Colonic Irrigation anyone .....??? :o)

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Hi Guys!!

I've done a search on this but I can't find anything recent ...

I feel as though this TFR thing is such a great detox that I find myself wondering whether a colonic might just make sure that everything is flushed out - literally! :flirt2:

I can't believe I'm considering this as I've always shuddered at the very thought but it somehow feels as though it might be a good idea ......

..... any thoughts anyone? xx

it is something that i have previously thought about! but think that i may be too chicken! i have thought about the colonic massage though!

Never heard of that ... what is it? x

Jan, I am so going to do it! Just before I refeed for good in July I am going to have one done to make sure that everything is completely cleaned out! I am really excited about it - I know how sad that sounds but I imagine it will feel like a fresh start! Almost like doing a spring clean LOL

Jan, I am so going to do it! Just before I refeed for good in July I am going to have one done to make sure that everything is completely cleaned out! I am really excited about it - I know how sad that sounds but I imagine it will feel like a fresh start! Almost like doing a spring clean LOL

My thoughts precisely ..... I think it may also be another factor to inhibit the desire to put those toxins back in - well - not too quickly anyway! ;)

Great idea actually Jan, love the spring clean idea! wonder if anyone on here has had one and can share their experience!:8855:

I had never thought about it, but I dont think I would consider having it done, but good luck if you do go ahead.

Katc i saw that on supersize v superskinny it looked great, after wards her waist was 4inches smaller!!!!! xxx

Id love to give it a go i bet you'd feel so cleansed after it! its about £70 though isnt it?

I don't know how much it is to be honest .... It'd only be a one-off thing though (I hesitate to call it a 'treat'! :))

I dont really know much about this (excuse my ignorance) but wouldnt a few laxatives do the same thing?

Dont shout at me Jan, just too lazy to look it up in Google haha.

Me?????? Shout??????? ;)

Actually I'm grateful because you made me look!! :) I found this ....

Why not use enemas, suppositories or laxatives instead?

Well, every thing has its proper place, but those things really aren't substitutes for colonics. Enemas are useful for emptying the rectum (the lowest 8 to 12 inches of the colon). Usually, one or two pints of water are used to do that. Suppositories are intended to accomplish the same task. Laxatives particularly herbal laxatives, are formulated for various purposes, such as: to undo the effects of temporary constipation, to build up the tone of the colon muscle, etc. But the Rolls Royce of colon cleansing without question is colonic hydrotherapy.

What makes a colonic so special?

In a 45 minute session approximately 15 gallons of water is used to gently flush the colon. Through appropriate use of massage, pressure points, etc., the colon therapist is able to work loose and eliminate far more toxic waste than any other short-term technique.

What will colonics do to the colon?

Specifically, a colonic is used to accomplish the following:

1. Cleanse the Colon: Toxic material is broken down so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Even debris built up over a long period is gently, but surely removed in the process of a series of treatments. Once impacted material is removed, your colon can begin again to co-operate as it was intended to. In this very real sense a colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.

2. It Exercises the Colon Muscles: The build up of toxic debris weakens the colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improves peristaltic (muscular contraction) activity by which the colon naturally moves material.

3. It Reshapes the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape which in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with the massage techniques of the colon therapist helps to eliminate bulging pockets of waste and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the colon to resume its natural state.

4. It Stimulates Reflex Points: Every system and organ of the body is connected to the colon by reflex points colonic stimulates these points, thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way.

Are there any additional benefits I might expect from a colonic?

Yes, there are several. Working with a skilled therapist a colonic can be a truly enlightening educational process. You will learn to expand your awareness of your body's functioning by including signals from your abdomen, your skin, your face and even from that most taboo of natural products, your elimination's. You will find that you can spot the beginnings of developing conditions through clues from these body regions and functions before they become serious. You can deal with them sooner and more easily than you otherwise might if you waited until they produce effects seen elsewhere in the body. Also, the solar plexus is the emotional centre of the body and the transverse colon passes right through it. If an emotional event is left uncompleted, it often results in physical tension being stored in the solar plexus, which affects all organs of the area, including the colon. This on-going tightening of the colon muscle results in diminished movement of faecal material through the colon, which is experienced as constipation. Not only do colonics alleviate the constipation, they can assist you in creating a fully holistic view of your body's functioning, leading to a better quality​

Ok then............I think I would still give it a miss..lol.

Are you still considering going for it Mrs?

It sounds really good, but I just don't know if I could bring myself to go for one. I get embarrassed enough when I go for a bikini wax, never mind having 15 gallons of water squirted up my bum. Maybe if they gave me a general anaesthetic first I'd cope better :D

Sorry Katc - only just seen this, I think we must have posted at the same time!Thanks for your trouble .....

I think this massage sounds as though it might be really painful actually. My understanding of an irrigation is obvious discomfort as the water is pumped around - some massage I know and then the desperate loo trips ;). The tube doesn't worry me in the least. (I had MY children when enemas where compulsory AND I've had a barium enema :() I might be strange but I prefer the idea of the irrigation.

Can't say I've decided but it's tempting! x

Ok then............I think I would still give it a miss..lol.

Are you still considering going for it Mrs?

As you can see .... I am ...... weird or what?? ;):p

Back