Confuddled...

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
K, exante is 600 cal a day. I'm being as good as I can be with sticking to it. I'm exercising lightly, I'm not on TOTM, i'm drinking minimum of 2 1/2ltr water a day, so.... WHY WON'T THE SCALES MOVE DOWN!!!!!!!!!! for 12 days now I have battled with the same pound!!! Seriously WTF! This is insane! It's only my 3rd week!! :(

Are you able to try a different set of scales? They may be faulty...

Sadly the only set i have access to are mine. and they seem to have been fine until now. This is just so disheartening, i really want to do this but not seeing results makes me wonder if it's worth putting myself through this but then again i need to get at least close to my goal weight because i feel so low about how i am at the moment. Just really stumped and have noone can talk to about it - one thing i do miss from CD. THanks for the reply, and sorry for the rant just feeling really low at the moment because there should be a change!

Don't feel disheartened they will move. It could simply be hormonal water retention. Don't give up, the scales will move - the law of physics say they have to. You had such an amazing first week, it would be a shame not to press on. We are here for you dancing partner.

xxx

Have you done your measurements, is there any change there? Have you tried ketostix to check you're in ketosis? When you say 'as good as can be' does that mean other things are sneaking in - if so, what?
If you're literally having nothing but your 3 packs a day and your water then it will happen sooner or later - I don't think there's anyone on earth who can consume only 600 calories a day and not lose weight! So maybe try no caffeine, no coke zero, no boullion for a couple of days, up the water to 3-4L, and see if that shifts it?
Must be so frustrating, I've had up to 3 days before when the scales haven't shifted and I've found that bad enough. I keep the faith thought because I know that if I stick to the diet it has to work - thats a fact!
Good luck x

Thank you, really appreciate the support. I have no intention to quit, i know these diets work and i know i can stick to them, i was just hoping to have a constant loss than this being stuck for a while. Will be strong and power on til my weigh in next wednesday and just really hope for a result - even if it's 2lbs i'll be happy! holiday is looming only 6 weeks and 5 days and would love to lose 1 1/2-2 stone by then. optomistic but perfectly doable (usually) with this diet. I can cope with lack of food and having to curb my social life slightly (don't mind pubbing but not going to a club stone cold sober!) but i just can't help feeling down when it seems like it's all in vain! If i put in all this work and i'm still at this sodding pound when i go away i really just think it's destroy me a little! :(

I'll echo what LED said and was my next question; have you taken your measurements?

We shouldn't just rely on the scales :)

exactly... i had rubbish weeks on lighterlife but when i remeasured those were always the weeks that a huge improvement was made. i dunno science behind it but 1lb of fat is a lot larger in size than 1lb of muscle. you could weigh the exact same but be smaller? xx

I like the sound of that! unfortunately i didn't take my measurements when i started but think i will do this tomorrow morning (i weigh in in the mornings so would make sense i think!) thanks guys, i always feel better after posting on here. And i am doing well (despite feeling sooooo tired it's not even funny! lol) official weigh in next wednesday so fingers crossed theres some sign of reducing in wither weight or mass! :)

Well done on persevering 212 - you're doing so well and will continue to do so! Sometimes week 3 is just a funny week - maybe something about your body trying to hang on/adjusting after those big initial losses. Week three for me too here and when I've peeked at the scales I've been less than impressed. However, as others have said, it's impossible not to lose weight with this diet so we're best sticking with it and waiting on that great week 4 result! x

I'm just impatient I think lol! Ridiculous really, this diet is hard but the results are awesome but it's still never enough quick enough! Human nature I guess lol! x

Did I read your post correctly-- are you consuming some alcohol before clubbing? This could be why you are not losing, and it's also quite dangerous while on such a strict diet. There is a sticky about this also.

Gardenia is right you absolutely can't drink alcohol on a VLCD. It's incredibly dangerous!

I dont think she does, i think she is saying that she will go to the pub and drink water, but it has stopped her going clubbing, as she doesnt want to go as sober. i dont like going to clubs and drinking water, always get that look as if you are on drugs! x

Did I read your post correctly-- are you consuming some alcohol before clubbing? This could be why you are not losing, and it's also quite dangerous while on such a strict diet. There is a sticky about this also.

I dont think she does, i think she is saying that she will go to the pub and drink water, but it has stopped her going clubbing, as she doesnt want to go as sober. i dont like going to clubs and drinking water, always get that look as if you are on drugs! x

Yep - that's what she said ...

I can cope with lack of food and having to curb my social life slightly (don't mind pubbing but not going to a club stone cold sober!)

not going to a club - not that she's drinking so she can go :) x

Just to make it clear no alcohol goes near me on this diet!! I know the dangers and I'm dedicated to this - gonna do it all properly!!! I'm either the designated driver or I just stick to water in a small glass with a straw! My point was that's fine in a pub but I don't enjoy the clubbing stage being sober! No mention of alcohol! :)

Back