Step 1 Sole Source Confessions of a serial CWP returner

Oops trigger finger.... I was a about to say. I had to start coming back. I'm trying to vlcd again after many attempts at a restart. Just reached a point where I don't want to feel like "this" anymore!!@

I'm very fat, thank you. ;) So I need to get myself in hand and *do* something. 'Course, I never stop trying to do something, but Cambridge is about the only thing that ever works, sigh. Need to find me a new consultant though, coz my old one stopped doing it.

Might ring one tomorrow - well, later today now. Gosh, is that the time? Best get to bed!

Does anyone know anything about saints and slimmers? I believe you can't post about them on minis. Something to do with aggressive marketing. But they do a ready made shake that tastes like chocolate velvet. Considering giving there 800 plan a whirl.

I did a search to see what you meant. Looks like posts have been removed. Wonder what the story is? The site looks innocuous enough. It's the thing I wish S&S and Exante could do - ready made shakes in the morning make life so much easier. Hope you're doing ok this morning x

Well that was my thoughts. So I dipped my tie in and guess what... The ready made heavenly chocolate shake tastes exactly the same as chocolate velvet Cambridge variant. However checking the ingredients it seems to slightly higher carbs, but then it is a bit bigger.

Well that's worth knowing. I might have to order a few. I finally found some LighterLife Fast ready mades in B'ham Superdrug this morning. I tried a strawberry one at lunch time. Not too bad - slightly odd taste, but no worse than Strawberry Silk - it might have been a lot better if it had been properly cold (I put it in the fridge at the office for a couple of hours but it wasn't as cold as I'd have liked.

And I've had a message to say my Superdrug order has now arrived, so I'll try every flavour over the next week or two and will report back. They're 350ml, 201 cals and 17.8 carb, which isn't too bad. And a third RDA vits and mins. But expensive at £2.99 each (2 for a fiver at the moment).

Hello long forgotten diary!!!!

so I thought I would refresh and renew this thread with a bit of an update.

those that know me will remember my incredibly difficult circumstances. We'll they didn't get any better. I'm at my dads now since he's unwell. I've had 12 months of crazy, washing machine fast spin cycle insanity.

in all that mess, I lost site of myself. All I could do was make it through the day and be all things to all people. So here I am.

day one of a return....I'm following 600 Vlcd that shall not be named....other than to say they sometimes sell protein muffins!!!!

Im also making a daily habit of slimpodding. Which will hopefully give me the opportunity to address my poor choices.

I hope that I get that 2008 magic this time

Hello long forgotten diary!!!!

so I thought I would refresh and renew this thread with a bit of an update.

those that know me will remember my incredibly difficult circumstances. We'll they didn't get any better. I'm at my dads now since he's unwell. I've had 12 months of crazy, washing machine fast spin cycle insanity.

in all that mess, I lost site of myself. All I could do was make it through the day and be all things to all people. So here I am.

day one of a return....I'm following 600 Vlcd that shall not be named....other than to say they sometimes sell protein muffins!!!!

Im also making a daily habit of slimpodding. Which will hopefully give me the opportunity to address my poor choices.

I hope that I get that 2008 magic this time

Me too.

i do have a Slim Pod somewhere... Well, we all do, don't we? :D Maybe I'll dig it out. If nothing else, maybe it'll help me drop off to sleep!

Muffins eh? No... Don't go there, Lily. :8855:

I actually have a few...chocoholic cure (most needed) drop 2 jeans sizes and Chilpod. I also have easy loss gastric band AND Paul McKenna. I must but every hypnoquack's dream!

been and had a nap. How long does it take to enter the zone??? I wish I didn't have to get through ketosis transition. Especially when I'm driving 60 miles to work every morning!

I actually have a few...chocoholic cure (most needed) drop 2 jeans sizes and Chilpod. I also have easy loss gastric band AND Paul McKenna. I must but every hypnoquack's dream!

been and had a nap. How long does it take to enter the zone??? I wish I didn't have to get through ketosis transition. Especially when I'm driving 60 miles to work every morning!

You've forgotten dear old Marissa. :D I've got every one of those you've listed, plus, ahem, a few more. And the books, oh, the books. A whole bookshelf alone, and let's not count the ones on my Kindle... :ashamed0005:

I've found ketosis transition surprisingly ok. I guess I must be nearly there by now?? Nearly through Day 3. We're off to see Age of Ultron in a bit, so that should keep me out of trouble. I've delicately sliced a SnS Milk Chocolate Praline Bar to eat at the cinema - how sad is that? :8855:

That's not sad, that's prepared. Oh yes...I have actuallybdusted off my beck solution book. For the no excuses cards. Just as I started on my journey to 11 stone. Which was my last good attempt. I had that workbook under my pillow for weeks!

