Claire's diary of food and thoughts

British_Claire_84

Gold Member
I'd like to start keeping an honest and up-to-date food and thoughts diary, beginning today.

I aim to use this as a way to keep motivated, share my thoughts with everyone and also look back on any good/bad times to reflect or learn from them. :scale:

I feel it helps to write things down, how i'm truely feeling etc.. :psiholog:

Please feel free to have your two-penneth worth, kick me up the a*se or just join in! :asskick:

Mon 15th June

I've adjusted my tickers to reflect my correct start weight/bmi.

Started CD 242lb's :eek:
Current weight 195lb's :rolleyes:

I would like to ideally lose another 2 stone, slow and steady is fine by me. What started my weight loss journey off was joining the Special Constabulary back in Feb. The Police Doc said he'd be happier signing me off as 'fit for duty' if i could lose weight. When asked for something to aim for he gave me a target of getting into double figures in kg's. I started at 110.6kg's and he asked i got below 100kg in about 3-4 months. I lost the weight using CD and went back after 3 months having lost 3 stone rather than the 1.5 stone he asked i try to do. That was a major incentive for me and proved i could put mind over matter when i wanted to. To cut a long story short, he happily signed me off as 'fit' and i've been doing the training ever since then. This last weekends training was the one i wanted to be ready for, a hard weekend of learning how to use the gear properly. I'm pleased with the choices i made this weekend and i am now ready to move on and carry on as before. So, there's a bit of background, hope i haven't bored you too much!

So far today -

Beef and mushroom omlette

- 2 slices sandwich beef - 0
- 2 eggs - 0
- 4 closed cup mushrooms - 1
- Sprinkle of mozzerella cheese - 1.2

2 x small glasses Strawberry Perfectly Clear (no citric acid) - 0
Water

Eeeeeeek!!! It's thundering here :hide: I'm such a wuss when it comes to thunder and lightening.. :cry:

Also had a bit of a nightmare as have emptied my fishtank to clean it out, just went to the sink to start filling it up with water again to find the water's gone off!! :argh: So now i'm left with an empty tank, no water so can't go for a shower yet either.. grrr.. Managed to use bottled water to brush me teeth so don't feel too bad. Have rung the water people and the whole area is off. Gutted.

Think i'm going to do some other housework to take my mind off it.. nothing too strenuous though as my arms are still in bits from yesterdays exploits, owchy. :(

Claire, someone as determined and humorous as yourself will be an asset to the specials!

I hope you soon get your water supply back - if only for the fishes sake..
smile_rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

Don't be afraid of the thunder, It's only God moving furniture - or so I was assured when I was little..
Thunder_effect_by_Stemoticon.gif

Hey Wrinkly, :thankyou: for your kind words! Have bunged me fish in my brothers tank at the moment so at least they'll keep warm.

Water's still off atm but thankfully the thunder's coming to an end now.. :woohoo: I'm gonna put the hoover round in a min to disguise the noise a little longer.. lol..

Got some Asda Extra Special Pork, Parma ham, garlic and red wine flavour sausages for tea. Carb's aren't too bad at 2.6g for 2 sausages. Smell really garlicy, yum! :eating: Not too sure what to have with them yet though.. have got a few bits of green vegs in and a little salad left. Need to get some veg carbs in..

Last edited:
Will wish really hard and try to magically send them your way then LM! :vibes: I hate them so much, give me headache and scare me stupid :eek:

Funny as in HA HA or funny as in wierd?! :silly:

LOL..

Well, the water's finally back on again and the thunder's moved on, any sign of it up your way LM?!

Had a nice cuppa tea this afternoon with a tiny amount of full fat milk as don't have any cream atm. Also with an atkins choc chip bar, yum yum! :17729:

Just about to start tea now, couple sausages n green vegs. I struggle with these kind of teas as don't seem right having em without gravy or sauce.. have enough mayo on salads so don't want anymore of it..

So far -

Breakfast 2.2
Snack choc chip bar 2.1
Drop of full fat milk in a cuppa tea - 0.5

Tea
Sausages - 3.9
Piece of tenderstem brocolli, sugar snap peas, 4 asparagus stems, roughly 2 cups veg - 5.5
Sauce made from 4 mushrooms, 2tbsp soft cheese and water - 2

Total 16.2

Seems we're eating similar stuff, not surprising seeing as we're both doing Atkins just that at times it feels so alien eating in this way. I know what you mean about the mayonnaise though, sometimes I eat it and almost heave.

Anyway, have a lovely day. We've got blue skies, you? x

Morning Penny, yep, blue skies here today too which is suprising considering they said it'd be showery in the east today and you can't get much more east than where i am!

About to get up as can't seem to be able to sleep in at the moment which is rubbish as i'm tired. :zz: Might make an omlette for brunch and see if i can find some energy from somewhere to go to the gym. :whacky068: Have a good day everyone :)

Morning Claire, won't stay because I'm in a mood - gained 1lb. Grrr!
Glad your water is back on..

Wrinkly, hope you've seen my post back to you on the weigh in thread.. Keep mucking in there hun, it sometimes takes a little while for your body to catch up with the loss, honest! I'd sometimes have sts weeks on cd which is nigh on impossible eating 600cals a day! But then the following week i'd have a whoosh and catch up for the two weeks. Make sure you measure yourself, it's a much better way of telling whether or not you're losing and can be a great incentive sometimes too.. Big hugs hun, you may be down but you're definately not out yet! xx

Have had a late breakfast now so once it's settled and i'm up n dressed etc i can hit the gym..

B. Beef and mushroom omlette

- 2 slices roast beef sandwich slices 0
- 3 mushrooms 1
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle of mozzerella cheese 1

500ml water

Thanks again Claire, I went out to the library this morning & walked (limped) :character00115: off most of my rotten temper. Then just booted up & read all the kind replies... It has made such a difference. :thankyou:

I hope you enjoyed the gym.

Back