Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Wow Val that will be a really emotional journey, so do you still have family in USA?
You are doing so well on your up and down eating, I am still low carbing , but no weightloss for some time, I do feel much slimmer though. Enjoy the sunshine whilst it lasts, it's peeking through the clouds here too :)

I hear the thing to do in Chicago is get deep dish pizza ;) I've never been but would love to. Do you think your son will like America? Their unis seem to have a very different culture to ours, despite what we see in frat house movies.

Yes ML, defo on the deep dish pizza and a 'chicago relish' hot dog yum.

He's only spent about 2 months total in America over the years on holiday, but always says he feels more at home there. I know the grass is greener and until he lives there he won't know, and he will have bad days when he wishes he was home, but I do think he'll love living there. If he doesn't he knows he can always come back. ;)

Their unis are quite different, I think because everyone (unless your from the immediate area ) has to live on campus for the first 2 years so there's a lot of stuff going on, and the sports teams are quite prominent. No frat house on his campus lol.

My biggest hope is he stays safe and happy.

He will be safe hun, I'm sure you've taught him well :)

Glad JUDDD is going well and you've been enjoying the sunshine - and YES to the road trip :) Cadillac convertible??? :D

Morning everyone. Been 100% on JUDDD and another pound off. 8lbs from goal.

Have to say I feel like I lost more, I've got that kind of 'thin' feeling, which I get even after an 'up' day. Still really happy eating this way. Bought the book and have to say it's really not worth it, you can get most info on forums and he even gives you the formula and info on his site so really no need to. Another one to collect dust.

My appetite has definitely diminished, which is saying something. Think there maybe something to this 'skinny gene' thing.

Not much planned for the weekend and weather is dire and downright freezing.

Have a good weekend everyone X

Well done Val, you are doing so well, still no more off for me! Like you I feel slimmer and can definitely see a change in my body shape, need a kickstart again to shift a few more pounds!
Pouring with rain here and so grey and miserable outside, off to work in a bit :(
Take care, have a good day x

Morning Val, great to hear it's working for you. Well done sticking to it! And not far to go.......

I had the thin feeling earlier this week. Got into my Gok Wan trousers at last. However I got carried away and the M&S ones in the same size are still too tight harumph!

Well done, Val - you're doing brilliantly on this plan, and it sounds like it suits you.

Gotta say, I'm very tempted to try it at some point, probably when I'm about a stone from goal as that's when it gets really difficult.

How do you handle the down days, by the way? Do you spread your food out over the day or leave it as long as possible before eating? (I've noticed some people in the JUDDD forum prefer to do the latter)

I had the thin feeling earlier this week. Got into my Gok Wan trousers at last. However I got carried away and the M&S ones in the same size are still too tight harumph!

Well done on getting into the Gok trousers :) I find M&S ones can run smaller than most.

How do you handle the down days, by the way? Do you spread your food out over the day or leave it as long as possible before eating? (I've noticed some people in the JUDDD forum prefer to do the latter)

When I'm working I have to eat breakfast because it could be up to 6 hours before lunch and I need my energy, but on days off, I try to leave it to later in the day before eating. DD are getting easier, especially knowing I can have a right pig out the next day, although the first couple were a bit rough. :)

Hi Coffeelover,

I am fed up jumping between Exante & binging & ending up bigger at the end of each week. Having lost weight a few years ago on Atkins, I know I like the low carb way of life. It's the fast results that keep drawing me to VLCD's but I don't have the will power to stick to them anymore.

I have been reading up on the JUDDD diet as this seems to be a way of eating that could be followed for life. How are you finding the combination of low carb & JUDDD? Also could you give me some examples of the food you would eat on a DD.

Thanks

Hi Coffeelover,

I have been reading up on the JUDDD diet as this seems to be a way of eating that could be followed for life. How are you finding the combination of low carb & JUDDD? Also could you give me some examples of the food you would eat on a DD.

Thanks

Hi WB It can be a bit tough on a DD. Dr J recommends that you have shakes on the DD for 2 weeks because it's easier to keep track of what you eating but I love my food too much and I'm really good about entering everything on mfp. Not everyone does the shakes. Saying that I had an Atkins shake in the fridge and had it the other day on the way to work and I can see where it would be helpful to have some. This strict part of the plan is only for 2 weeks, and you can adjust it to be higher calorie if you want. He gives you all the info on his site, you just plug your weight, height etc in and it's free!

I'm staying away from wheat, but having rice, some potato and higher carb veg. I would say I average between 50-70 carbs on a DD and 60-160 on an UP day.

Today is a DD and I didn't eat until about 11 am. I just wasn't hungry I had 3 wheat free crispbreads with 2 laughing cow cheese. For lunch I had a low carb pitta bread w/ a couple slices of ham and lots of veg. For dinner I'm having a stir fry with a half pack each of lemon pepper prawns, stir fry veg and rice. For a snack I had some raw veg, 2 poppadums, an options hot choc w/ sf toffee syrup. mfp has it at 572 calories. It's a bit over what I wanted but I'm fine with that. Soup is really good and filling too. Most days I'm just over or under 500. My up days are about 1600.

Knowing I can have whatever I want tomorrow is the real motivator for me, I couldn't do it without that.

I have to say it's really freed me from food demons and obsessing about food completely and I'm loving it. There's a JUDDD thread on the 'low carb friends' site and many are doing it strictly low carb, some are not and some like me in between.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Thanks for your reply CL, it's much appreciated. I'm going to give low carb JUDDDing a go. Will start a diary in the JUDDD section. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the DD's knowing that there is an UD not far away.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

WB

Yep I'm going to try it out too - UD today and a million calories - ok 2520! :D

Going to get soups and shakes ready for tomorrow, but worked out I can also have a tuna salad, happy days.

Val - do you purposefully go low carb on your UDs? Or is that to keep the cal level up? Be prepared for MANY questions! :D

Back