ClaireL second chance diary

Hi Kirsty all ok- how about you?

Had a busy weekend no time for minis!! And sort of off plan. Went to Bratislava on Saturday for girls shopping day then on Sunday was at friends for brunch but it went on much later than expected so ended up sort of dinner too!

Yesterday back on plan though- I need to keep at it for a full week!

Have been having a bit of a tug of war with this site - it's letting me see everything but not all of my posts are posting today Harrumph!! :(

Well I will try again

wanted to stick a few piccies of yesterday's and today's grub so here goes

Vietnamese chicken salad

lemon meringue (syn free but tbh not great!!)

breakfast of poached eggs and spinach with brown bread spread with laughing cow light (had a little obsession with this lately9

breakfast omlette - ham tomato cheese (babybel light x 1) and basil

Pasta with green salsa sauce and parmesan

lunch.JPGvietnamese chicken salad.JPGlemon mer.JPGbreakfast 1.JPGbreakfast 2.JPG

Food all looks as delicious as always! I also have an obsession with laughing cow light. Have you tried it mashed in to jacket potato - yummmm, also mashed in to mashed potato with a dash of milk. X

Guess what i had for breakfast haha!!

Toast with eggs, spinach, mushrooms and spring onions sorta like yours you inspired me was fab!! x

Good one Kirsty - sounds good with the mushrooms - am a big fan of those babies!!

I have had an extra easy day today

Breakfast 2 eggs with 2 of the mini wholemeal sub rolls from M&S

Lunch: SW chips, mango and vanilla yogurt

Dinner: wrap pizza with salad 7 syns and HEA for cheese

Am as full as a full thing so that is me sorted for the day - just off to watch most recent episode of Breaking Bad

M&S - did I hear M&S?!!! Is there one in Austria then?! X
Hi Jane, sadly no M&S in Austria , however Bratislava is only 40 mins drive away (just over the border in Slovakia) and they have 2 there!!! - and next and Tesco - it's a shopping frenzy when we go Haha

I have to confess that I have been very unorganised and unfocused over the past week or so, I feel like a fool and know I am just cheating myself out of the weight loss I am wanting. I have managed to gain a total of 5lbs over the past month.... now that is the wrong direction.

I need something to focus my mind and to get me back into planning meals and sticking to the plan. I have no idea why I am not doing this but the truth is I am just NOT. So I will take my weight today as a new start and have binned all naughties from the fridge and cupboards (wait to see the kids and OH face when they get in tonight eeek!!!) but I am going to put me first for a few weeks so if they want food that is not SW freindly then they will have to buy, prepare and cook it themsleves!!
This is my planned strategy at least, have to make it work otherwise I will hit xmas with no loss and will feel terrible.

So, I have been on plan so far today, and have organised a good dinner for tonight, I am then going to go through all my recipe books and plan meals for the rest of the week. I can make a shopping list and will make sure I have everything I need in so that there is no excuse. I think if I can get 1 week under my belt then I will feel motivated to continue. Wish me luck guys!! It's going to be a bit like a military operation!!

So jealous of your proximity to Next, M & S and Tesco!! I'm hoping ocado May one day start delivering to Switzerland ;-)

It sounds like you have a good plan. Treat yourself to a fitbit - it has really motivated me. I have had very slow weight loss but looks like I will have a good loss this week at last ;-)

Good day yesterday thankfully
Extra Easy

HEA: milk

Breakfast: bacon and egg butty 1 syn for brown sauce and HEB

Lunch: left over spaghetti bolognaise

Dinner: Classic chicken curry and rice (from curry heaven recipe book) little bit of onion salad

Snack: banana

Total syns - 1

Trying very hard to keep it going for second day- just taking it step by step until I feel back on track

Sounds like you're back on track :)

Almost Jane - holding on by the skin of my teeth, actually yesterday was OK - not fantastic but stayed within my syns so am calling it a sucess (had wanted to use fewer syns but it was not to be)

It was extra easy again yesterday, not too much complaining re empty cupboards but have already had requests for new biscuits and chocolate from youngest!! will delay trip to shops just to keep temptation at bay for a few more days :rolleyes:

Breakfast: mushrooms, tomato, egg and bacon

Lunch: vegetable casserole (courgette, peppers, onion, potato, tinned tomato, garlic) followed by raspberries and vanilla yogurt

Dinner: chicken quarters roasted with parsnip, mashed potato 2 syns, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and peas, gravy (2 syns)
G & T x 2 9syns!!!!!

Toast with slice of ham 2 syns for LF spread

total of 15 syns for the day - did not need the 2 G&Ts- but hubby provided and I drank :eek:

Can you get slimline tonic there?
Food looks nice :)
I am so fricking hungry haha!

Hi Jane, I'm a weeny bit lucky as hubby works for the UN and they have a commissary, so I can get hold of some UK goodies, slimline tonic being one of these things:D. can also get LF cheddar, Lurpak lighter, sugar free 7up and Sprite, Linda McCartney sausages, Quorn peices and Quorn mince and fat free fromage frais it has been a bit of a life saver at times! There are also quite a lot of goodies from US - some are good for SW too - my list of 'allowed' foods is growing all the time:D

Back