Now cooking dinner for my lazy ass "step Mom" which translates as my father's latest bimbo. I'm not cooking for her. Rather she should be cooking for him. Though if I waited for her to get out of her snuggy he would be in a diabetic coma.

Bahhh....forgot how this was a struggle. Probably should have had a nap.. now I'm feeling like..baaahhhh. watching endless tv.

So far so good. Avoided my morning latte. In the car baking hot. So glad I've got a busy day today.

Well today has not been all that bad. I've had a fair amount of the wet stuff. Plus two ready made sts&slmmrs chocolate shakes. Just going to indulge in a spicy spaghetti to make the medley complete. Which means it could be about 560 calories today.

I am in a pretty introspective mood. Thinking about this VLCD thing. I don't know why buy I always assumed that the power of CWP was because of the protein, thinking carbs would ultimately end ketosis, the magical fat burning furnace which ends all hunger and makes such deprivation possible. But maybe not so??? I'm sure Lily will come with the answer soon enough but I really do wonder. What would happen if I ate just 2 chocolate eclairs a day??? I mean would i lose weight or wouldnt I? Would I still enter ketosis. There are so many supposed websites with their "knowledge" but what is really...um real?

Incidentally I just did a bit of Pilates and boy 15 stone legs are A LOT harder to move in concentric circles than 11 stone ones!!!

Well today has not been all that bad. I've had a fair amount of the wet stuff. Plus two ready made sts&slmmrs chocolate shakes. Just going to indulge in a spicy spaghetti to make the medley complete. Which means it could be about 560 calories today.

I am in a pretty introspective mood. Thinking about this VLCD thing. I don't know why buy I always assumed that the power of CWP was because of the protein, thinking carbs would ultimately end ketosis, the magical fat burning furnace which ends all hunger and makes such deprivation possible. But maybe not so??? I'm sure Lily will come with the answer soon enough but I really do wonder. What would happen if I ate just 2 chocolate eclairs a day??? I mean would i lose weight or wouldnt I? Would I still enter ketosis. There are so many supposed websites with their "knowledge" but what is really...um real?

Incidentally I just did a bit of Pilates and boy 15 stone legs are A LOT harder to move in concentric circles than 11 stone ones!!!

I can't even lie on my back on a flat floor at the moment without suffocating myself - Pilates is a no no. I'm dead impressed you can manage anything. :D

Right, the chocolate eclair VLCD. Ok, I'll do the maths and report back though I'm actually a little scared this may turn out to have exactly the right nutritional profile (plus a good quality multivitamin :D) to be acceptable... If it does, we're all going to be in trouble. :8855:

I can tell you now that you would lose weight. But (hopefully) not very healthily...

Back in a bit!

I'm going to wait here eagerly in the hope of being told I can stop shaking and just eat chocolate eclairs!

Haha... Yes but only 2 a day!!!

So decided to give a ready made mouse mix a whirl. Bad move. Strong taste of stevia and a bit grainy. And an altogether too "processed" flavour...but who am I kidding. Thats what this is...processed food! Currently "enjoying" spicy spaghetti though. It's actually yummy!!!

I have to say....I'm feeling pretty good at my resolve today. Who can resist a tuk cracker!!!! I just did....

OK. There's good news and bad news. :D

If you were to eat 3 chocolate eclairs a day instead of 3 chocolate velvet Cambridge shakes, there would actually be slightly fewer calories in the eclairs. Unbelievably, there would also be fewer carbs in the eclairs (making ketosis a dead cert!)

However, the pitiful amount of protein in the eclairs would be nowhere near enough to sustain muscle mass, meaning the Eclair VLCD would dissolve both fat and muscle - not good, especially if you were to fall off the wagon, as everything regained would go on as fat unless you coincidentally became a body builder or went all "The Biggest Loser" and worked out for 10 hours a day. And if you're prepared to do that, you probably don't need to do a VLCD at all. ;)

And of course, the eclairs contain too much fat - though this may not be a huge problem given the relative absence of carbohydrate.

But the constipation would be horrific. 3 eclairs only gives you a quarter of the fibre of 3 chocolate tetras. :sick0019:

I think on balance the Chocolate Tetras have it. Or your chosen VLCD equivalent. :)

I attach photographic evidence of my hastily conducted research below.
image.jpg

Do it yourself VLCDs - not a good idea! :nono:

Hahahaha and that's why they pay you the big bucks!!!! Good stuff Lily. I'm over my flight of fancy!!!

Back