Come in and introduce yourself - Cambridge Diet Forum Role Call!

Hi everyone, I'm Nikki and I am 32 years old... I live in Buckley, North WalesI am married to DH Keith for 7 years and have a 19 month old son George (who is gorgeous - see avatar) who we had after 6 years of trying (due to PCOS) and who I nearly died having (but that is a long story)... I love crafting and cake making etc... (SJ we will have to chat!)I started CD back in Feb 07 and did well in 13 weeks, but then ill health came into play and after 2 ops I am trying to get back to it (on 790 not SS), but at the moment my dad is really poorly he had a operation which he has had septacemia from and went from high dependency to intensive care to high depency to the ward and back to high dependency (at the mo)... sorry for rattling on...

Anyway, lost focus yesterday due to stress and feeling down, don't think my head is in the right place but want to be slim, so I will have to!!

Love this diet, and it does work...

Love

Hiya everyone

I'm Trish, married to Ady for 4yrs now, even though we've been together 19yrs!! Have 2 boys, 14yrs & 10yrs.

Live in Wiltshire with the dog & cat. I work for the police at the Hq in Devizes.

I've lost 2st with LL & then recently joined CD and am getting to grips with the 790 plan.

It's a real pleasure to be part of this forum, I've been inspired and amazed by some of the stories told on here.

Hello, Im missymoo, Im 29 (although Im sure theres been a mistake as I still feel about 21?), I live with my partner in West Mids with our two children 5 & 3. I dont work at the moment, in February I decided to have a go at being a stay at home mum and gave up work, I am now looking for something part time and thinking about what I want to do / be .... Im still searching for my way? lol

I gained my weight during my first pregnancy, I was about 9.5 - 10st before then and at my heaviest I was 14st 12lbs. Tried a few times to lose weight but always failed ... till now. Im on the 790 plan and although Ive had a fair few blips the weight is coming off.

Hi all, I'm Shel, 28, and I live in Wirral with my hubby and son (6). Just started CD yesterday and in total have about 8 stone to lose :eek:

I was skinny till I was put on high dose steroids for over a year when I was 13. Since then its just kept on coming. When I met hubby I was about 1 1/2 stone lighter, and the smallest I've been with him is a size 18. I am completely unable to exercise due to chronic arthritus so a VLCD is the only way for me to lose weight!

I'm in the system for bariatric surgery, so this is my last chance.

Hello, I'm Debbie. I'm 28yrs old and live in Newcastle.

I've been married to my Cambridge born husband Luke for 6 and half years and we have three daughters; Grace (4), Olivia (3) and Lucy Love (1).
I qualified as a primary teacher but only do supply now as I have my girlies at home.

My weight flew on in our first year of marriage and before I even got pregnant with our first I was 5 stones over weight. Two more pregnancies meant I gained another 2 unwanted stones. So I have (had) a total of 7 stones to loose!
Thank God 4.5st have gone now and hopefully the last 2.5st will go by Christmas..... watch this space!

I can't believe that my life would change so dramatically in 18 weeks. I've tried and tried for six years to loose weight and can't think of a reason why now it should be so easy, other than it's my time, I've taken hold of it and Im not letting go till it's over!! Without this I have nothing, no where else to go, so I'm making the most of my one chance (as long as I give up the peanuts and peparami's!)

It's been lovely to hear all your stories keep them coming xx

What a fantastic thread Chika:D

I just wanted to say a big hello to all on MiniMins, I'm Donna (otherwise known as Lenny to friends and family). I'm 33 and have been married to John for 4 months (second marriage).

We live in Stow on the Wold in Gloucestershire in a very drafty 200 year old cotswold cottage. We don't have any kids as yet but we do have a lively border collie (Bella -shown below in pic) who is 3.

I used to always be a size 12 but gained the weight when my dad died four years ago and then it just kept increasing until I reached my biggest ever of 13st 5lbs.

I started cd in Jan 07 to lose the weight for the wedding photos but I am strugging with the last 19lbs as my motivation has gone. I will get back on track as I want to be at goal before Christmas.

Nice to meet you all.:p

Good luck.

Hi Im Naomi, 31 and started at 20stone 13lb, two weeks ago, now 19stone 9lbs, and secretly BONKING JOHNNEY behind mrs depp back lol:eek:

Hey Naomi, won't tell Mrs Depp your secret! Donna, your dog is gorgeous! This is a great thread, I'm an HR Manager from Glasgow and have 3 dogs and a hubby. I started LL at 19 stone 3 on 2 June and am now on Cambridge and weigh 14 stone 2. Good luck to everyone! I really enjoy reading Minimins threads!

