Cokes- back to it

Thanks Bren & Susie. Lindsay has done very well. She is a veggie and I thought she might struggle a bit but she's doing really well.

The netball woman emailed me back and I can go along to the session on Thursday. I'm kind of excited and kind of scared. I used to love netball and was on school teams until high school. I got put off by this other girl in the team she started getting really *****y and aggressive, back then I was quite shy and didn't stand up for myself and I walked away from it. Different story now. I would love to play against her and throw the ball at her stupid face! Ha ha ha. Anyway I feel like a school girl again, I hope everyone is nice though, and not super trim. I want it to be fun and not too competitive. Fingers crossed

Oh I used to love netball at school. What sort of menus is your SiL eating, as a veggie? I don't eat much meat so I'm always curious. Does she use quorn?

Well done to the whole family:)

Be careful getting back into netball - it's a bit like squash with potentially sharp sudden movements - and if you haven't played for a while you can injure yourself (unfortunately for my friend and it was all horrible and took ages to recover!). So lots of warm up and dont push yourself to start :eek:

Hi Rosebug & Katie

Yes I think Lindsay is still eating quorn. My MiL is coming over later so I will ask her for a more indepth menu of what Lindsay is eating.

Re the netball, I'm so excited. I'm sure we will be warming up, but I'll be a bit warm getting there anyway as I'll just walk over it's not too far. I like to think that I'm getting slightly fitter with all the walking I'm doing. My legs are definately more toned :) It's a Back to Netball scheme to encourage people back to the game so I'm sure there probably will be a few people like me there.

Better do my walk count for yesterday. 40 mins morning walk, 20 mins to shops, 110 afternoon walk, 40 mins to John's nannas. So thats 210 mins for yesterday. So total for May so far is 1265 :D

Right gonna be a busy day today so I probably won't be stopping in much, apologies, but I'll still be on track. Have a great day

Morning Rachel,

I thought quorn was quite carby?

Hi Jim
I'm not sure cos I don't eat it but my MiL is figuring out portions for my sis in law, so I think she figured it out ok as shes getting really good with labels. She is having tofu as well which isn't too bad, and eating eggs and salad. Obviously there'll be more she's eating but I haven't actually seen her in a while and its just what my MiL tells me. She must be doing ok anyway as she had a good loss, hopefully she can get adventurous with the veggie stuff and keep going. I know I couldn't do it without meat though!

I've had an awful day. Good job my MiL came this afternoon. My inlaws are great it's my own family that are crazy, I really should only see them every few months or something as I get so stressed around them. My MiL gave me a hug, I'm glad she came over.

Gonna try and relax tonight. Got some Tuna steaks that were "whoops" in asda so got them for virtually nowt and I love tuna steak. Also on whoops was a packet of salad/ stirfry stuff with pak choi and other stuff in. So I'm really looking forward to my dinner.

Walking wise my count for today is about 130 mins so total for May so far will be 1395 minutes :)

Ooh dinner sounds great. Enjoy :D

1.15 am I'm awake. I've got a pain in my left arm all the way to my fingertips. No chest pain or anything, not having a heart attack or anything! Just been getting worse over the evening now I can't sleep. I hope its gone by tomorrow I wanna play netball tomorrow. The only thing Ive done is got a scratch on that hand, nothing else I haven't bumped it or anything. Not expecting an answer here, just venting as I can't sleep :(

Hi All!
Since I'm awake in the middle of the night Ive been catching up on the news. Type Ian Faletto into a search engine and read his story. Poor bloke worked for south west trains for years. Sees a shopping trolley on the line, common sense says remove it to avoid an accident. So the bloke asks for the power to be shut off and removes the trolley. Lives saved, yes? Well apparently South West Trains are saying he breached health and safety and sacked him. What a bunch of t**ts. I have emailed south west trains in disgust and shared the story with all on facebook so I thought I'd share it here. The world has truely gone mad! :mad:

5 am. Sleep fairy forgot me. Arm still hurts :confused::cry::badmood::argh::grumble:

morning! just catching up on your diary (been very busy lately, not been online much) well done on you and your family for your losses, great encouragement for you all doing it together too!
now, your arm.....is it red? swollen? how did you get the scratch? is is a 'dirty wound'? ie did you do it in the garden, or is it an animal scratch? if so, go see your dr, in case it is infected and spreading. (sorry, but nurse's are never off duty!)

Morning Marty

The scratch was from one of my pooches, I don't even remember it happening and only really noticed it when my arm started hurting. Its a very small scratch with only 2 small bits where the skin has been broken enough to draw blood (dry now). The scratch is on my hand and my forearm look very slightly red, but my skin is dry so it may just be that. Thank you for the advice, so kind of you x

Forgot to say the pain feels like when I broke my other wrist, like the feeling of your arm swelling, but it doesn't really look swollen :confused:

Just phoned docs, I'm in for 10.30. It just seems to have come on quite suddenly I could have only got the scratch yesterday. God knows what's on the doggies paws like. One of them had a dead bird yesterday, urrggh just shuddered. Hope I haven't got dead bird germs in me :9529:

Oh dear! I'm sure they'll sort it out for you. But try not to think of dead bird germs yuk!!
Caught Emma munching on something last night during her walk. Shouted and pulled her away but she'd already scoffed it. She woke me by stinking out the bedroom this morning!

Dogs are such scruffs and we love them anyway :) Stinky wind and all

I love dogs but have cats myself, including a new addition of my bfs which isn't going too well lol. You're dogs are gorgeous though Rachel.

Doctor ran very late this morning so I was out ages. Prior to going I had to take the doggies for a short jaunt to the field. Big mistake, the pain of movement of my wrist brought on big time nausea and I was sick twice in the field :jelous: Doggies tried to look after me but we went straight home( field is only a minute away from my house). I feel so guilty that I haven't took them out this afternoon. They haven't even made a whimper either, its like they are being kind to me.

Anyway at the docs she was a bit unsure. She agreed it could possibly be an infection due to pain and swelling and injury, and I think the nausea as well. She was prodding away and I thought I was gonna be sick in there too. She gave me antibiotics just in case.

Another possibility is that, I should mention here that I have inflamitory bowel disease and it's started having a flair up, sometimes you can get a type of arthritis associated with IBD.

Basically I have to take the antibiotics, take painkillers and see if thing improves. If they don't or become worse I need to go back.

Seriously hope I don't have the arthritis thing. I'm only 29. The pain is awful. Apparently it can come and go along with IBD symptoms, it can be severe or mild. So who knows. Hopefully its an infection and it will clear up.

While I was at the chemist I got weighed and I lost 1lb. Can't say I'm very impressed as I've been really quite good this week. I'm wondering if the IBD flare up might be causing me to not get all my nutrients from the food. Does anyone know if this might affect my ketosis/ fat burning?

I'm also wondering if the severe lower back pain I had earlier this year might have been related to all of this, as no definitive cause was found, not that they did many tests I just went away and took the painkillers until it seemed to go away itself.

Over the last 3 years I have also been hospitalised numerous times with abdominal pain (but upper right quadrant usually), with no real outcome other than my pancreas looked enlarged on one scan and my amylase (sp?) was a little raised, but not high enough for what they consider pancreatitis. Just wondering if all of this is adding up to being related to the inflamatory aspect.

Feel rubbish. I did manage to eat a little earlier but think thats all I'll manage for the rest of the day. Nothing to add to my walk count either :cry:

:banghead:

Back