Step 1 Sole Source Confessions of a serial CWP returner

Hahahaha and that's why they pay you the big bucks!!!! Good stuff Lily. I'm over my flight of fancy!!!

I did toy with the idea of 2 eclairs and a couple of eggs, plus a delicious glass or two of Fibogel...

Or two eclairs and a couple of flaxseed muffins...

But no. :) That way madness lies. :crazy: :angeldevil:

How's it going today, Nat? Feeling strong, ready to be victorious in your VLCD quest? :)

Well hello dear readers...today has been a good vlcd run. Aside from being stuck in the car and not drinking enough water but I did avoid a cake and did avoid garlic mushroom pizza which I am immensely proud of. I'm now thinking...What new power has control of me. Is it the stop comfort eating hypnosis app...or power of ketosis...So I rummaged around and found an old pot of Ketostick s and guess what....it turned pink!!!! So love that feeling!!! Bad news is my mouth feels like a Filipino rubbish dump and no amount of brushing and mouthwash made it better!!!!

Well hello dear readers...today has been a good vlcd run. Aside from being stuck in the car and not drinking enough water but I did avoid a cake and did avoid garlic mushroom pizza which I am immensely proud of. I'm now thinking...What new power has control of me. Is it the stop comfort eating hypnosis app...or power of ketosis...So I rummaged around and found an old pot of Ketostick s and guess what....it turned pink!!!! So love that feeling!!! Bad news is my mouth feels like a Filipino rubbish dump and no amount of brushing and mouthwash made it better!!!!

A Filipino rubbish dump? Impressive! :) Well done on avoiding all those dining obstacles - and your lovely pink stick!

Have a picture of the Ketosis... "fairy"... ;)

image.jpg

In other news. Really struggling today mentally. Think it's water related. I've not drank enough again. Going to have to sort this out. This is what gets me!!!

Ah, no - you're not chickening out on me now. Doesn't have to be water. All right, I know it's supposed to be water - but if water's hard, I absolutely insist you drink more tea, coffee and diet fizz. We've done this long enough to know which rules can be broken! Whatever it takes to stay hydrated!!

I'm doing 2 litres of water - one in the morning, one in the afternoon, then a glass of sugar free squash and however many cups of tea I fancy. Seems to be ok but I guess I'll know tomorrow - weigh day! :eek:

Hey ladies,

Seems like we've all been here before. This forum is so much quieter than the first time I did it 6 years ago.... I'm just over 2 weeks in and feeling so much better now than I did in the first two weeks! How're you all doing today?

Ah, no - you're not chickening out on me now. Doesn't have to be water. All right, I know it's supposed to be water - but if water's hard, I absolutely insist you drink more tea, coffee and diet fizz. We've done this long enough to know which rules can be broken! Whatever it takes to stay hydrated!!

I'm doing 2 litres of water - one in the morning, one in the afternoon, then a glass of sugar free squash and however many cups of tea I fancy. Seems to be ok but I guess I'll know tomorrow - weigh day! :eek:

Weigh day!!!! can't weight (bad pun) to find out.

No I'm not chickening out especially as I actually "feel" slimmer today which just makes me remember my last mantra...it's one day at a time..if I sit and think about the enormity of it. I would go stir crazy. Especially since I have lost and gained at least 40 of these pesky pounds one 2 previous occasions and I know it took at least 12 weeks! That said. I'm going to do it. I'm going to stay focused. I'm staying focused on today and today only.

Hey ladies,

Seems like we've all been here before. This forum is so much quieter than the first time I did it 6 years ago.... I'm just over 2 weeks in and feeling so much better now than I did in the first two weeks! How're you all doing today?

Hey bevy!

Nice to have you along!! Have you got a diary???

You may notice I write a shed load of waffle. I have a tendency to do these things so please feel free to ignore me.

I think the forum has gone really quite. Perhaps it's because so many of the alternative VLCD programmes out there have there own Facebook groups etc.

Anyway - how much have you lost/got to lose?

