Cocoa powder?

mismax

I tried Atkins before and so I have some cocoa powder in the cupboard from Aldi that is 0.7g carbs per teaspoon. It was recommended by people who were doing induction phase Atkins so I presume it doesn't knock you out of ketosis. It can't have sugar or anything in it if carbs are so low.

I don't really like tea or coffee so haven't been drinking my milk allowance each day. I tried it yesterday heated up with a spoon of cocoa and a spoon of coffee in it - yum!

Before I get addicted to this new found treat - is there a down side that I'm missing?

If it is ok then then I was also thinking I could use it to flavour the oatmeal as a variation on the mixed spice that I use at the moment.

At the end of the day it will be a matter for personal judgement - no one can tell you that it's officially "ok" to have it, as it's not on the allowed foods list, but plenty of people use little extras here and there which aren't officially authorised without it playing havoc with their losses.

If you try it and find it doesn't affect your results on the scales, then you probably aren't doing much harm.

Have had the odd spoonful of cocoa, it's not thrown me out of ketosis

Thanks - I think I will take the chance and see how I go:)

Back