Confession time for all

Eat the biggest multipack quaver pack (although I'm sure they must weigh the same) instead of giving it to the kids.

Keep all the chocolate mini milks to myself and don't allow the kids to have them :) Naughty mom!

After WI if I have a good loss treat myself to a nice synned treat (even though I may not have syns left for the day)

I've been smirking to myself reading this. Have been guilty of a few myself.

I too cannot make myself throw away the crispy skin off chicken and its def syn free.

When I found out that the McDonalds mcflurry I wanted was 12 syns I used my 2 hexa instead of counting syns. Well there is dairy produce in ice cream.

Cocktailprincess don't take this the wrong way but I'm laughing so much at your post I can hardly see for crying! I will post my 'syns' when I stop laughing!

Wendy

Ohhh this is a great idea! well i've only been on sw for 2 weeks but I have a few naughty habits -

1. 10 mins on the rowing machine really equals 15
2. 3 large glasses of wine amazingly only have the syn value of 2 small ones
3. I don't weigh my food or measure my milk!
4. love the fat on meat so proberly don't cut as much off as I should
5. yet to have a roast but again love the crispy skin on roast chicken

This is awful ... how am I ever going to lose weight! ha ha

this is sooo funny.
i do the same as most of you "sinners" out there
1-friday i weigh in mornings then it turns into a syn free day
2-have the odd sweet and not syn i
3-still enjoy a sunday roast trimmings and all
4-dont relly bother sinning things that are only half a sin

theres prob loads more but cant think.
glad we all do it somtimes life too short to worry about cutting off the lovely crispy bacon/chicken skin

fantastic thread though xxx

OMG, I am so good! :angel09:Haha, I need to be more naughty.

The only things I can think of are:

• I don't measure my milk (but know I rarely use it all)
  • I don't often measure my gravy (who has time for that?! There's a hot roast dinner to be scoffed!)
  • I don't syn the teeny bit of flour and wine in my casserole, or the weeny bit of butter in my mash.
Er, that's it! Good thread :D

Okay....

I guesstimate my 250mls of milk,
I don't syn tomato puree,
I don't syn napolina spray olive oil...
I have had a few slices of bacon where I haven't trimmed off all the fat, just made it really crispy instead!

There must be more as I am doing really badly at the moment!

Last edited:
When I found out that the McDonalds mcflurry I wanted was 12 syns I used my 2 hexa instead of counting syns. Well there is dairy produce in ice cream.

ooo does that work lol, I have been hankering after a mcflurry and keep putting it off, but if you are saying that it works, then its good enough for me ;):D:D I dont need to be told twice :D

i dont measure my milk allowance
i always use more gravy than im supposed to and dont syn the extra
i never weigh cheese i just assume its 28g even tho i dont know what 28g looks like
if i want something and cant find how many syns it is i dont count it, i couldnt find it therefore it doesnt exist lol.
i fry my eggs in oil cause i dont like rubbery ones
i use oil for my roasties and dont count it
if i have a meal out and a drink i never try to work out the syns that way i cant feel guilty for it.

Boiled sweets. If I have one of those to suck on during the day. I never count them. I see it as they are fat free so they are not going to do me any harm. Plus my mouth is working hard sucking on the damn thing pmsl and it keeps me from reaching for the really naughty stuff.

Sometimes if I am thickening a sauce with flour and it is a bit on the thin side, I syn the 1 tablespoon, but forget to syn the extra little bit I add in afterwards.

OMG people!! Tut tut!

The only tweak I indulge in is with pitta bread. I don't have the Asda one but rather the food doctor one because I prefer it and it contains more fibre and less salt (though higher good fats with the seeds in it). I count it as an HEB + syns even though technically we're only to count the Asda pitta as an HEB. Otherwise, I follow the plan 100%

You do realise that if any of you ever complain about having a bad weigh-in we're going to remind you of this thread?! :D

I don't think my glasses of wine are 125ml in a glass either, I think they are more like 225ml ;)

1) Alcohol has no syns as long as you get drunk enough to forget how many drinks you had.

2) I don't measure milk out, I just guess. The way I see it is if I have to drink red top then it's ok :p

3) A piece of shortbread once or twice a week with a cuppa is practically syn-free...especially if the cuppa is made with sweetener and red top.

4) Standing up all night in a pub is exercise.

5) Walking for ages to get a taxi on a Saturday night after standing up all night in the pub is exercise.

6) This helps to work off the chippy you consume en route.

7) I don't syn Butter Buds. They're only a half syn per sachet anyway ;)

7 Deadly Sins :D

You naughty people!!! ;););)
Glad it's not just me that sneaks some crispy chicken skin before I give it to the dog....and as for gravy....I make up the granules as directed and syn them appropriately....then sneakily pour in the meat juices after! I did try to find out how many syns the juice contained once but couldn't find it anywhere so now in my warped little mind it's free!! :rolleyes:
It's only once a week and then it's divided between all of us so doubt it makes too much difference in the grand scheme of things!!!!

I regard it as my motherly duty (and pleasure!) to bake with my daughter, and sometimes the results are not synned or counted as a HEX (like the cinnamon swirls today...)

Similarly, when my daughter says things like "but I want you to have some pizza/cake/cheerios with us mummy!" they become practically syn free!

I half and half my HEXAs sometimes (half milk, half cheese) but forget to measure and weigh so probably end up with 1.5-2 HEXAs instead

Or I tell myself I am on a green/red day, have all my HEXAs and at dinner time swap over to Extra Easy - ops!

I am allowed extra syns as I am pregnant :)

I am not too stressed about my abuse of the plan though, as i am not actually trying to lose weight, just control my weight gain. Once the baby is born, however.......

CP - hilarious thread! Love it.

Some of mine are:

• all biscuits have 2 syns
  • Sainsbury's egg mayo is still free to me!
  • Cornflour in a casserole is never synned
  • Wine in cooking has no syns, because all the alcohol is burned off in heating
  • cooked fruit is never synned if I would have eaten the same amount when raw
  • however much ketchup I use, it's invariably a tablespoon/1syn. Unless it's a smidgen, then it's half a syn
  • If I've not had many syns in a day, I will just guesstimate rather than properly work it out.
  • I never believe the online syns calculator!
Those are the ones that spring to mind! I'm really good. Honest!

Many of those that have already been stated, especially food after weigh in is syn free no matter what it is (boy that curry I had tonight was scrummy, along with the popadum, veg samosa's and naan bread - ooops!)

And I make pasta crisps - I can't be bothered with the cutting up of lasagne strips so I just boil a large portion of pasta, penne or something, then bung it in the oven with frylight and worcester sauce!

Many of those that have already been stated, especially food after weigh in is syn free no matter what it is (boy that curry I had tonight was scrummy, along with the popadum, veg samosa's and naan bread - ooops!)

And I make pasta crisps - I can't be bothered with the cutting up of lasagne strips so I just boil a large portion of pasta, penne or something, then bung it in the oven with frylight and worcester sauce!

Ooooooooooo, I've tried the nuking lasagna sheets in the microwave treat and the potato crisp slicer and microwave crisper from eBay, now I'm going to try these pasta in the oven ones.......... (I have been feeling really blue today because of being off work in pain and having a gain at WI last night. But thanks to you I have finally cheered up at the prospect of pasta crisps :D:D:D:D:D)

Kate XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I wonder if i am being too rigid looking at this thread and that is why I am now stuck. My only naughty pleasures are despite being told to syn it, I still make cous cous cake and eat it freely and I split my healthy extras and have mix and match. I even weigh my gravy granules !!!!

Back