Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Just to add that i managed to finish the 1.5l water bottle at work and didn't have the can of coke zero. Enjoyed the chicken tikka salad but still peckish so have just had a two egg omlette with a sprinkle of mozerella, one mushroom and about 5 slices of pepperoni.

So adding those carbs - 1 i think.. to my total gives a total for the day of 16.5. Not bad considering i've had three good meals and a snack.

Have got a banging migraine atm and can only just see again after going all fuzzy round the edges for half hr so i'm off to bedski. Hoping to make the most of my last lay in till at least next weds!

Ooo, forgot me brew that am currently drinking..

Total drinks for day -

2.5l water
One coffee with sweetner and single cream
One tea with sweetner and single cream
One Klix machine mocha at work (the heat helped my sore throat a bit). Hmm, should probably add a little carbs as no doubt it'd have sugar in it n whiteners? Though am still below the 20g limit so not to worry too much..

Time to think happy thoughts and hope for lovely dreams.. Been having wierd ones recently!

Hey Claire hope the headache has gone!
xx

Are you on induction Claire?? I didn't think we were allowed tomatoes on induction... (why am I moaning? I can't eat tomotoes anyway, well not canned or cooked anyhow).

Yeah i'm doing induction Penny. I just saw that normal tomatoes are allowed on the allowed food list for induction on the atkins website so then went by the carb count on the tin. Ah well.

Bren and Laura, thank you for the kind words. Have still got the headache at the mo left over from the migraine last night. Back to work in a couple of hrs though.. boo..

Laura, ta for the advice for the sandwich fillings. That's what i went with in the end anyways. The carb count was for 100g and the tubs were 250g so i doubled it and added half to give me the total. The chicken tikka one i had last night was quite low i thought for the amount i had so pretty pleased with that. The others are more though so i'll make sure i temper the other meals so's i can fit them in. They make a lovely change to just meat and salad.

Been trying to doze to sleep off the muggy head so i've not long been up and about. Just having a coffee with sweetner and single cream and have had 500ml of water.

I've been limiting my amount of tomatoes and onions too hun. I don't massively like raw tomatoes so only have the odd one now and again in a salad. I also tend to be using spring onions in recipes now although i do sometimes use shallots too as i find cos they're so diddy i can at least have a bit of portion control on them and also saves wasting half of one of the big onions.

Feeling a little nauseous atm, damn migraine.. Really need to do some dinner though as need to be in the shower for work at 1300 so i'm in work for 1400. Thinking of doing the fish again that i had yesterday.. Will probably have half the amount of tinned tomatoes though so a quarter tin.

Coffee with sweetner and cream 0.5

Dinner

Mushroom omlette
2 eggs 0
3 mushrooms 1
Cheddar cheese 0.5

One glass perfectly clear 0
3/4l water

2g so far.. will update tea and snacks later after work..

Lots of water Claire and hopefully the migrane's will pass.

And your welcome it's nice to share and be encouraged we all enjoying giving it and receiving! Have a good day at work I am just off to bed and to read the Atkins book more.

Bren
X

2g carried forward from dinner

Tea

Chicken and bacon mayo sandwich filler 250g 4
Salad - lettuce, cucumber, a spring onion and 5 cherry tomatoes, guessing at about 4?
Atkins choc chip bar 2.1

Can coke zero 0
1.5l water 0

Supper
75cl rose wine 3.5

Total for day - 15.6g carbs

How's the head? I've felt sick today with the protein, nothing to do with migraine but I think this way of eating can trigger nausea and headaches. I see you've got a bottle of Rose, while I'm sipping a whiskey and coke... no carb and just what I need to chill.

Aww hugs Penny, hope the feeling soon passes.. R u making sure you're getting all your veggies in huni? I've been feeling much better this afternoon, been drinking the water as best i can whilst at work which has helped. Swapping to earlies tmoz for five of em :-( Boo.. no cover either so no refs break, 8hrs on me tod, rubbish. Enjoy you're whisky n coke hun, i've finished my wine now, was only really two small or one large glass but just enough to see me off to sleep...

Sweet dreams, hope you soon feel more human x

Morning honey - feeling a bit coldy this morning, slept terribly and got a headache. Yesterday I at half a cup of cucumber and two full cups of lettuce = 10 carbs. Not great but shall try harder today. I'm also going cold turkey on the atkins bars as I've craved sweet things really badly. Have a good day - it's beautiful here already x

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but L-Glutamine is supposed to be good for cravings especially those of the sweet variety. They are relatively inexpensive too.

Hate to say this girls but alcohol dehydrates & that can cause a headache.
I'm invited to my son & his intendeds for lunch on Sunday, Hope I have the strength of mind to refuse the wine - and other things...

Penny I have taken to dicing my bars into little tiny pieces and munching over the day on them (this way I only have 1). My other snack is celery sticks and I count that as part of my carbs too.

Bren
x

Well, what a mad crazy messed up day! Total craziness. I haven't stopped from 8 o'clock this morning with no break and no cover.. Pretty mentally knackered tbh. However, i'm just putting some new tunes onto my ipod and then i'm outta uniform n into gym kit! Giving it a little while so the rush is over with and then i'll do a run, some weights and considering the spa pool and sauna too as i don't have a social life so won't be out tonight lol.. Back in work at 8 in morning too.

B. Choc chip atkins bar 2.1
Coffee with cream and sweetner 0.5
D. Prawn mayo sandwich filler 250g tub 3.25
Lettuce, 5 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, 1 spring onion 4
S. Salami 0.5

1.5l water so far and one can coke zero

Will decide on tea after gym but probably the fish i have left over from the other day as didnt fancy it yesterday..

Total brought forward - 10.35g

Tea
White fish baked in foil, drizzle of olive oil, mixed herbs 0
Baked in with fish 2 mushrooms and 4 cherry tomatoes 0.5
4 Asparagus spears and 100g tenderstem brocolli 3.5

Total 14.35

Was going to have the rest of the can of tinned tomatoes but for some reason something told me to check the ingredients and i'm pleased i did! Damn citric acid!!! Needless to say i ditched it and used the fresh cherry tomatoes baked in with the fish.

Still pretty starving from the gym, took about 3 micro seconds to eat me tea! Got flipping masterchef on atm and they're making puddings, now got a sweet craving!

No salad left to make my dinner up for work tomorrow and really cannot be bothered going out now to buy some so think i'll make a 3 egg omlette to take in and eat cold.

Probably explains why I'm getting cravings. I'm really not sure about this diet... not losing weight, feeling sick, etc. I loved it at first but I just don't feel healthy. Hmmm how are you feeling?

What explains your cravings Penny?? Sorry, i'm blonde lol. I'm feeling really good this week, i have more energy and thankfully my tummy has been a lot better, if ya get what i mean. I'm just trying my best to remain positive i guess!

Back