Clothes shopping craziness!!

aloofasc

Went shopping today, and went crazy bought four items of clothes all different sizes! Jeans size 14, jeans size 16, jumper size 18 and lastly a dress size 20! Twas a very interesting experience! Anyone else had similar? Been on weight watcher since sept and lost over 2 stone, but seem to be buying the same size, well except for the size 14 jeans! :)

Well done on your weight loss and size 14 jeans:happy096:

Yes it is a common complaint:sigh:

Yip all clothes shops are different. I find that things in the younger shops are smaller. Clothes from all 'different age group' shops are more generous (like Dorthy perkins) and places like Marks and Spencers and Dunnes are normal. I can wear a 10 from M&S but I'm a 12 in River Island and Topshop. I've a size 14 dress from river Island too that fits perfect, but my jeans from there are a 12. Its frustrating but I don't go by size anymore, I buy what I feel comfortable in no matter whats on the label xx

Well Done on your loss:D

Yeah , i find it too, sometimes, when you pick a size up.. thinking they are all the same and are dissapointed, it just depends xxx

Yep have found that, I own size 18 jeans and work trousers (yay Primark), size 16 tops as I mostly get stretchy ones, a size 14 top (my favourite top ever and not just because of the size!), and the other day my mum gave me one of her jumpers which is a size 12, and it just looks a tiny bit tight but not so much you'd say it doesn't fit, I reckon once I get this bit of weight off which I put on while off plan it will look fine!

I'm trying not to be too obsessed by sizes as I spent my time desperately finding 18s that fit when I should have probably been a 22! But I must admit it's nice when the smaller sizes fit, however out of place they seem!

Yepp definetly, look at your loss - you have done fabulous :)!

Its been weird when i have been clothes shopping cus in some shops a 14 dress fits me, then another a size 16 dress doesnt...its like wtf!! I know it depends on the cut and stuff..but i only wear dresses and tend to go with ones that have stretch so have been buying size 14s that will hopefully last me for a bit while im losing the weight!! :) it is frustrating though cus i never know wat size to pick up!!

Back