Grrrr. Why is it evenings are the worst....

im defo in ketosis but I'm ravenous. I can't even sleep because ketosomnia kicked off.

just to hack me off a touch more...I've just received a poorly written generically addressed letter from my director of HR informing me of the impending TUPE transfer process. Which I should be unsurprised about. I'm actually looking forward to having a new director to work for.... Nothing could me worse than these clueless lot of idiots I am working with. I just hope it's less travel...

anyway...I guess that's all the curveball of life I get chucked at me every time I do a Vlcd. Honest it's almost like fate. I try and address my weight and whomp, a shed load of sheet just falls out of the closet....bloody unfair if you ask me. I just want 3 months that's all!
.......hot yoga tomorrow. Can't brimming wait

Grrrr. Why is it evenings are the worst....

im defo in ketosis but I'm ravenous. I can't even sleep because ketosomnia kicked off.

just to hack me off a touch more...I've just received a poorly written generically addressed letter from my director of HR informing me of the impending TUPE transfer process. Which I should be unsurprised about. I'm actually looking forward to having a new director to work for.... Nothing could me worse than these clueless lot of idiots I am working with. I just hope it's less travel...

anyway...I guess that's all the curveball of life I get chucked at me every time I do a Vlcd. Honest it's almost like fate. I try and address my weight and whomp, a shed load of sheet just falls out of the closet....bloody unfair if you ask me. I just want 3 months that's all!
.......hot yoga tomorrow. Can't brimming wait

There's always something, isn't there? Years ago, I naively thought life would get less complicated as I got older. Not a bit of it. I've got perma-stress - like permafrost. ;) Nothing is straightforward. My latest slice of additional stress is the university my son has got into has announced he won't be eligible for on site accommodation because he lives within 35 miles of the university. Which was certainly news to me, because it's 42 miles by road and there are no trains that go west-east in our neck of the woods.

But no. It's a 35-mile radius as the crow flies. And we're inside that radius by 2.2 miles. I could cry. Well, actually, I did cry, which was a bit of an over reaction, but now I've got the hassle of trying to find him somewhere to live while at the same time persuading him he should still go (it wouldn't take much more for him to chicken out). He's already been out of school for ten months and he has a two day a week job - there are no jobs for school leavers where we live, only very crappy apprenticeships, which he won't go for because his two day a week job actually pays more! And I don't need this extra pressure, you know? I know that sounds mad - he is of course my number one priority, but that, on top of everything that's been going on workwise, is just the straw that did something nasty to the camel's back.

The TUPE thing - as you say, hopefully it will be a change for the better. Gotta love generically crappily written letters though. We had a couple of generically crap emails from the university's accommodation team when we queried the decision. That just made it worse somehow. No apology, just a "that's how it is, life's tough, suck it up" message. Sam now sees that as a reflection of whether the university is any good - I keep having to explain that the accommodation side will be run differently from the course itself. At least I bl**dy hope so. We're not off to a great start...

I think I do confuse anxiety or that agitated feeling for hunger because I'm one of those people who get it in the pit of the stomach.

I'm not bothered about being TUPEd. I'm not a fan of the charity I'm working with at the moment. Looked wonderful from a vantage point in the distance. Up close it's a hammer horror story.

May get an early dart today as it's bank holiday. I just feel really like I need to go and get a bath. If that was my current living situation was condusive to having uninterrupted bath time.

I have hot yoga at 6 so hopefully that willl make me feel more Human.

Off to go get some milk thistle now though...May help the lack of toilet action since wednesday

Good evening all
Sad times....no hot yoga for me due to getting held up in work. Alas I've taken to my bed in protest

I'm not sure if I'm bored of frustrated tonight. But I'm really irritated. This is what happens when I am not grazing on copious biscuits. Meh!!!!!

Time to listen to my hypnosis I think!!!

Ohhhh.... {{{hugs}}}

Stupid work. On a Friday too. :rant2:

It's hard, isn't it? Makes you realise how you anaesthetise yourself with food on occasion. My lot ordered pizza, which was truly helpful of them - not. I nicked a slice or two of pepperoni and pretended I'd had one too.

Didn't really work, but I guess a different taste was something! (And newbies reading this thread, not recommended :))

I think that when you have a variety of home or work commitments food becomes a way of creating interest. I'm not one for watching soaps. I mostly like to read of an evening. But I will watch a film on Fridays with us all. Normally that includes all sorts of goodies that I will refrain from mentioning because God knows it's hard enough without mentioning those morish little jelly rings and hearts!!!

So today is the first day of the weekend, the time where this stuff is the worst....

So In true beck style I am creating my diversion list while alara has breakfast. Give me strength!!!!!

I think that when you have a variety of home or work commitments food becomes a way of creating interest. I'm not one for watching soaps. I mostly like to read of an evening. But I will watch a film on Fridays with us all. Normally that includes all sorts of goodies that I will refrain from mentioning because God knows it's hard enough without mentioning those morish little jelly rings and hearts!!!

So today is the first day of the weekend, the time where this stuff is the worst....

So In true beck style I am creating my diversion list while alara has breakfast. Give me strength!!!!!

But you just mentioned the morish little jelly rings and hearts. Now I'm picturing them, dammit. :8855:

NO CHOICE!

image.jpg

Tee hee. :)

Back