Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Morning Susie and DK, I had a great sleep. Fell asleep in front of the tv watching 'the bridge' danish cop drama thing.

It's actually sunny again, although a slight frost so can still have a fire lol.

No probs on cd.

feeling rubbish after eating so many carbs this weekend so plan is to cut right back to a manageable 50-70 ish again -any lower and I feel too tired- and keep fat at a reasonable level and veg unlimited.

What's everyone up to today? xx

B- 2 quorn sausages in 1/2 lavash lc wrap, mush, onion & peppers
L- salad with chicken and a cashew nut butter, sesame ginger garlic dressing will post recipe if anyone wants it.
D- aubergine parmesan

Ooooh that salad sounds delish - yes, do please post!

Now the housework is (nearly) done, I am spending the day reading and making a list of induction-friendly food I can take on the coach trip to Provence - two days on a bus and no access to a microwave will require some extra planning :)

Morning Val.... Mmm - lovely sounding salad ! Hope you have a great day! Xx

Here the recipe although I thought it was too sharp with the rice vinegar so may use red wine vinegar or add a bit of splenda to cut it or decrease the amount. Great over chicken salad with lots of shredded cabbage. x

SALAD DRESSING: 1 tablespoon Cashew Nut butter 4 tablespoons Rice Wine vinegar Juice of one lime 1 tsp. ground ginger 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 tsp. lime zest 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil Whisk together ingredients until well blended and set aside.

Ooh Val! Stick that dressing on the recipe section sounds too good to lose! Xx

Evening Val, how's it all going?

Morning all I've not disappeared just so much going on.

My son has been accepted to a uni in america so is leaving in august for his big adventure. I'm so proud of him and happy for him, but will miss him so much I can't really think about it. As long as he's safe, healthy and happy it's all I want for him. I think he's going to love it. :) :(

Trouble is I can't even remember what it is I like to do my life has been so wrapped up with him, in the best way and I've every single second of it.

Food has been kind of all over the place and don't know what to do, but I felt my very best keeping carbs at around 70 and exercising like a maniac,so back to mfp it really helps me loads.

Sorry to vent, just all getting to me that I have just a few months left of living with this amazing young man.

Will post food later.

Hope you all have a good day. :)

Oh bless you Val... It's a tough time seeing them leave home but if he's anything like my son, we're just as close and i think it makes you appreciate each other more... in fact he's in my attic at the moment! But he had to leave initially for education and career reasons...

Sounds like you need a trip to the States in the Fall? Xxxx

Morning Val, I feel your joy and pain, . What a fantastic achievement for your son, so very hard to see him grow, but what a great parent you are to have given him the confidence and self belief to enable him to do this at 18. The world has become a small place with Internet, skype etc and think of the great holidays you will have visiting him. Big hugs :)

Thanks Sandra and Di for your very kind words. xxx

OMG back on track and breakfast was lush.

B- mush, spinach chorizo & scrambled eggs with philly grilled peppers cheese melted in.
L- greek salad
D- paella w/chorizo, chicken, prawns and cauli rice

aww hun, i liken your situation to when my daughter and the children moved away,although only
to Brighton..i know not that far in comparison but still....oh dear i'm going to cry lol....
he'll love it,life experiences time of his life,you'll pick up honest....it will just take a little time,
and i think as long as you have friends you can conquer(sp) anything.
xxxx

well i know she's not as far....but still i didn't think she would go,but for the children to be out of london,
not a bad thing at all.

so true, any separation is painful. I hear from other parents that even if they go to a uni in the uk, they never see them until holidays anyhow.

My parents are just an hour & half flight from where he'll be so I guess if he's home sick can jump on a plane to see them. x

Back