Class

Keighley1

Hi there does anyone get fed up of class? Its draining me and I'm not enjoying image therapy after six weeks, I'm finding alot of women crave the attention when it gets to them and they talk for ages about their personal lives!!??Really annoying when I don't want to hear it !! I've lost weight every week so far and am not keen on attending tonight not sure whether to go alone and if that would be enough?

I agree, my class is the same. I normally stay but yesterday I just didn't want to waste my time. It all began that at the WI the weigher was too busy chatting to someone else, she didn't even speak to me or look at me. I had put on 1lb and it is moments like that where I would have thought the point is for someone to say something rather than completely ignore me. And the thing is this would be the week I would like some support but as you say there is a small group of people in my group that either talk for ages or shout out stuff while other people are talking.

I am seriously thinking about doing it at home as £4.95 for getting weigh is just too expensive.

Maybe we could start a Minimins WI session ;)

RANT OVER!!

So glad someone feels the same, I just can't be bothered to hear the drama queens this evening when it has nothing to do with SW!? And I also 495 is wasted when you can weigh at home....
Your idea is a good one, do you fancy staying in touch for that added support?:)

X

Hi both - I gave up going to class due to the fact that our consultant was too concerned about her own weight loss and making sure that she looked ok in her size 10 dress. It just felt like she didn't really care about the rest of us. I've been doing it at home for the past 5 weeks and I've lost 1stone 2lb. Reading people's stories on here gives me the motivation that I never got from class!

I feel the same too. I use it as an excuse tho - If i don't like the class, I stop going, ergo - i no longer follow the diet (not that i'm saying that's what you are doing... but i've done it so many times before, it's unreal).

I've only been going to this new class for a couple of weeks... i've stayed to class everytime (at a fiver a pop - I'm going to get my money's worth!).

First week was just awful - huge class - had to sit through image therapy before the leader had time to go through the plan. And you know which ones in the class are going to dominate... have an opinion on everything. It's so frustrating to have to sit through.

The last twice haven't been so bad to be honest. Mainly because the gobby woman hasn't stayed - yay!! lol

I always have something to read with me... so i can maybe pretend to listen - look interested... but my head is somewhere else!!

Mind you, you can pick up some good tips in body image thingy and there are some lovely ladies in the class, so at the moment, it's bearable...

Please go to class and try your best to stay... bite your tongue and sit there looking serene - even tho your blood could be boiling!!

Amy - what your experienced is just shocking. It's happened to me and it makes you feel completely invisible. If i had the balls I would have said something... but what do we do? Quietly slip away feeling really let down... Just awful service from your class leader.

OK - thats my mini-rant over!!

Lx

I used to go classes many years ago, so I dug out my old books & just doing it from home. I cant afford to go to classes nor have the time as I have a 15mth old to look after! With Support from minimins WE CAN DO IT! There is a weekly weigh in section that you can post your weekly results!

Good Luck xx

emlou119 said:
Hi both - I gave up going to class due to the fact that our consultant was too concerned about her own weight loss and making sure that she looked ok in her size 10 dress. It just felt like she didn't really care about the rest of us. I've been doing it at home for the past 5 weeks and I've lost 1stone 2lb. Reading people's stories on here gives me the motivation that I never got from class!

Well done Em you give me some hope! I've lost 11 1/2 going to class in the last 5 weeks x

I love class. I love the people, I like to share in people's losses and gains and in their lives.
I also like to hear what people have been doing, especially if they have had a good week as it's great to pick up new tips.
If people hog the limelight then the consultant should really move it long a bit - there are people who love to talk and those who say nothing.

Also, I do the weighing at my group and I don't have the time to talk to anyone about their loss or gain. I weigh, write it down, next please......

I agree, Amy, you should have had support, especially if you don't know why you gained - did the consultant not want to talk when it was your turn?

I do think £4.95 is a lot to pay for WI but it's not for that, it's for access to SW website, all the syn values, consultant support during the week and for the support of the group.

If you can do it alone then good on you all! I can't - I need the threat of those scales to keep me going.

Hiya

Thanks for your points, I'm finding this forum very helpful and may stick to just using this but I dunno?? It would be nice to be able to go to class sit there and the class discuss really good recipe ideas etc but I'm finding with my class some girls just show off, laugh at putting weight on??? Aren't doing it seriously, the weigher chats chats chats to her mates!the class is huge and the consultant constantly promotes career days!!???

I dunno undecided lol..... Mini rant over! Lol

I'm doing it at home too using the books from when I joined briefly last year.
Years ago when I lost a lot with SW I used to stay to meetings and enjoyed it.
That was 10 years ago and these days I just find meetings too scary as I have anxiety issues so it suits me to weigh in at home.

madkoi said:
I used to go classes many years ago, so I dug out my old books & just doing it from home. I cant afford to go to classes nor have the time as I have a 15mth old to look after! With Support from minimins WE CAN DO IT! There is a weekly weigh in section that you can post your weekly results!

Good Luck xx

Hiya

Yeah I've joined the Tuesday weighers that's on here, I'm finding this app is fantastic, so great to connect to loads of SW peeps! We can do it but I must admit I'm abit frightened of slipping!:)
Good luck x

So glad someone feels the same, I just can't be bothered to hear the drama queens this evening when it has nothing to do with SW!? And I also 495 is wasted when you can weigh at home....
Your idea is a good one, do you fancy staying in touch for that added support?:)

X

Yes definitely!!!!
I am on this website constantly as all you lovelies are the best support!!!!!
:happy036:

LV30 - it made me feel really insignificant. I would love to do it a home but I believe I would fail. I know there are lots of you out there but I really don't think I could do it, I got to target a few years back, stopped going to class and surprise surprise put it all back on plus an extra stone :(

jaylou said:
I love class. I love the people, I like to share in people's losses and gains and in their lives.
I also like to hear what people have been doing, especially if they have had a good week as it's great to pick up new tips.
If people hog the limelight then the consultant should really move it long a bit - there are people who love to talk and those who say nothing.