I'm Beverley, 45, a CDC, have 3 kids 21/18/16, engaged to Phil. Originally born in Essex, moved to Kent and now in Cheshire. Started my weight loss journey 2yrs ago at 15.3 size 22 and lost 4stone in 4months .... then had a crappy year last year and comfort ate and gradually regained 2 of those stones. Now focused again - have an important wedding in 2yrs time! and want to lose 3 maybe 4stone.

Great thread

I'm Gill, i'm 29 and live in King's Lynn, Norfolk with my husband Dan and our beautiful cocker spaniel Freddy. We have been married for just over a year.

I work for a big multi-national food maunfacturer and deal with the most delicious food all day, god know how i am sticking to the diet!!!

My idea job would be a wedding planner so if anyone needs any help just give me a shout.

I've got about 6 more stone to lose and nothing is going to stand in my way. I'm on week 3 after a re-start after a 2 week break and am enjoying every minute of it, especially the comments i am getting

I'm Zita, 33 on Wednesday, have 3 kids and have been married 11 years to John, together nearly 15 years. Currently in last year of nursing training.

Hoping to lose 3 stone on this restart, did LL and CD last year and lost just under 2 stone in 6 weeks but returned to old habits.

:D Hellooo I'm Sarah and am doing Cambridge 790 at the moment. Have lost 26 lbs in the last 5 weeks and have about another 1.5 stone to go. Loving the 790 plan :)

I am married with 2 little boys age 5 & 2, so no getting out of making yummy foods (which I can't eat booo!) in my house!

hello I am Clare aka peachy (cause i was born in a peach coloured room and my granny always called me her little peach). Anyway...............
I am 25 and live with my bloke Kev in cheltenham - I am from Glasgow and moved down here to be with him (aw how sweet). We have been together 5 years and are lookin to buy our first house soon - if we can ever save enough for a deposit.
I have tried every diet available abd have all the books to prove it.
Been dieting for the last 5 years since I moved down south - the women seem skinnier round here than they were in Glasgow. All that dieting had resulted in me gaining even more weight and when I hit 17stone i knew something had to be done.
So far I have lost 3stone 5lbs on Cambridge with a mixture of ssing and 790 and i think it is the best diet in the world.
Nice to hear about all you folks
peachy
x

Hi I'm Carly. I live in Nantwich, Cheshire. I am 25 (26 on fri, but tryin to ignore that!), i am single with a 4 year old son - Derren. I started CD 16wks ago at 13st 10lb (which at 5'3" isnt good!) I am now down to 10st 3lb and just tryin to get rid of this last stone!

Hi I'm Carly. I live in Nantwich, Cheshire. I am 25 (26 on fri, but tryin to ignore that!), i am single with a 4 year old son - Derren. I started CD 16wks ago at 13st 10lb (which at 5'3" isnt good!) I am now down to 10st 3lb and just tryin to get rid of this last stone!

Hey Carly you are just down the road from me!!! :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

LOL@ Chesire ladies

Great thread Chika!!!

Hey hey,:wavey:

Im Abigail and 20 years old, 21 November 9th! (put it in ya diaries) lol.

I've always been overweight, bigger than my peers, hovering between 14 and 12 stones.

Never really stuck to a diet or exercise regime as patience has never been my virtue, so If i didnt see quick results I'd think its not working and give up.

Im getting the hang of this CD though, and I'm actually starting to enjoy it!:eek:

My first weigh in is today, I know it wont be much as I picked the 1st couple days, so I look forward to my second weigh in as ive been legit since saturday lol and vough to just do it right! Ive trained my mind properly, Its a failproof method.

My goal is to reach 11 stone by my birthday....
"NOV 9TH NOV 9TH NOV 9TH"
......lol who said that?!
So I have roughly 23lbs to lose!!!

Nice to meet you all!! Hugs and Kisses:grouphugg:xxx

Hi Guys

Nice to meet you :D

I'm Hannah (37yr old Pisces) and I live in Rochester, Kent in a little bungalow with a perfect view of Rochester Castle from my bedroom window and the River from my lounge.

I've been seperated for 4½yrs and have 1 DS, Louis, who's 5 (6 in Feb).

I work locally full-time as a PA but am soon to change jobs... doing the same thing but for a bigger company...

I recenty bought a Franchise called Mother Funkers which is an early start/early finish dance night for mothers and women of a certain age who miss a good boogie but don't want to go clubbing anymore... they're fab nights in beautiful venues and have a great atmosphere... I'm holding my launch in just over 2 weeks, on the 12th October and I think I'm losing weight through pure stress and nerves...!!!

Looking forward to reading further posts...

Good luck everyone on your journeys..

H x

Back