice of goodies

Breakfast: blueberries and raspberries with vanilla yogurt

Lunch: veggie chili and rice

Dinner: something with chicken:)

Am just back from my 30 min run so that's a help too, going to jump in the shower then tuck into the veggie chili:D

Back