Also, I do the weighing at my group and I don't have the time to talk to anyone about their loss or gain. I weigh, write it down, next please......

I agree, Amy, you should have had support, especially if you don't know why you gained - did the consultant not want to talk when it was your turn?

I do think £4.95 is a lot to pay for WI but it's not for that, it's for access to SW website, all the syn values, consultant support during the week and for the support of the group.

If you can do it alone then good on you all! I can't - I need the threat of those scales to keep me going.

Can we have you at our group?! Lol yeah the SW site is really good...... Decisions hate making em!:)

Like Jay i love my group really friendly and i have noticed if someone is harking on the c will move things along. I find classes a HUGE movtivation and makes me compete with myself to loose weight and not to fail :D. Never done a slimming club ever before but this time i thought it fancied a change. Plus though i can exercise my own control sw gives me evewn more and also the support too :D

Hiya

Thanks for your points, I'm finding this forum very helpful and may stick to just using this but I dunno?? It would be nice to be able to go to class sit there and the class discuss really good recipe ideas etc but I'm finding with my class some girls just show off, laugh at putting weight on??? Aren't doing it seriously, the weigher chats chats chats to her mates!the class is huge and the consultant constantly promotes career days!!???

I dunno undecided lol..... Mini rant over! Lol

ah, we have people who don't take it seriously, people who have gone for years and lost the same 7lb over and over. The thing is, as you get to know these people, you probably find it's the only night out they have. It's their social time and if they didn't go each week they may well be 5 stone heavier....

As for the career days, this is what I see as the unfortunate side of SW and the reason I couldn't be a consultant. They have to do the sales pitch, the leafleting, the posters, the recruitment. I don't like that but they do have to do it as part of the job.

The class will get smaller, this is one of the busiest times - a lot will stop coming soon. I've seen it over and over again!!

Bear with it. I suppose I'm a bit biased as I do like the support and I like the people at group. Yep there are those who pee me off but.... we are all there for a reason and I usually leave feeling pretty good.

jaylou said:
ah, we have people who don't take it seriously, people who have gone for years and lost the same 7lb over and over. The thing is, as you get to know these people, you probably find it's the only night out they have. It's their social time and if they didn't go each week they may well be 5 stone heavier....

As for the career days, this is what I see as the unfortunate side of SW and the reason I couldn't be a consultant. They have to do the sales pitch, the leafleting, the posters, the recruitment. I don't like that but they do have to do it as part of the job.

The class will get smaller, this is one of the busiest times - a lot will stop coming soon. I've seen it over and over again!!

Bear with it. I suppose I'm a bit biased as I do like the support and I like the people at group. Yep there are those who pee me off but.... we are all there for a reason and I usually leave feeling pretty good.

Thanks for your advice Jay, perhaps I should go this evening and see how things pan out, possibly gonna get a maintain tonight but least I've committed I suppose. It does annoy me and others with the sales pitches! This is the only consultant we've had that is bad for it, and ive also found out recently each person that attends the career day the consultant gets comission.
So with the other issues I'm not happy with and finding this out it has just unsettled me

:)

Our sw C mentions recruitment very briefly at the start of the session and thats only if there has been new people join the group. Our c has been one for about 20 years and she is good at her job fair play. Perhaps see if there is another group near you which you can attend. In the port there about 10 different groups but the morning one is the only on i can get to :D.

But stick the class out if you can, perhaps convince a friend to join as well and see if you can connect with a few people in group. I think having a good C makes a huge difference on weather you get on with the IMAGE therapy

I'm lucky because at my class people do take it seriously and they don't talk for very long. Just a bit about their eating habits and how well they've followed the plan that week.

It does get a bit boring sometimes but I can't stay for the whole class very often due to my husband not being home from work in time and having the kids with me.

I do like to stay if I can because I find it helps to get me in the right frame of mind and I do pick up bits of info about new things to eat I haven't tried before.
Its interesting to see how everyone else is doing too and quite motivating to see them all shrinking!

i feel the same, the class i go to just goes on and on. i have a 6mth old at home i keep thinking i could be spending the time with her, also our money is short so doing it at home will be better for me but i just need to keep the motivation up as no one else i know needs to lose weight

For all of those who don't really like their Image Therapy... How involved do you get?? If everyone just sits there and doesn't talk, it gets really boring, really quickly.... If everyone talks too much, class goes on, and on, and on!!!
When it's your turn, ask a question to the group.. eg. 'I'm planning on trying different HexB's this week, what does everyone else use theirs on??'
If you want a taster night, ASK FOR ONE!!
Don't like the WI lady? Volunteer for the 'social team' and next week the WI lady could be you!!!!

For all of those unsure as to whether they could still keep losing weight at home.....

Everyone is given 6 weeks of 'holiday' from group.. Instead of leaving group (and possibly finding that you can't do it alone) why not use your remaining holiday as a block of 3/4/5/6 weeks and try following the plan at home? That way, if it works, you've saved some money straight away and if it doesn't work, you can always go back to group. It's easier because you haven't got the whole 'But I LEFT..' mentality to get over and you can still keep your history.

HTH

Back