Confessions of an Indecisive Dieter

Totally agree with lb its a gorgeous dress and it really is nice on xx its true you will find people of all shapes and sizes around i was down the hotel pool for a drink on Friday and there was a lady in swimming who must have been 25 stone she wad having a great time and i wished i had half her confidence.

Thanks girls. I didn't wear it in the end :/ I ordered lots of nice dresses for the holiday, but most of them were far too small in the boob area. Even though everyone was walking around in bikinis, I didn't feel comfortable enough to wear most of them. I saw a few heavier girls, but the majority were pretty skinny. I went to South Croatia, so maybe that's why. I had a lovely time though! My OH finally gave me an engagement ring - it's lovely :D we got engaged in Paris a few months ago. We're planning our next holiday in 2-3 months & this time I'll be able to use it as motivation. I'd love to be able to go on a normal holiday and not worry about covering up so much.

I haven't done a down day in a while, but I've been concentrating on eating clean. No processed food, white carbs, sugar etc. I'm being a little less strict on saturday's. We'll be getting a juicer this weekend and I'll start by doing two juice fasts per week as down days. I've also started exercising - floor exercises! I haven't done any in years because I hate them, I'd much rather do intense cardio, but I need to start toning as well as losing. I'm also waiting on my kettlebell delivery.

I give up!!!! I've been eating clean, drinking lots of water, exercising, I even gave up alcohol for 3 weeks (this is coming from someone who's been drinking 1-2 bottles of wine, 3 times a week since my teens!) and I've GAINED weight! My calories haven't gone above 1200 daily. I have no idea what is going on :(

Back again lol. I tried LCHF again for 9 days, lost quite a bit of weight but for the last few days I felt like I was dying :-/ I don't think it's the diet alone that caused all the pain, I think I have a problem with digestion and the high fat content made it worse. So I came off it Friday, haven't really felt like much food since then. I did a down day yesterday and today is an "up". I find it really hard to stick to juddd as most people do. I usually do two double downs a week (mon, tues, thurs, fri) but this time I'm aiming for 3 downs a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday as downs, Tuesday and Thursday around 1200 then ups at the weekend. Either that or alternate days. I really need to stay on the wagon this time. I'm always messing around with lots of dietis (also tried juice fasting recently) but the only way I've lost and maintained weight loss over the past few years, is with juddd.

Back again lol. I tried LCHF again for 9 days, lost quite a bit of weight but for the last few days I felt like I was dying :-/ I don't think it's the diet alone that caused all the pain, I think I have a problem with digestion and the high fat content made it worse. So I came off it Friday, haven't really felt like much food since then. I did a down day yesterday and today is an "up". I find it really hard to stick to juddd as most people do. I usually do two double downs a week (mon, tues, thurs, fri) but this time I'm aiming for 3 downs a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday as downs, Tuesday and Thursday around 1200 then ups at the weekend. Either that or alternate days. I really need to stay on the wagon this time. I'm always messing around with lots of dietis (also tried juice fasting recently) but the only way I've lost and maintained weight loss over the past few years, is with juddd.

You sound like me! I'm always messing around with diets too I start one then get fed up and change onto another within a day!ha! So that's it I made the conscious decision 2weeks ago and I'm 10lbs down so must be doing something right! I'm doing 4:3 now I need the weight off quickly but safely plus I don't want bagging skin and I have 6 stone to shift boo!!! JUDDD I feel is a great option for us that are indescisive dieters because we can have the best if both worlds ;) anyway good luck :)

I am so sick of losing and gaining the same weight over and over again. I've basically been maintaining my weight since the big move, I haven't managed to do JUDDD (as I did in the beginning) for longer than a week or so.

My OH just had a few days off, that plus the weekend resulted in eating out, takeaways and lots of wine. I'm not even gonna repeat what I saw on the scales this morning!

So I got on the laptop and read through this diary, seems I got serious about losing weight around this time last year, I was doing two double down days (mon, tues, thurs, fri) and 3 ups. My average was 1-2lbs a week, which doesn't sound like much, but I'd be MORE than happy with that now. I am fed up with all the messing around. I know this diet works for me, it's just been so difficult going from living on my own and controlling everything in the kitchen cupboards, to sharing a house again. I've never been great with diets when in a relationship - at least I've been mostly maintaining this time though.

So, back to Juddd! I'll update here at least every weigh-in day.

I just had a total meltdown with OH after failing to make kale soup LOL. I'm sitting in the bedroom trying to calm down - I'm such a monster sometimes, can't blame my hormones for everything :-/

It's my second down day, I've decided against double downs after reading about its affect on the metabolism. Downs will be mon, tues, weds, with around 1200-1500 on tues and thurs, then not counting anything over the weekend. I've got an exercise bike on its way, so I'll start that next week.

