Class

For all of those who don't really like their Image Therapy... How involved do you get?? If everyone just sits there and doesn't talk, it gets really boring, really quickly.... If everyone talks too much, class goes on, and on, and on!!!
When it's your turn, ask a question to the group.. eg. 'I'm planning on trying different HexB's this week, what does everyone else use theirs on??'
If you want a taster night, ASK FOR ONE!!
Don't like the WI lady? Volunteer for the 'social team' and next week the WI lady could be you!!!!

For all of those unsure as to whether they could still keep losing weight at home.....

Everyone is given 6 weeks of 'holiday' from group.. Instead of leaving group (and possibly finding that you can't do it alone) why not use your remaining holiday as a block of 3/4/5/6 weeks and try following the plan at home? That way, if it works, you've saved some money straight away and if it doesn't work, you can always go back to group. It's easier because you haven't got the whole 'But I LEFT..' mentality to get over and you can still keep your history.

HTH

You're right and I might just take your advice on taking maybe 3 weeks to see how I get on at home. Will I need to get some better scales?
My home ones are WW.

I love class particularly as I've won the raffle a fair few times lately! I've won a steamer, a hamper of fruit and a wok filled with Chinese stuff!

Sometimes I wonder why I pay to go and get weighed etc when I could in lots of ways do it alone but the threat of those scales also keeps me going on plan. I also get a lot from group, sometimes I don't but for the times I do its worth staying.
We are all different and give and take different things from group and groups not for some of us at all. Some people bore me and annoy me at group but mostly they are on a journey the same as me. I have changed loads since I joined and have offered and taken different things in different ways from group over the time. I used to be very quiet and sit at the back and now I've got to know people there I am sometimes annoying and talk too much and our C makes a joke out of it and moves things along in her way and tries to get others to talk that really don't want to or who are too shy to.
Se how it goes and do whats best for you :)

I know where your coming from, i always went to class and one in particular was taken over by a woman and how much she had drank at the weekend but couldnt understand why she wasnt losing weight. Time and tome again most of image therapy spent on this woman!. Its disheartening, im not great speaking in front of people i dont know but sometimes its why bother

This time i have a holiday in august so every Monday im transfering £5 into my savings account, plus a pound per pound from hubby instead of going to class. Instead of just the pounds dropping of they will be going up for holiday clothes !! calculated in class fees alone i will have £135 woo hoo

I know where your coming from, i always went to class and one in particular was taken over by a woman and how much she had drank at the weekend but couldnt understand why she wasnt losing weight. Time and tome again most of image therapy spent on this woman!. Its disheartening, im not great speaking in front of people i dont know but sometimes its why bother

This time i have a holiday in august so every Monday im transfering £5 into my savings account, plus a pound per pound from hubby instead of going to class. Instead of just the pounds dropping of they will be going up for holiday clothes !! calculated in class fees alone i will have £135 woo hoo

Oh I like this £5 in a pot idea, I can afford £5 a week but it just seems like such a waste of time and money, however like Emsie the threat of the scales keep me on track. Maybe I should get someone to weight me.... OH or friend.xxx

Oh I like this £5 in a pot idea, I can afford £5 a week but it just seems like such a waste of time and money, however like Emsie the threat of the scales keep me on track. Maybe I should get someone to weight me.... OH or friend.xxx

If the threat of the scales helps keep you on track hun, it's not a waste of time or money :D

Im doing it from home at the moment but after I've been on hols in April I'll be paying to go to my local club at the moment I have the motivation and haven't got the funds! After the holiday I figure a kick start would be good and I'll have free cash again.

I think giving it a few weeks more is a good idea. I think there is a lot to be said for the threat of the scales <evil laugh> lol.

mjmummy said:
i feel the same, the class i go to just goes on and on. i have a 6mth old at home i keep thinking i could be spending the time with her, also our money is short so doing it at home will be better for me but i just need to keep the motivation up as no one else i know needs to lose weight

Yeah same here hun, this app is brill though to keep connected I'm finding x

julesmorris said:
I love class particularly as I've won the raffle a fair few times lately! I've won a steamer, a hamper of fruit and a wok filled with Chinese stuff!

