Class or Alone?

PeterPan132

I'm just interested in whether people can go slimming world alone or whether you join a class / online?

I am really struggling with my weight at the moment, contraception has made me balloon in weight - despite intense training for a 400km cycle ride across Kenya leading up to Feb just gone, I gained a whopping 2 stone!! And it all co-incided with having the injection. I have now come off the injection and am desperate to get rid of this excess weight but am worried that it won't start coming off straight away. I don't want to join a class and nothing happen, or actually gain for the first few weeks / months.

I really am at a loss as to what to do :cry:
Its really getting me down!

I used to go it alone. I only joined online to give me a little more motivation. But I lost 2.5 stone when i did it on my own before.

I gave myself 6 weeks of attendance at a Slimming World Club and then decided to go it alone. Mainly because of the cost and also I started to attend only for a weigh in and not stay for the meetings.

The support you get from attending the club is fantastic, however I'm now getting great support now via this forum!

Hopefully now you have come off the injection you will notice a ease in losing weight. Good luck.

i've always just done it alone. got my books off a friend - you can pick them up cheap and easy on ebay or just use the resources on here.

I did think about going to a class but wasn't keen on getting weighed with people around and also had trouble finding a class at a time and place i could make each week. I considered also doing it online but thought it was far too expensive.

I started my SW go it alone on 03/01/12 weighing 17st 4lb and when i did my Weigh in at home on sunday have dropped to 15st 7lbs, so you can do it alone.

Which ever way you decide to do it this site has soo much helpful stuff and every one is so supportive it keeps you going even on bad days / weeks and personally i dont feel am missing out on anything by not doing SW classes or online.

good luck with the weight loss :)

Thanks everyone!
I did slimming world on my own 18 months ago and lost the stone I needed to - so know I can do it. Was just feeling really low yesterday!

However, yesterday afternoon, I wrote myself a slimming world friendly shopping list and today is a new day!

Seemed to have ate loads, but only had 2 syns so far -

Banana
Grapes & melon with Strawberry Muller Light
Toast with small scrapping of Jam
Homemade Veg soup
Ham slices with an extra light Laughing Cow Cheese

Lamb Stew is in the slow cooker and the day is looking alot brighter

Back