Already lost 3kg :eek:

I thought I'd have a break from the scales and not weigh myself for a while. I feel much smaller already, currently on my 2nd week back on juddd. We might be going away for a long weekend, and I'm beginning to panic a little bit. I'm not much smaller than my holiday in june but I need to be more positive this time. Whats the point in constantly worrying about my size and potentially ruining any bit of fun I could have? I'm not going to magically shrink overnight, I need to just keep going and not concentrate on what others may or may not think about me.

JUDDD overview

My head has been all over the place lately. Switching from one diet to another since march-april has done absolutely nothing for me, other than confusing my body and probably messing up my metabolism. I thought I'd look through old posts again and personal diary entries on my iphone to make sure I'm on the right track. Firstly, the majority of my weight loss happened between september last year and the end of december. An acceptable 1-2lbs a week (considering my issues, which I'll mention in a minute). Then around january I got totally OTT and further and further away from the juddd guidelines. I was having far too many down days, even my ups were turning into downs. That is exactly when I stopped losing weight. I was getting frustrated that the diet was no longer working for me, but in reality I was sabotaging my efforts by going too far. Shortly after my extreme version of juddd, I moved abroad. During the last 5 months I've gone from calorie counting, clean eating, lchf, fast 5, weight watchers, but mostly just watching what I eat (with treats at the weekend) this has allowed me to maintain my weight, which is actually a huge achievement (and a first) for me because I always gain a significant amount of weight when I live with someone (whether it's a boyfriend, family, or friends). I feel like I'm ready to get back into this plan properly again, after nearly two weeks back on plan I'm feeling much better (physically and mentally). I've dropped over 5kg, which I know will slow down, but I'm okay with that.

I know I'm far from being at goal, but juddd was literally a life saver for me. I couldn't stick to any other diet, and even if I did. I hardly lost anything (other than on a vlcd). I think this is mainly down to health reasons. When I started out on this diet, my menstrual cycle was all over the place. I was having blood tests, scans and all sorts because I'd been lightly bleeding everyday continually for 3 months. They suspected pcos (I kind of knew I might have had hormonal problems) they found small cysts on my ovaries. I never actually went back for more tests, because eventually as I was losing more weight, my cycles started to regulate. I'm at a point now, where I'm almost normal with usually a 34 day cycle, although I don't think I've been ovulating. This is amazing to me, because even before my crazy, everyday bleeding, I had irregular cycles. I'd sometimes only have a period twice a year, even when I was much smaller than I am now. I read an article a while ago about how intermittent fasting can help with insulin, and since most pcos sufferers are insulin resistant, that could explain why my cycle was regulated on juddd. About 3 months ago I started charting my cycle. I was taking my BBT every morning and using ovulation tests. I've used opks on and off for years and never had a positive, but after two weeks back on juddd - I actually ovulated! To someone who has no problem with fertility, this may sound like nothing, but it's huge for me. It might be a coincidence, but I really think this diet had something to do with it.

It's a shame a lot of the hype over this diet has died down, this side of the forum seems so quiet compared to last year! I think a lot of people started on the plan after watching the Michael Mosely Documentary (including me) but now the hype has died down, everyone seems to have moved on. Although, I've noticed a lot of the different sections are pretty quiet. Anyway, for now I'll be continuing with juddd, I think it's important for me to be consistent with one plan for a while.

Totally agree with you about teh whole board being quiet, I thought it was just here but really all the sections are much quieter than usual, weird huh?

Great that you've found something that you know works for you and gets the results you want, thats diet Nirvana lol. So glad you're getting to the bottom of your health issues as well, I am a great believer that we are what we eat and it does affect our bodies in countless ways, even if we don't actually have symptoms of anything, onwards and downwards pencils xxxx

Thanks ladies x

I'm fully back in the swing of things & loving seeing the scale go down again :D lost 1.5lbs this week, but I didn't do any exercise. It's great knowing I can do 3 down days and lose the same (or a bit more) than I was losing doing two double downs a week.

I'm flying back to the UK soon & I can't wait! We're only visiting, but it feels like I've been away forever. Lots of catching up to do, which I'm sure will include a few meals out. I might do fast 5 while I'm there for damage limitation. So excited! I didn't think I'd miss home so much.

Also, I ordered a few of the zero noodles and slim pasta from holland and barrett. The reviews I've read are pretty bad, but I actually really like them! If boiled then fried with soy sauce & mixed with other things they're quite good. I made one meal with soy sauce, herbs, tiny bit of oil, extra light mayo mixed with salmon, mushrooms and onions. It was just as filling as a normal meal & will be a life saver on down days.

Hey! Where have you been? What diet are you doing now?

I'm good thanks! I haven't been doing any down days. I was mainly maintaining my weight for a while, then I started exercising and eating breakfast again. I feel so much better for it. Juddd was great when I started, and I'd maybe try it again, but I can't right now because I recently found out I'm pregnant! I'm trying to be as healthy as possible. I lost 2lbs last week without dieting, just being healthy and active.

Back