complete novice to slimming world...

misheemoo

in fact i would go as far 2 say i havent got a clue on how any of it works apart from you can eat on this diet (which sounds excellent to me:), hello everybody my name is michelle i have tried 2 other diets in the last few yrs lost a few pounds here and there but just dont have the motivation 2 go back 2 them as need some thing new and im hoping this will be the 1 for me this time, so fingers crossed i will learn a bit more as i go along, thanks 4 reading my post and good luck 2 my fellow sws :)

Hi and welcome to sw and minimins :D i'm sure you will love the plan.

I have tried weight watchers and the cambridge diet oh and calorie counting, but for me sw and red days are my fav by far :D

good luck

many thanks for your quick reply soccermom, im going to attend my 1st class on thursday 2 find out what its all about, so i"m hoping i will also love these red green and easy days lol, good luck on your weight loss journey too :)

Hi!
Welcome to the forum and Slimming World :D I've never done a proper 'diet' before, mainly because I like my food too much-so SW is perfect for me!! I'm still a newbie though and learning new things all the time :)
Hope you enjoy it.
Kelly.x

I love slimming world cause i can cook for my family and we can all eat the same - and so far all of it is yummy

hello! i'm new to SW aswell - am on my 4th week and have been enjoying it more or less! By far the best one out there for me personally, i've lost 5.5lbs so far - not a huge deal but i am pleased anyways :D. I am always on the EE plan, thats the plan your Leader will try to encourage at the meetings but my MIL does red and green and has some excellent losses (4 stone in 18months) - good luck with your Journey xx

Hi,
Welcome to SW!!!
I've got my 3rd weigh in tomorrow and have lost 6.5lbs so far!
I am finding it relatively easy - a lot of adjustment in the first week, especially the amount of fresh food that I now buy. It is great for the whole family and we've even had some friends and their children over and I cooked a selection of 'free' curries which they all loved!
I really enjoy the image theray (and I'm normally quite a reserved person :eek: ) which helps with motivating me for the rest of the week.
I know it's only early days, but I couldn't recommend slimming world enough:D.

I do hope that it works well for you and this site has been enourmously inspiring.

Hi there and welcome to MM and SW!
Yes, the plan is fantastic, yes, you can loose weight!
My advice would be to make sure you write things down and try and plan as much as you can in advance. Also, dont guess syn values thinking that as it may be a healthier option it would be fewer syns...that isnt always the case!

Good luck with your journey.

Can someone tell me what is 'image therapy' I go to a class every week and have never knowingly had this - there is weigh in and awards etc and raffle and that's it - am I missing something?

Hi,
That's it - it stands for Individual Motivation and Group Experience.
Anyway - it helps me to listen to other stories of success or blocks; gives me ideas for things to try and also be aware of things that might get in the way.
Hope this helps!

Image therapy is where the consultant goes round the group reading out each weight loss/gain and discussing the reasons etc. I'm sure you do it, just didn't know it was Image Therapy!

All you have to do is forget everything you ever learned about losing weight! You'll look at the plan and think "I'll never lose weight eating all that"! But you will! And you'll never look back! Good luck and welcome aboard!

many thanks 2u all but sadly i didnt manage 2 attend the meeting this week as really dont want 2 look a numpty as finding it quite confusing 2 get my head around ee, red, green, hea, heb , free, superfree?????? so im hoping a little more reading, will get me a little more knowledgeable about it all, hope u all have a great weekend and even better losses :)

many thanks 2u all but sadly i didnt manage 2 attend the meeting this week as really dont want 2 look a numpty as finding it quite confusing 2 get my head around ee, red, green, hea, heb , free, superfree?????? so im hoping a little more reading, will get me a little more knowledgeable about it all, hope u all have a great weekend and even better losses :)

That's what the class and your C is there for hun - to talk you through it and to avoid confusion x

Thank you for your comments x

Back