Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Morning all, warning long post to follow but wanted to do a summary of my first JUDDD week.

My first WI day on JUDDD and I'm pleased to have lost just over 4lbs Next week will the the telling one. If I lose at least 1 or 2lbs then this is the woe for me.

I have to say I was a little hungry on my DD, but surprisingly looked forward to them and could manage quite well with the help of the lc wraps, tortillas and shirataki noodles. So I'm a happy JUDDDer this morning.

The only carbs I had on my UP days was rice and lc wraps, tortillas, potato and corn. I stayed away from wheat and sweets but tend to do that no matter what plan I'm on.

Had my first DD out and about shopping yesterday and was a in a panic but ate at the chinese buffet with son and had a salad then some veg and rice and even a bit of battered chicken. I figure that yesterday was more like 600 calories, but I didn't stress about it.

Strangely I did struggle to eat as much as I was supposed to on UP days but I realize it's the difference in calories that makes it work, so ate until I was full and tried to get my allowance in. Enjoyed every minute though.

For those of you interesting in the stats part of it, this is how my week averaged:

On DD I averaged 401 calories 41 grams carbs and 20 grams fat
On UP I averaged 1476 calories 153 grams carbs and 57 grams fat

I've only had 2 UP days but only been on this woe since Monday so not a full week yet by any means.

Today is an UP day and I will have some nice meals but prob no wine.

Will keep up my diary, but won't detail what I eat as it's not Atkins. I will continue to log on mfp

Have a good start to the weekend everyone X

B-- veggie hot dog w/beans & cottage cheese
L- a wrap sandwich w/meat and veg
D- maybe risotto w/chicken and veg or meat w/veg
S- yogurt and fruit

Last edited:
Well done Val! That's fantastic, sounds like this could really work for you. I do like the sound of it and the food sounds delicious! I must get some shirataki noodles, do you get them on low carb megastore?
Have a lovely day x

I'm loving it at the moment Sandra. Yes lcm store, they used to have a fishy odor, which I couldn't stomach but it seems they've found of a way of eliminating it. It's not like real pasta, but only 20 calories and 0 carbs for a pack and they're very filling. Here's the blurb about them.

Thin, long, translucent noodles made from very fine strands of a gelatinous substance called glucomannan, which is taken from the "devil's tongue plant" (Japanese yam), also known as Konjac or konnyaku. Their texture is slightly rubbery and they don't have a flavor of their own, but they pick up the flavor of the broth or other ingredients in the dish in which they are simmered. These are packaged in water and should be drained and rinsed thoroughly before use.

Thanks Val, will try them, love the sound of your food!
Damp and miserable here :(
Have a good weekend x

Woohoo well done on the 4lbs Val - that is brilliant!

Really sounds like you're settling into JUDDD really well, good luck with week 2 :)

I get my shirataki noodles from zeronoodles.com - they do discounts every so often so I bulk buy then.

Yay for the loss! 4lbs is great and if you've found a diet that's inspiring you and you can stick to I'm sure you'll continue to rock it.

Well done on the weight shift Val! Finally the result you've been looking for.

I get my shirataki noodles from Amazon.

Thanks everyone, will be an interesting second week.

Weird day. Woke up to cat poo all over the dining room floor. The cats (and I) have both decided we don't like clumping litter so off to 'pets at home' this morning then tesco.

It's the first time in ages I've been out without son and it was strange being on my own. Better get used to it as he's leaving in august :(

Watched 'bridesmaids' last night and lmao. Great saturday night film.

A DD today so about 600 calories for me. Should prob be 500, but I'm relaxed about it.

Have a good sunday everyone. X

cat poopsies hmmmmmm gross mate,poor kitties must have been distressed !

Ewww not nice - I tried to use recycled paper litter for Orbs but she wasn't having it, because it stuck to her paws I think.

Hi Val. Sorry to hear about poo.. Nothing quite like it.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and that the damage is small.

Hmmmmmmm!!!! My cat still remembers fondly shi**ing in my brand new leather handbag full of my makeup, wallet keys etc that was up on the kitchen worktop when the OH locked her in the kitchen accidentally one night!!!

Notimpressed.com

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmmmmmmm!!!! My cat still remembers fondly shi**ing in my brand new leather handbag full of my makeup, wallet keys etc that was up on the kitchen worktop when the OH locked her in the kitchen accidentally one night!!!

Notimpressed.com

i tried to snigger quietly to that......but i couldn't...sorry
then the more i thought about it,the more i realised cat poopsie in ones handbag
is just wrong on every level,naughty kitty could have gone in the sink at least.
may i ask how.........actually i'll pass on that.

LOL Jo that is so awful - cats can be world class at getting their own back - shame the cat didn't pick on something owned by the OH though! :)

Afternoon Val :)

Who me??? Hhhhmmmmmm butter wouldn't melt!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2867502169.jpg
    image-2867502169.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 32
Awww she's so cute!!!!!!! What a sweetie - but one who understands revenge all too well! :D

I can spend hours patting Orbs and cosying up, then I look away and look back suddenly...and my eyes meet the eyes of pure evil, a malevolent being intent on taking over Planet Earth :D

Lol at evil beings;) I must admit my boys are actually as cute and stupid as they look! Think it's because they never had a cat mother (rescue kittens) so truly believe me and DH are mummy:)

Morning everyone, haven't abandoned my diary, but weirdly, haven't been getting notifications on mine??

Love the handbag story Jo, and he/she is gorgeous. I'm sure all is forgiven.

I'm still on JUDDD and enjoying this woe, even the down days are very manageable. Second WI on Friday and don't know if I've lost anything this week, but feel thinner.

3 beautiful sunny days in a row here and I'm loving it. Been reading in the garden and not much else. Back to work tomorrow, fri and sat.

Last edited:
Back