Wow Julie your raffle prizes are fabulous! Much better than ours! Lol x

*Emsie* said:
Sometimes I wonder why I pay to go and get weighed etc when I could in lots of ways do it alone but the threat of those scales also keeps me going on plan. I also get a lot from group, sometimes I don't but for the times I do its worth staying.
We are all different and give and take different things from group and groups not for some of us at all. Some people bore me and annoy me at group but mostly they are on a journey the same as me. I have changed loads since I joined and have offered and taken different things in different ways from group over the time. I used to be very quiet and sit at the back and now I've got to know people there I am sometimes annoying and talk too much and our C makes a joke out of it and moves things along in her way and tries to get others to talk that really don't want to or who are too shy to.
Se how it goes and do whats best for you :)

Thanks Emsie I've not gone this evening and have decided to go alone with hubbie since he's Loosing too x

jaxmummy said:

Yep I'm doing exactly the same Jax! I experience exactly the same problems at class! I get involved plenty but the people that waffle on really annoys me when it's nothing to do with SW! x

Amy2249 said:

I'm doing the fiver in a pot! Great idea x

I have gone to other classes like WW in the past, do fine when I am weighing in at class and then get complacent and think I can do this alone at home and save money. It never works out, I always give up and end up putting on more weight. So I will stay to I T just to make sure I get the most out of class.

Have to say i didn't like it the first few weeks as everyone seemed to know each other, but last week was a little better.

I'd be so bored in class if all people talked about was what they ate that week....

For me IT isn't just about getting weighed and then going through it and blah blah blah. It's about catching up with the people you only see once a week. You get more out of group if you enjoy the social aspect as much as you fear the scales.

I've been to SW once before and never stayed to group and obviously I fell off the bandwagon. If your thinking of going alone, just ponder this... what happens if you gain, or maintain? Do you think you'll have the willpower to carry on with the plan? Do you think you'll just gradually slip back into old habits.

If you can honestly say no to those questions, then go it alone, but most of us don't have the willpower... thats why we needed to go to group in the first place!

xx

P.s whats all this about a sales pitch?? My C has only once asked us to come say hello to her in Tesco when she was canvassing....

I loved my class up until all the new people started early january and has continued with lots of new peole each week since - the people are nice - don't get me wrong, but the class is just too too big now ................

PLUS a few people who all know each other have returned after about 8 months of not going to class - they have completely and utterly taken over - they have ousted the social team - they've taken over the selling of the shop stuff and weigh in - and payment and raffle etc etc.....................it's really doing my head in.

I only lost half a pound tonight - have struggled really since Christmas - I text my C last week and didn't get a response back - it seems that the newbies are much more important than my fiver a week.

I can't do it alone as I have done that before stopped going to class and regained the weight which is what i do not want to do.

bit fed up now.

I think I'd really struggle with image therapy as I'm the sort of person who fast forwards through the bit at the beginning of quiz shows. I don't want to know about your personal life- just get on with it! But also I get quite anxious meeting new people so I don't know if it would benefit my weight loss.

Just a quick note to all those people 'whinging' about IMAGE therapy! It stands for Individual Motivation And Group Experience so surely that means people get individual attention and then ideas are banded around the group!!

Just a quick note to all those people 'whinging' about IMAGE therapy! It stands for Individual Motivation And Group Experience so surely that means people get individual attention and then ideas are banded around the group!!

True but not when 1 or 2 individuals take up a whole class

It is interesting to see how different the experiences people have at class each week. I used to go to a class and there was no raffle, no tasters, no social team and no teas and coffees, BUT we did have a consultant who was very experienced and I always came away with at least one thing to try or something motivational. She never followed the head office way of running image therapy and obviously spent a lot of time planning our topic each week. Interestingly her area manager would sometimes sit in and take loads of notes on her sessions.
When she handed the class over (she was only temp cover) we got another lady and there was the raffle and other things we never had, but image therapy was a case of how was your week, what can you do to improve if it was bad and that was it. People stopped coming and I know, as others have said that you only get out what you put in, but I do think that there are some excellent classes out there and possibly too many mediocre ones, why? I don't know. SW works and if you have a great consultant all the better, but it would be great if everyone paying their money got the same quality of experience.

Stackhead said:
I'd be so bored in class if all people talked about was what they ate that week....

For me IT isn't just about getting weighed and then going through it and blah blah blah. It's about catching up with the people you only see once a week. You get more out of group if you enjoy the social aspect as much as you fear the scales.

I've been to SW once before and never stayed to group and obviously I fell off the bandwagon. If your thinking of going alone, just ponder this... what happens if you gain, or maintain? Do you think you'll have the willpower to carry on with the plan? Do you think you'll just gradually slip back into old habits.

If you can honestly say no to those questions, then go it alone, but most of us don't have the willpower... thats why we needed to go to group in the first place!

xx

P.s whats all this about a sales pitch?? My C has only once asked us to come say hello to her in Tesco when she was canvassing....

Hi Stackhead

My C mentions career days before class every week!

Back